Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'd take either. But just a reminder to the one's saying Watson because he's younger, don't forget that since Wilson's been in the league he hasn't missed a snap of football ever. The definition of durability.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
You know Pace is going for Wilson. He can't trade the farm for someone he could of drafted anyway.

Wilson saves face for Pace

oober

Liked Posts:
Say you go for neither, Bring in Fitzpatrick have some fun with it. Fire Pace and Nagy. Hire Epstein and have Renteria coach for a minute to guarantee top draft picks then pick up Brady as head coach right after he retires.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I would take Wilson, Here is why, you get three affordable years on his remaining contract. 19, 19, and 22 milly. Not bad, so you can afford to keep some other talent around on the Defense and offense.

He is 32. So you get 3 more quality years on the cheap during some of the mentally prime years for QB's, he also doesn't have too much of an injury history if I am not mistaken, so there is potential for one more contract with him.

To be safe I would be drafting a QB every year until confident that there was a replacement for him if he decided to walk away or his play dropped off in his mid/late 30's which is a possibility. I also think that Russ is a better QB today, and he is used to playing in a system where the money is spent on the defense, which is something the Bears are constantly guilty of.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson

I think Wilson is a better fit for Nagy though. But, I would prefer that Nagy isn't in Chicago for much longer and you can go out and find the best coach for Watson.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
A young Watson with a whole career ahead of him but I would take Wilson as a consultation prize.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And you'll get neither.
Uvo6pF.gif

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Whoever wants to be in Chicago more. And since Rus has said he'd play in Chicago and Watson hasn't said he would. I'm going with Rus.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would take Wilson, Here is why, you get three affordable years on his remaining contract. 19, 19, and 22 milly. Not bad, so you can afford to keep some other talent around on the Defense and offense.

He is 32. So you get 3 more quality years on the cheap during some of the mentally prime years for QB's, he also doesn't have too much of an injury history if I am not mistaken, so there is potential for one more contract with him.

To be safe I would be drafting a QB every year until confident that there was a replacement for him if he decided to walk away or his play dropped off in his mid/late 30's which is a possibility. I also think that Russ is a better QB today, and he is used to playing in a system where the money is spent on the defense, which is something the Bears are constantly guilty of.

19, 24, and 27 actually

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'll take both for $500, Alex.

You've hit the daily double.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson for the age and playmaking, Wilson for the polish and pedigree. Either way, Bears fans having this discussion feels like a group of fat guys talking about two girls who are out of their league.

But one of them, for some unbeknownst reason, actually seems interested.

I'd be over the moon with either.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
tha fuck? if you cant have RW you dont want DW?

Visionman was a seething Watson hater back when some Trubisky fanboys were still clinging onto the delusion that he was in the same universe as Watson. That kind of resentment doesn't go away.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson for the age and playmaking, Wilson for the polish and pedigree. Either way, Bears fans having this discussion feels like a group of fat guys talking about two girls who are out of their league.

But one of them, for some unbeknownst reason, actually seems interested.

I'd be over the moon with either.
We're fat guys with yuge pockets