WR Cameron Meredith to 1 year 3 million
RB Benny Cunningham to 1 year 1 million
LB Lamarr Houston 2 years 8 million/4 guaranteed
LB Christian Jones 2 years 6.5 million/4 guaranteed
DE Mitch Unrein 2 years 4 million/2 guaranteed
QB Mark Sanchez to 1 year 1 million
TE Daniel Brown to 900k

Bears sign OLB Demarcus Lawrence to 4 years 50 million/26 guaranteed

If Lawrence doesn't get the franchise tag the Chicago Bears would be an ideal place for him and he could help a lot being one of the elite pass rushers in the NFL.

usa_today_10308912.0.jpg

Bears sign WR Albert Wilson to 4 years 20 million/10 guaranteed

Albert Wilson has been thriving in Kansas City for a while now in the Nagy & Reid system. Bears are going to need all the help they can get on offense in 2018 he would also be a help the other receivers with the system.

usa-today-8260129.0.jpg

Bears sign K Dustin Hopkins to 3 years 12 million

The kicker position has been embarrassing for the last two seasons since getting rid of Robbie Gould and for some reason keeping Connor Barth for two seasons. Pace needs to redeem himself this season and take a serious looks at the kickers in this free agency.

dustin_hopkins.jpg

Draft

1[8] OT Orlando Brown [Oklahoma] 6'8 360lbs

1/6/18: Brown is a strong blocker at the point of attack, which is illustrated by him consistently tossing defenders to the ground. In pass protection, Brown has some athletic issues, like playing too high for the NFL, so speed rushers give him problems. Some team sources feel Brown should move inside to guard as a pro, but others believe that he will be a starting right tackle. Multiple team contacts think that Brown will be a second-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft and project him as a starting right tackle.

Brown has drawn comparisons to D.J. Fluker coming out of Alabama, who was a high first-rounder but was a bust for the Chargers. Sources have said that Brown plays up or down to competition, and that could be seen with an excellent game against Ohio State but an ugly one versus Iowa State. Brown was not consistently dominant in the ground game even though he should have gotten the better of the collegiate linemen he was facing.

9/1/17: Brown has been a starting left tackle for Oklahoma, but for the NFL, he is more of a right tackle competitor. Brown was a tough run blocker for the Sooners in 2016, opening a lot of holes for their talented tandem of running backs. He spent 2015 and 2016 at left tackle, but he's too tall for that spot in the NFL. Brown could be a good right tackle candidate in his draft class.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OT.php#ixzz54P7IrKlU

shawn-oakman-orlando-brown-7f0af95a59bea7ed.jpg

2[39] WR Christian Kirk [Texas A&M] 5'11 200lbs

James Washington or Equanimeous St. Brown if Kirk is gone but Kirk is my favorite.

1/13/18: Kirk made 71 catches for 919 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2017. He also produced some big kick and punt returns. Versus Arkansas, Kirk carried Texas A&M to a win with five catches for 110 yards with two touchdowns and a kickoff returned for a touchdown.

Kirk saw a lot of double coverage his direction in 2017, plus quarterback Kelly Mond struggled to get Kirk the ball. As a result, some teams are down on Kirk. A few teams said they had him graded as a 2/3 - a second- to third-rounder. One team said they had him as late in the first round, but another said Round 3. Kirk is a fast play-maker who really competes and has special potential for the NFL.

7/17/17: Kirk played well in 2016 despite inconsistent quarterback play from the Aggies. He had 83 receptions for 928 yards with nine touchdowns while splitting targets with wideouts like Josh Reynolds and Ricky Seals-Jones.

Kirk had an outstanding freshman debut for Texas A&M and earned playing time over more veteran receivers who had previous produced for the Aggies. In 2015, Kirk caught 80 passes for 1,009 yards with seven touchdowns. He averaged only 19.3 yards per kick return, but averaged 24.4 yards per punt returns with two touchdowns. Kirk is a fast, explosive play-maker. Some scouting sources have said there nickname for Kirk is "Baby Beckham" in reference to Odell Beckham Jr.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#ixzz54P8f4gUo

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#sQ6UCGo8FOECUpej.99

0090884-eqgm-1280x720.jpg

4. Center Frank Ragnow [Arkansas] 6'5 317lbs

1/6/18: Ragnow played well for Arkansas before a high ankle sprain ended his season early. The injury required surgery, and Ragnow is not expected to be ready to participate for the Senior Bowl. He has been invited to play in Mobile, but after missing the last five games, Ragnow may not be healthy enough to perform.

7/17/17: Ragnow could be in the running to be one of the top center prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft. Over the past two seasons, he hasn't allowed a single sack while taking on excellent competition. As one can expect coming from Arkansas, Ragnow is also a tough run blocker. He is a technician who enters his senior year having made 26 straight starts. As a sophomore, Ragnow was the Razorbacks starter at right guard. He has the size to be a guard or center in the NFL.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php#ixzz547rgHtB8

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php#T2hRfwxDdTV0w84C.99

Frank-Ragnow.jpg

4. WR Deontay Burnett [USC] 6'0 170lbs

12/29/17: Burnett has totaled 74 receptions for 975 yards and nine touchdowns in 2017. He doesn't have great size, but he is a quick receiver who is a quality route-runner.

7/17/17: Burnett flashed as the No. 2 receiver for the Trojans in 2016, catching 56 passes for 622 yards with seven touchdowns. With JuJu Smith-Schuster in the NFL, Burnett could be the No. 1 receiver for USC in 2017. With a tremendous quarterback in Sam Darnold, Burnett could be poised for a big season.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#ixzz53yEQ1cd2

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018W...Xf8eq1LjBWw.99

0102_spo_ldn-l-rosebowl-per_-21__23081777.jpg

5. CB Kevin Toliver II [LSU] 6'2 193lbs

1/6/17: Toliver recorded 28 tackles with 10 passes broken up and an interception in 2017. In speaking with scouts at multiple teams, Toliver is a bit of a love/hate prospect. Some sources are very down on him as they say he has first-round talent, but that he doesn't play up it or work to maximize his ability. Toliver gives up too much separation on a consistent basis. They are critical over his lack of instincts as well. Others like him and feel that he was played out of position. They say that he is a press-man corner and that LSU put him in off-man coverage way too much.

Toliver was held out for Week 1, but LSU wouldn't clarify if it was because of suspension or injury. It sounds like it is more likely to be the former. With how Toliver played in 2017, he is likely to be a second-day pick or a mid-rounder rather than a Round 1 choice.

9/1/17: Toliver impressed as a freshman and sophomore. Considering the amount of talent the Tigers' secondary has produced, it is a serious statement that he played immediately at LSU. In 2015, Toliver had 35 tackles with five breakups and an interception. As a sophomore, he totaled 21 tackles with one breakup across seven games.

The 6-foot-2, 193-pounder is a big corner who can run. Team sources have said Toliver has a first-round skill set.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018CB.php#ixzz547t3Snjl

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018CB.php#DxcS8AAiYQMHPpQC.99

Kevin-Toliver-Sam-Spiegelman_bpv1vk.jpg

6. OLB Folorunso Fatukasi [Connecticut] 6'4 303lbs

1/13/18: Fatukasi notched 45 tackles, 7.5 for a loss and four sacks in 2017.

9/1/17: Fatukasi had a quality junior year for the Huskies as he notched 43 tackles with 2.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks and a blocked kick. If Fatukasi can improve his pass rush as a senior, he could rise.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018DE3-4.php#ixzz547zDmYMF

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018DE3-4.php#gj2It03Era0BtLEd.99

920x920.jpg

7. ILB Nyles Morgan [Notre Dame] 6'1" 245lbs

1/13/18: Morgan played well in 2017, recording 92 tackles with 1.5 sacks, seven tackles for a loss, one pass broken up, and a forced fumble. Sources have said they see Morgan as a late-round choice in the 2018 NFL Draft or a priority free agent.

9/1/17: The Notre Dame defense really struggled in 2016, but Morgan was one of the few defenders who was pretty steady for the Fighting Irish. He totaled 93 tackles with six for a loss, four sacks and three passes broken up.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php#ixzz547wBL8FT

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php#KOZzOiCR5CP7z53U.99

nyles-morgan-2016.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Mitchell Trubisky, Mark Sanchez
RB: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Benny Cunningham
TE: Adam Shaheen, Daniel Brown
RWR: Christian Kirk
LWR: Cameron Meredith, Deontay Burnett
SWR: Albert Wilson
LT: Charles Leno
LG: Josh Sitton, Frank Ragnow
C: Cody Whitehair, Kush
LG: Kyle Long, Morgan
RT: Orlando Brown

RE: Bullard, RRH
NT: Eddie Goldman, Jenkins
LE: Akiem Hicks, Mitch Unrein
OLB: Leonard Floyd, Lamarr Houston, Folorunso Fatukasi
ILB: Nick Kwiatkoski, Christian Jones
ILB: Danny Trevathan, Timu, Nyles Morgan
OLB: Demarcus Lawrence, Sam Acho
CB: Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukumara, Cre'Von LeBlanc, Kevin Toliver II Bryce Callahan
FS: Eddie Jackson, Demps
SS: Adrian Amos, Deon Bush

K: Dustin Hopkins
P: Pat O'Donnell

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The Cowboys have 20 mil in cap space before any cuts and they cant afford to beat your 12.5 mil per year for Demarcus Lawrence?

And then you copy/past Walterfootball, who's an idiot?

Lol this is your pièce de résistance to date.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks good at first glance... or second glance?

I swear I've seen this before.

Love the idea of a successful Albert Wilson coming in knowing the Offense & Nagy already. Keeping Sanchez is not a bad call either.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are we getting rid of Wright.. there is just so much wrong with this! This WR group is shit!! If this is the wr core we start the season with then Pace needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Cowboys have 20 mil in cap space before any cuts and they cant afford to beat your 12.5 mil per year for Demarcus Lawrence?

And then you copy/past Walterfootball, who's an idiot?

Lol this is your pièce de résistance to date.

If Demarcus Lawrence doesn't want to stay with the Dallas Cowboys he doesn't have to stay with them I have no idea of his intentions but unless he is getting the franchise tag he should test FA.

Who's an idiot? I'm confused.

Why are we picking 15th?

Sorry, we are picking 8.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Fucking resign...

Re-Sign ffs

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why are we getting rid of Wright.. there is just so much wrong with this! This WR group is shit!! If this is the wr core we start the season with then Pace needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why in all that is holy would you want to keep Kendall Wright after his horrible season?

Going with a rookie and Cameron Meredith is our best option. I don't see any receivers other than Wilson signing in FA Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, and anyone worth while will probably be returning to there team.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If Demarcus Lawrence doesn't want to stay with the Dallas Cowboys he doesn't have to stay with them I have no idea of his intentions but unless he is getting the franchise tag he should test FA.

Who's an idiot? I'm confused.

Sorry, we are picking 8.

I don't understand your logic at all. So they cant franchise tag him for 16 million? How about beating the bears' 12.5 mil offer you propose? Why cant Dallas sign him to 4 years, 52 million? He's widely known as their top priority, they're highly determined to keep him and that's well reported, and it makes zero sense that Dallas with comfortable cap room (or as someone stated on another thread, backload his contract because they have significantly more cap space in 2019 and beyond) to just let their best pass rusher walk.

If you're the Dallas Cowboys, why are you letting your best pass rusher walk? And no offense, lets buy the premise they somehow DO let him walk. You don't think there are 30 other teams besides the bears (with more money to spend) that could use a talented young pass rusher?

And you're the idiot.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't understand your logic at all. So they cant franchise tag him for 16 million? How about beating the bears' 12.5 mil offer you propose? Why cant Dallas sign him to 4 years, 52 million? He's widely known as their top priority, they're highly determined to keep him and that's well reported, and it makes zero sense that Dallas with comfortable cap room (or as someone stated on another thread, backload his contract because they have significantly more cap space in 2019 and beyond) to just let their best pass rusher walk.

If you're the Dallas Cowboys, why are you letting your best pass rusher walk? And no offense, lets buy the premise they somehow DO let him walk. You don't think there are 30 other teams besides the bears (with more money to spend) that could use a talented young pass rusher?

And you're the idiot.

You take the internet way to serious and should understand this is a message board full of Bears fans so of course I'm going to want the best players in Chicago.

Lawerence is a high risk signing with his injuries he's only completed one full season Cowboys will have to make cuts to keep him I assume Jason Witton, Dez Bryant and others. Cowboys can always franchise tag him.

Why? off field issues, PED use, constantly injured. Why say no offense and proceed call me an idiot? It's possible a nother team signs him but why is it bad that I root for the Bears?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love how this mock is titled WayToEarly but you've been doing mocks for the last 2 months...lol

Why don't we just re-sign C.Santos since we already had him playing with us and he comes from the Chiefs where Nagy came from?

I would love to get D.Lawrence but starting to think we should just grab a couple of the tier 2 type OLB's like A.Okafor, A.Lynch and J.Attoachu since i don't think we'll get Lawrence or E.Ansah who are the top two that will be out there in free agency. Not sure i would want Ansah anyway.

I don't think C.Kirk will make it to our 2nd round pick but would love to get Anthony Miller if Kirk isn't there and definitely think we're gonna sign a bigger name at WR then A.Wilson. or at least hope we will. I have A.Robinson at the top of my list but he's gonna be tough for us to get and if not him then J.Landry (at the right price) or P.Richardson, M.Lee or John/Jaron Brown. John Brown scares me cause he gets hurt a lot but if he could stay healthy he'd be that perfect speedy WR that they have in KC.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why in all that is holy would you want to keep Kendall Wright after his horrible season?

Going with a rookie and Cameron Meredith is our best option. I don't see any receivers other than Wilson signing in FA Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, and anyone worth while will probably be returning to there team.

Because he is by far the best WR we had last year, and he also has chemistry with Mitch. Of Corse his stats are going to be SHIT because when you ignore the passing game until 3rd down everyone's stats will look like shit.

Wright Catch% last season was 64.8%that is 24th in the leagues out of the WR with at least 50 targets. Which is pretty damn good on a team with a totally inept passing game.

His stats with horrible play calling are actually comparable to :

NAME---------Catch%--Yards/Reception--Yards
Mohamed Sanu -- 69.8% -- 10.49 -- 703 Yards
Albert Wilson -- 67.7% -- 13.19 -- 554 Yards
Eric Decker -- 65.1% --- 10.43 -- 563 yards
Nelson Agholor -- 65.1% --- 12.3 -- 768 Yards
Kendell Wright -- 64.8% --- 10.41 -- 614 yards
DeVante Parker -- 59.4% -- 11.75 -- 670 Yards
Michael Crabtree -- 57.4% -- 10.66 -- 618 Yards

It would be logical to assume with better coaching, better play calling, and Trubisky in his 2nd year Wrights stats would progress. Plus Wrights Base salary last year was 1.25 Mil with a total contract of 2 Mil ... And with a ton of free cap why cut the best WR we have?

I really like Christen Kirk, but he is a rookie and to bank on him being an instant impact is foolish. I hope Cam Meredith comes back and is as productive as he was in 2016, but he is a big question mark. I am not trying to say Wright will ever be a star player, but he can run routes and catch.. He is at least an average NFL WR and is cheap. At his price you need to keep him until you have a proven WR to replace him.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Considering WR position, this is the only outcome that would make me optimistic for 2018 season (my preferred options are in bold):

- sign one bigger name FA (Landry, Robinson or Richardson)
- re-sign RFA Meredith
- sign/re-sign one slot FA, Wright, Inman or Wilson
- draft a wideout with one of first 2 picks (Ridley, Kirk or Miller)

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering WR position, this is the only outcome that would make me optimistic for 2018 season (my preferred options are in bold):

- re-sign RFA Meredith

I would like to bring back Inman as well, he is cheap you probably get him and Wright for >5MIL combined. Paul Richardson is a good homerun threat and could be solid #2 according to Spotrac his market value is 4 years 26 MIL average 6.4MIL so I think Pace could get him with a 4 year 30MIL @ 7 MIL per year offer. I don't think Ridley or Kirk will be there at #39 I think the combine is going to make Kirk a 1st round guy. So is it better to trade up into the bottom of the second or just take Ridley at #8?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

- re-sign RFA Meredith
Deontay Burnett in the later rounds would be great i wouldn't mind Kirk if we trade back and pick up a 2nd round pick.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deontay Burnett in the later rounds would be great i wouldn't mind Kirk if we trade back and pick up a 2nd round pick.

Is it more realistic to trade back or trade back into the first to get Kirk? serious question.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
If this was a serious post, you need to stop posting new threads and learn about football.