1. Southern California Trojans
Here's Vegas odds of where Watson will end up:

EsMTPYDVgAAPd_e

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

A look back at Watson's tweets on the Bears he felt disrespected by Pace and even felted the need to air it out on social media.

Watson tweeted last May, the Bears “NEVER ONCE talked to me’’ in the weeks leading up to the draft.

What they did do was wine and dine North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nah. I got a gut feeling that Watson is feeling the Chicago love and my jersey is OTW! Perennial Super Bowl Champs. BEAR DOWN!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don't think that would factor in his decision, honestly. I'm sure he wants to go somewhere he could win and Pace/Nagy are well versed in kissing ass and making nice. Bears have a good defense in place and workable pieces on offense. If they could sell Watson on the defense being top 10, and assure him they'll bolster the OL, I don't think he would say no because they passed on him.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A look back at Watson's tweets on the Bears he felt disrespected by Pace and even felted the need to air it out on social media.

Watson tweeted last May, the Bears “NEVER ONCE talked to me’’ in the weeks leading up to the draft.

What they did do was wine and dine North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky.

According to this article I just posted in the WR thread he did meet them and he says he doesn't harbor ill feelings.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
My Hope:
Bears trade 2021 + 2022 + 2023 first round picks. Plus FS Jackson + 2022 2nd round pick for QB Watson. Cut Graham. Trade Hicks, Re-sign Fuller to lower his cap number and tag Robinson. It's a lot but trade under performing Jackson and picks for the best QB we have every seen in a Bears uniform. The key would be Nagy and the vets convincing Watson Chicago is the best place for him going forward. Saves Pace and Nagy's jobs. Brings the Bears a Super Bowl. Maybe I'm just drinking too much.
With his no trade clause Watson will pick his next team before the draft. Would expect it to happen like the Mack trade. Quiet and then BAM.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I don't think that would factor in his decision, honestly. I'm sure he wants to go somewhere he could win and Pace/Nagy are well versed in kissing ass and making nice. Bears have a good defense in place and workable pieces on offense. If they could sell Watson on the defense being top 10, and assure him they'll bolster the OL, I don't think he would say no because they passed on him.

.....THEY did not pass on him only PACE did and I said before as long as Pace is the GM I dont see why Watsons people would even be talking Pace's calls . As I said last week if we had fired Pace and hired Louis Riddick we would have been in great position to make a play for Watson but once we kept Pace we basically took ourselves out of the running for Watson

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
.....THEY did not pass on him only PACE did and I said before as long as Pace is the GM I dont see why Watsons people would even be talking Pace's calls . As I said last week if we had fired Pace and hired Louis Riddick we would have been in great position to make a play for Watson but once we kept Pace we basically took ourselves out of the running for Watson
Don't agree. Think his and Nagy's relationship would be more important than Pace. Wanting to play with other Stars could be really important. Sounds like Nagy loved him coming out to 2017 draft. If Watson can see himself in Nagy's system making everyone else better and scoring a lot of points I think we could be a strong pitch. Jets are in a complete rebuild. I think Mimai keeps Tua and their picks. Carolina is not a big City. Is Watson a City guy? He could be HUGE in Chicago. Bigger than Ditka and Payton combine if he came and helped win us a Super Bow. Maybe I'm too prejudice toward the Bears I've watched for 50+ years and not seen a really good passing attach.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I don't think Watson's agent is going to act like a scorned high school girl. At the end of the day, it's up to Watson. Is he going to act like a bitter teenager because Pace selected the wrong guy? Or is he going to go to the best situation for him present day? That's not to say the Bears ARE the best destination, but they certainly have some selling points and are in the running. I know personally, I wouldn't give a shit about what happened 4 years ago. I would be evaluating the best present day options for winning.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Don't agree. Think his and Nagy's relationship would be more important than Pace. Wanting to play with other Stars could be really important. Sounds like Nagy loved him coming out to 2017 draft. If Watson can see himself in Nagy's system making everyone else better and scoring a lot of points I think we could be a strong pitch. Jets are in a complete rebuild. I think Mimai keeps Tua and their picks. Carolina is not a big City. Is Watson a City guy? He could be HUGE in Chicago. Bigger than Ditka and Payton combine if he came and helped win us a Super Bow. Maybe I'm too prejudice toward the Bears I've watched for 50+ years and not seen a really good passing attach.

Yep, Watson could become a walking Pope in Chicago. The bar is set so low at that position to begin with. All he would have to do is least split with the Packers in the regular season and show up in a playoff game.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Y'all gonna be pissed when pacey boy trades for Jacoby Brissett
Especially when he doesn’t have a team to trade from

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My Hope:
Bears trade 2021 + 2022 + 2023 first round picks. Plus FS Jackson + 2022 2nd round pick for QB Watson. Cut Graham. Trade Hicks, Re-sign Fuller to lower his cap number and tag Robinson. It's a lot but trade under performing Jackson and picks for the best QB we have every seen in a Bears uniform. The key would be Nagy and the vets convincing Watson Chicago is the best place for him going forward. Saves Pace and Nagy's jobs. Brings the Bears a Super Bowl. Maybe I'm just drinking too much.
With his no trade clause Watson will pick his next team before the draft. Would expect it to happen like the Mack trade. Quiet and then BAM.
I’m all in on bringing Watson to Chicago but:

How is Pace going to build a team around him?
You are bringing him to a team that has a worse offensive line.
You want to cut the best tight end on the team.
Allen and Mooney are your WR’s then it falls off big time.
Monty needs a back up.
The defense needs depth.