Way outside the box OC ideas?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@Mighty Joe Young brought this up in another thread and thought it was worth its own thread.

What do you guys think 🤔 about Bears pursuing a fired defensive minded HC to replace Getsy?

Screenshot_20231206_075714_Chrome.jpg

Here's the thing, guys like Ron Rivera know defense like the back of their hands. They have respect around the league for it. As a master of defense, knowing how to take away what an offense is trying to do, why not apply that in reverse and see what a defense does, and design offense that can beat it?

I sorta like this idea even though it came from a guy who usually doesn't know what he's talking about.

So in short, maybe Bears should look at Bill belichik or Rivera getting fired, and see how they'd feel about running the other side of the ball as a way to regain their footing as HC candidates after a year or two?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who knows offense better than a coach that has DEVOTED HIS LIFE to attacking offenses? I'LL WAIT.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Mighty Joe Young brought this up in another thread and thought it was worth its own thread.

What do you guys think 🤔 about Bears pursuing a fired defensive minded HC to replace Getsy?

View attachment 32770

Here's the thing, guys like Ron Rivera know defense like the back of their hands. They have respect around the league for it. As a master of defense, knowing how to take away what an offense is trying to do, why not apply that in reverse and see what a defense does, and design offense that can beat it?

I sorta like this idea even though it came from a guy who usually doesn't know what he's talking about.

So in short, maybe Bears should look at Bill belichik or Rivera getting fired, and see how they'd feel about running the other side of the ball as a way to regain their footing as HC candidates after a year or two?

Wow whoever he saw this on Twitter from is a freaking genius!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
🚨 Big news alert! 🚨 Hold onto your hats because the winds of change are blowing through Soldier Field. Ron Rivera, the seasoned head coach with an impressive track record, has been shown the door as the top dog. But before you start sharpening your pitchforks, hear me out on the jaw-dropping twist awaiting us.

First things first, yes, Rivera may no longer be steering the ship, but picture this: him donning the navy and orange once again, not as the head honcho, but as the mastermind behind our offensive playbook. I know, I know—sounds insane, right? But here me out.

Rivera's defensive prowess is undeniable, and his strategic mind has left an indelible mark on the teams he's coached. But let's face it, our offense has been struggling. Now, imagine Rivera switching gears and using that football IQ to orchestrate a Bears offensive juggernaut.

Remember the "Riverboat Ron" days? The aggressive play-calling, the unpredictability—now envision all that energy injected into our offense. It's like getting a shot of adrenaline straight to the playbook. Plus, Rivera knows how to motivate players, and with him at the offensive helm, our guys might just start setting the field on fire.

I get it. This might seem like a wild idea at first. But consider the potential benefits. Rivera's fresh perspective, combined with his proven leadership, could be the secret sauce our offense needs. And let's not forget, he's got a Super Bowl appearance under his belt—experience that could be invaluable in guiding our team to new heights.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
🚨 Big news alert! 🚨 Hold onto your hats because the winds of change are blowing through Soldier Field. Ron Rivera, the seasoned head coach with an impressive track record, has been shown the door as the top dog. But before you start sharpening your pitchforks, hear me out on the jaw-dropping twist awaiting us.

First things first, yes, Rivera may no longer be steering the ship, but picture this: him donning the navy and orange once again, not as the head honcho, but as the mastermind behind our offensive playbook. I know, I know—sounds insane, right? But here me out.

Rivera's defensive prowess is undeniable, and his strategic mind has left an indelible mark on the teams he's coached. But let's face it, our offense has been struggling. Now, imagine Rivera switching gears and using that football IQ to orchestrate a Bears offensive juggernaut.

Remember the "Riverboat Ron" days? The aggressive play-calling, the unpredictability—now envision all that energy injected into our offense. It's like getting a shot of adrenaline straight to the playbook. Plus, Rivera knows how to motivate players, and with him at the offensive helm, our guys might just start setting the field on fire.

I get it. This might seem like a wild idea at first. But consider the potential benefits. Rivera's fresh perspective, combined with his proven leadership, could be the secret sauce our offense needs. And let's not forget, he's got a Super Bowl appearance under his belt—experience that could be invaluable in guiding our team to new heights.
Bears would be crazy NOT to do this.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lou Penella is a near HOFer, knows his way around Chicago and available...thoughts?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

@Mighty Joe Young thoughts?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The McCaskeys would like to reinstate the rotting corpse of George Halas….he'd come cheap…