WCF - 6/1 Game 1: Kings (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 4:00PM NBCS

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="198317" data-time="1370189754">
<div>

Mike Richards says it was a clean hit</p>

</p>

Variable and Stu says it was dirty</p>

</p>

</p>

guess it was dirty. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I never said it was dirty.  I said the league may look at it and I bet Bolland wouldn't be suspended.  I was the first to comment on it in this thread.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="198210" data-time="1370131507">

Wouldn't be surprised if Bolland got a call from the league... doubt he'll be suspended but I bet that hit will be reviewed.</p>
<div> </div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="198305" data-time="1370187906">
<div>

Definitely launched himself.<span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

carry on</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="198320" data-time="1370190427">
<div>

carry on</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Where did I say it was dirty?  I said I wouldn't be surprised if the league called him up like they have to other players for similar hits.</p>

</p>

He did launch himself BUT his skates were still on the ice when the hit was initiated.</p>

</p>

Can you read?</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="198321" data-time="1370191120">
<div>

Where did I say it was dirty?  I said I wouldn't be surprised if the league called him up like they have to other players for similar hits.</p>

</p>

He did launch himself BUT his skates were still on the ice when the hit was initiated.</p>

</p>

Can you read?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

how do you launch yourself if your skates are still on the ice?</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="198322" data-time="1370191196">
<div>

how do you launch yourself if your skates are still on the ice?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Stu physics, duh.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I don't see anything wrong with Bollands hit. That's the type of hit that can affect a series.</p>

</p>

I thought Crawford had a really solid game, but the giveaway was a bad play. Oduya did a nice job jumping in on the first goal and had a good game overall. Sharp keeps on getting clues... he might figure out that it was the Blackhawks, at the United Center, killing the Bruins/Pens with the Stanley Cup.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198283" data-time="1370183899">
<div>

This fucking guy....

You call any possible hit that's boarder line - a suspension. But you're the 'objective' one.

As far as Cooke's. sorry STU but I don't think that a suspension either. I question the game misconduct as well. McQuaid looks right at Cooke before getting to the puck...then proceeds to put himself in that position instead of turning to protect himself

The player with the puck/getting to the puck must not put himself that vulnerable, simply to try to draw a penalty. But what's being taught/tried to do is draw a penalty, stay down like you're hurt to get more...instead of not putting yourself in bad areas/pretext yourself - which is taught as soon as you begin to learn to hit/be hit</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

If you don't copy his posts some of us will not have to see them.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="198282" data-time="1370183471">
<div>

Torres hit on Hossa wasn't a penalty either.................................... guess there's a lot of idiots on this board after that incident then.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I agree.  Torres was suspended because his name was Torres.  I thought that hit was shoulder to shoulder and the other player unfortunately changed his positioning just before the hit.</p>

</p>

Let's completely pussify the game for all the pussies out there.  Good idea aye?</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198290" data-time="1370185983">
<div>

Knowing your complete lack of hockey knowledge....it's a compliment</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Funniest post of the thread!  HAHAHAHA</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="198318" data-time="1370189838">
<div>

Head hits when you're standing straight up are inexcusable. But when you are slumped over and you take one in the noggin you have pretty much put yourself in a vulnerable position. You make Bolland out to be high jumper in order to jump high enough to hit Richards in the head with his hip/ass on purpose. This is a stretch on your part to think there was intent to injure on this play. And I'm not a Bolland fan and we all know he does some of the most moronic things in games. Whatever happened to the 140 pt 2nd line center we drafted him to be???</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

At some point it has to have onus on the guy getting hit.  Just like the Torres hit that cost him the entire series.  Or the Sens guy in the first round.  Much dislike the NHL for not factoring this in, but saying they are.  They clearly are not.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="198330" data-time="1370195445">

At some point it has to have onus on the guy getting hit.  Just like the Torres hit that cost him the entire series.  Or the Sens guy in the first round.  Much dislike the NHL for not factoring this in, but saying they are.  They clearly are not.</p></blockquote>

Amen brother. It's becoming a epidemic at the youth level. Kids think they are indestructible.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="198326" data-time="1370194968">
<div>

If you don't copy his posts some of us will not have to see them.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

LOL...tough shit!  Suffer you crotchety old man</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198333" data-time="1370197120">
<div>

LOL...tough shit!  Suffer you crotchety old man</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Ass.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198286" data-time="1370185082">
<div>

Torres hit - shouldn't have been a suspension/ or penalty

Abdelkader - not a suspension

Gryba hit - not a suspension/or penalty

But the pansies that come in and don't know the game...force the NHL to have sacrificial lambs to appease them in wanting safety for all..so they can sleep better at night</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Pretty much exactly this.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Also, by Variable's argument, players should just skate down the ice with their heads down. They could never be checked legally by his interpretation of the rules. It's pretty much impossible to hit someone without hitting them in the head, when their head is down looking at the puck.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="198348" data-time="1370214206">
<div>

Also, by Variable's argument, players should just skate down the ice with their heads down. They could never be checked legally by his interpretation of the rules. It's pretty much impossible to hit someone without hitting them in the head, when their head is down looking at the puck.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Even at my 8 year old nephew's hockey practices, they make the kids skate straight up the ice while coaches roll tires at them. If their heads are down...boink.</p>