Way too Early Mock Draft and with some off season

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Way too Early Mock Draft and with some off season. I'm not good at the contract details, so let's just say that Poles signs them to market rates. Also, all draft value and position is from the consensus mock draft big board.

FA:

Sign Chase Young. We get him anyway.

Sign Christian Wilkins DT.

Yup. DLs that can cause havoc.

Sign Jeremy Reaves S. He’s a known quantity from his time on the Eagles. He’s young, hungry for a new deal, and coming off IR. He will be happy to take a one-year deal to make big money and compete with a top draft pick. See more below.

Sign a C — Tyler Biadasz — I wanted him in that draft, and now we finally get badass. Yes.

Pay Cairos Santos and his buddy Patrick Scales. They’ve earned their money.

Pay Money Mooney a contract parallel to his performance. He gets more guaranteed.

Franchise tag JJ. Let him whine. If he wants to get paid, he best show out, or he’ll be out.

Cut EJax, because over 12 million reasons say it’s a good idea.

Cut Whitehair, as he’s already gone. Wasn’t he benched?

Draft:

1.1 As long as Arizona doesn’t end up picking second, trade back to 1.3 with NE. Receive a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st in 25. We don’t get a player, as we get draft picks. A haul.

1701197172795.png

Take MHJ. Laugh at all ‘em mofos that talked about us drafting Caleb Williams. Keep laughing as MHJ smokes the league.

1.5 trade back to 9 with The Chargers. They happily grab Chop Robinson. We pick up a 2nd, a 4th, and next year’s 2nd. The Chargers fall in love with Chop and his potential during the underwear Olympics and goes all in replacing Mack who is on his last year of his contract in ‘24. Their fan base loses their minds, because they thought they moved up for Alt or Nabers.

1701197190191.png

1.9 Draft Malik Nabers, WR LSU — Poles has shown he’ll throw punches in bunches. We don’t know what Mooney’s going to do. We don’t really know what is going on with speedy Tyler Scott and his hands. DJ Moore has one more year left on his deal. People talk about the QB rookie salary cap. DJ Moore is bringing in over 20 mil a year. Getting two dangerous weapons on a rookie salary cap while ensuring that the offense’s potential skyrockets is a coup. Nabers would be dangerous as a WR that virtually never sees a double team and can soak up the targets that will be there as teams try and cover MHJ and DJ MF Moore. Teams hate the Bears for this.

Oh shit! It’s a trade up! Poles swaps a 2nd and 4th he just picked up and get their 5th and 1st.

1701197207297.png

(Courtesy of Pick Value Calculator)

1701197232077.png

1.28 draft Cooper Dejuan, DB Iowa — we jump right in front of KC. We give up our pick from the Patriots and a fourth. We pick up a Fifth, probably 167 overall. He falls because of his mysterious phantom lower leg injury. By signing a stop gap S to replace Action Jackson, whose salary is way too high, we get his heir as a multi-dimensional D piece that would be the perfect pick. We have signed a starting caliber S at a bargain price rate, so we can bring in Copper DeJuan along as he needs to be. If he can start at S from jump, all the better.

1701197268046.png

2.14 Jackson Powers-Johnson, C Oregon — potentially the highest upside as a C, but lacks starting and playing experience. He doesn’t have to start, because we signed Biadasz, but if we wins the job, he will. He may be the future at C, making Biadasz’s short FA deal a bargain.

1701197292784.png

3.04 (68) Maason Smith, DL LSU – Big Poles likes his fallen five-star athletic freaks. Stars don’t fall like Smith. He’s the type of dude you gamble on.

1701197319714.png

4.03 (103) James Williams, S Miami – this is a mean motherfucker who is big and can hit. I’ve had people get angry when I bring him up and call him a dirty player. He’s what you’d expect from Miami, and Big Poles already shows he’ll draft from there. He moves like a much smaller man playing safety. It’s incredible how he can move at his size. Holy shit. Big Poles doubles down on Safety, finding a dude that can spell Brisker, maybe be able to actually play FS, and be a defensive chess piece.

1701197356239.png

4.04 (132) Kiran Amegadjie, OL Yale – Big Poles keeps up his trend of drafting OL late by drafting this prospect who grew into an NFL frame. He is from Illinois. He plays like a man among boys, and is the kind of prospect that will pay off in a few years down the road.

1701197383046.png

5.04 (141) Ben Sinnot, TE Kansas State — a versatile blocker and TE like the FBs in SF and Miami who allowed for us to skip on Bowers. Watch him play. He blocks, catches, and is a scrappy hustler. He will be a low key weapon in this offense that is a moving piece that other teams’ D won’t be able to account for and will overlook. He becomes a team captain and fixture at UTE.

1701197401317.png

5.28 (167) Ray Davis, RB Kentucky – This kid gets no love. He’s a hard runner. He’ll explode through gaps. He’s tough. Drafting a Running Back every year becomes a Big Poles staple. With no guarantee Big Poles is going to pay Foreman and him probably being gone next year, Davis could be the dude that gets the hard yards and grinds down a team.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Change Nabors to Verse or Latu. Maybe?
I’m not sure I like Verse more than Chop Robinson’s raw speed and athleticism. I do like him, but I’m not sure he’s a top ten pick. Latu, I really want to like.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
MHJ, Nabers, AND Mooney is overkill but there is the seed of a very good idea here.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Way too Early Mock Draft and with some off season. I'm not good at the contract details, so let's just say that Poles signs them to market rates. Also, all draft value and position is from the consensus mock draft big board.

FA:

Sign Jeremy Reaves S. He’s a known quantity from his time on the Eagles. He’s young, hungry for a new deal, and coming off IR. He will be happy to take a one-year deal to make big money and compete with a top draft pick. See more below.

Sign a C — Tyler Biadasz — I wanted him in that draft, and now we finally get badass. Yes.

Pay Money Mooney a contract parallel to his performance. He gets more guaranteed.

Franchise tag JJ. Let him whine. If he wants to get paid, he best show out, or he’ll be out.

Draft:

1.1 As long as Arizona doesn’t end up picking second, trade back to 1.3 with NE. Receive a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st in 25. We don’t get a player, as we get draft picks. A haul.

View attachment 32592

Take MHJ. Laugh at all ‘em mofos that talked about us drafting Caleb Williams. Keep laughing as MHJ smokes the league.

1.5 trade back to 9 with The Chargers. They happily grab Chop Robinson. We pick up a 2nd, a 4th, and next year’s 2nd. The Chargers fall in love with Chop and his potential during the underwear Olympics and goes all in replacing Mack who is on his last year of his contract in ‘24. Their fan base loses their minds, because they thought they moved up for Alt or Nabers.

View attachment 32593

1.9 Draft Malik Nabers, WR LSU — Poles has shown he’ll throw punches in bunches. We don’t know what Mooney’s going to do. We don’t really know what is going on with speedy Tyler Scott and his hands. DJ Moore has one more year left on his deal. People talk about the QB rookie salary cap. DJ Moore is bringing in over 20 mil a year. Getting two dangerous weapons on a rookie salary cap while ensuring that the offense’s potential skyrockets is a coup. Nabers would be dangerous as a WR that virtually never sees a double team and can soak up the targets that will be there as teams try and cover MHJ and DJ MF Moore. Teams hate the Bears for this.

Oh shit! It’s a trade up! Poles swaps a 2nd and 4th he just picked up and get their 5th and 1st.

View attachment 32594

View attachment 32595

1.28 draft Cooper Dejuan, DB Iowa — we jump right in front of KC. We give up our pick from the Patriots and a fourth. We pick up a Fifth, probably 167 overall. He falls because of his mysterious phantom lower leg injury. By signing a stop gap S to replace Action Jackson, whose salary is way too high, we get his heir as a multi-dimensional D piece that would be the perfect pick. We have signed a starting caliber S at a bargain price rate, so we can bring in Copper DeJuan along as he needs to be. If he can start at S from jump, all the better.
you want to sign young to a market deal when he has a degenerative knee condition? i'd rather have hunter but anyway...also why would you go and sign wilkins when poles just drafted dexter and pickens and resigned bilings. as for the draft poles is not taking two WR's in the top 10...If MHJ is picked then the other will be a trade down and an edge or safety.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Give me Marvin Harrison Jr and Sedrick Van Pran out of this draft and I will be a very happy man.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I remember an idea like this…

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I love the mock draft but instead of 2nd wr with the 2nd 1st round pick let's take a left tackle
I really don’t like Fashanu enough. Also, he may go #4 to Washington. He’s the only real LT in the top 5 OL. I think the kid from Yale and the best C in the draft is fine.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
We're a running team, and exploiting Fields' rushing ability is the best way to maximize him. Making one of Harrison Jr, Nabers or Moore a 3rd WR on a running team is a gross misallocation of resources.

If you wanted to drastically upgrade Fields' weapons while continuing to play to his strengths, take Bowers instead of Nabers. Harrison Jr./Moore on the outsides with Kmet in-line and Bowers the move; now that's some scary shit for defenses cause Bowers can block really well and beat you as a big-slot receiver. Add a capable center to that and you're cooking with gas.

With that, Kmet's deal expires when Bowers is up for his 5th year option, and you could probably re-sign Moore to a deal that allows you to cut him when Harrison Jr. is up for his 5th year/extension. Harrison Jr./Bowers basically sets up your receiving weapons for whoever is playing QB for the next 10 years, which is why I'm in favor of trading down for picks next year and maybe taking a shot at QB then. Or hell, grab one of the other prospects in the late first if you can trade back up there and let Penix/Nix/Daniels sit behind Fields for a year. It's not like Fields hasn't given the backups a chance to play a bit anyway.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm torn between a QB + MHJ/Nabers/Odunze in the first, or keeping Fields, drafting MHJ, and trading back to accrue more picks. This team still needs talent all over the place, especially on the defensive line. But I guess it depends on what happens in free agency again. And how the evaluations of Fields and Braxton Jones go.

But definitely not 2 WRs in the top 10. Lol. That would be fun to do if this team was stacked with talent, but it's not. It clearly has more talent than it had last season, but there are still glaring needs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
We're a running team, and exploiting Fields' rushing ability is the best way to maximize him. Making one of Harrison Jr, Nabers or Moore a 3rd WR on a running team is a gross misallocation of resources.

If you wanted to drastically upgrade Fields' weapons while continuing to play to his strengths, take Bowers instead of Nabers. Harrison Jr./Moore on the outsides with Kmet in-line and Bowers the move; now that's some scary shit for defenses cause Bowers can block really well and beat you as a big-slot receiver. Add a capable center to that and you're cooking with gas.

With that, Kmet's deal expires when Bowers is up for his 5th year option, and you could probably re-sign Moore to a deal that allows you to cut him when Harrison Jr. is up for his 5th year/extension. Harrison Jr./Bowers basically sets up your receiving weapons for whoever is playing QB for the next 10 years, which is why I'm in favor of trading down for picks next year and maybe taking a shot at QB then. Or hell, grab one of the other prospects in the late first if you can trade back up there and let Penix/Nix/Daniels sit behind Fields for a year. It's not like Fields hasn't given the backups a chance to play a bit anyway.
I’m a huge supporter of Fields, but I’d love to see a QB in the pipe like Daniels, Nix, or Penix.

I definitely want a stud center and I’d be happy with either Bowers or Nabers after MHJ.

Weapons, weapons, weapons!

I hope they make a play for Burns, Hunter, or Josh Allen at edge in FA if any of them make it there. Put a young guy in the pipe too.

DB012031

Liked Posts:

FA:

Draft:

View attachment 32592

View attachment 32593

View attachment 32594

View attachment 32595

View attachment 32596

2.14 Jackson Powers-Johnson, C Oregon — potentially the highest upside as a C, but lacks starting and playing experience. He doesn’t have to start, because we signed Biadasz, but if we wins the job, he will. He may be the future at C, making Biadasz’s short FA deal a bargain.

View attachment 32597

3.04 (68) Maason Smith, DL LSU – Big Poles likes his fallen five-star athletic freaks. Stars don’t fall like Smith. He’s the type of dude you gamble on.

View attachment 32598

4.03 (103) James Williams, S Miami – this is a mean motherfucker who is big and can hit. I’ve had people get angry when I bring him up and call him a dirty player. He’s what you’d expect from Miami, and Big Poles already shows he’ll draft from there. He moves like a much smaller man playing safety. It’s incredible how he can move at his size. Holy shit. Big Poles doubles down on Safety, finding a dude that can spell Brisker, maybe be able to actually play FS, and be a defensive chess piece.

View attachment 32599

4.04 (132) Kiran Amegadjie, OL Yale – Big Poles keeps up his trend of drafting OL late by drafting this prospect who grew into an NFL frame. He is from Illinois. He plays like a man among boys, and is the kind of prospect that will pay off in a few years down the road.

View attachment 32600

5.04 (141) Ben Sinnot, TE Kansas State — a versatile blocker and TE like the FBs in SF and Miami who allowed for us to skip on Bowers. Watch him play. He blocks, catches, and is a scrappy hustler. He will be a low key weapon in this offense that is a moving piece that other teams’ D won’t be able to account for and will overlook. He becomes a team captain and fixture at UTE.

View attachment 32601

5.28 (167) Ray Davis, RB Kentucky – This kid gets no love. He’s a hard runner. He’ll explode through gaps. He’s tough. Drafting a Running Back every year becomes a Big Poles staple. With no guarantee Big Poles is going to pay Foreman and him probably being gone next year, Davis could be the dude that gets the hard yards and grinds down a team.

New England is NOT giving up an additional 1st round pick in 25 to move from 3 to 1 in this years draft. If they did trade from 3 to 1, getting a 2nd and 4th for 24 and a 2nd or 3rd for 25 is reasonable but they aren't giving up that #1 in 25 as well. Too much to move up for a QB class that has really lost its luster

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
New England is NOT giving up an additional 1st round pick in 25 to move from 3 to 1 in this years draft. If they did trade from 3 to 1, getting a 2nd and 4th for 24 and a 2nd or 3rd for 25 is reasonable but they aren't giving up that #1 in 25 as well. Too much to move up for a QB class that has really lost its luster
The qb class has only lost its luster to clueless fans.