WCF - 6/1 Game 1: Kings (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 4:00PM NBCS

Variable

Liked Posts:
Looked like he tripped over Quick's stick actually.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="198291" data-time="1370186493">

Torres got suspended because it was a head hit, not a shoulder hit. Again, even if it's inadvertent, which it may have been, it's still a check to the head Like it or not, the NHL is slowly getting to the point where there will be no more tolerance for head hits whatsoever, blind side, accidental, whatever you want to call it. It's not worth allowing them in the game. You don't gain anything by allowing that reckless behavior to continue.</p></blockquote>

So when you go to your son/daughter's house league practices...are there qualified coaches teaching how to hit/take hits...or are there just volunteer dads/moms on the ice that are as educated as you?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="198294" data-time="1370186779">
<div>

Looked like he tripped over Quick's stick actually.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He still went down easy... just like Brown.  Also... Hossa is a sneaky diver, not on that play but I've seen it against Detroit.</p>

</p>

A dive isn't always a dive... I am just pointing out an example where a player goes down easy and is called a diver.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="198280" data-time="1370181060">
<div>

The only reason people are okay with it is because it was the Hawks. Forget about the launching of himself into Richards (which he did) nobody can argue it wasn't a check to the head, and if you can't do that then there really shouldn't be anything left to argue about whether it was a good or bad hit anyways. But again, it was a Hawks player. So yeah. Hawks got lucky there. Both that there wasn't a penalty with less than 2 minutes in the game, (which would actually  be a 6 on 4 after they pull Quick), and that Bolland won't be losing any time.</p>

</p>

And because the NHL didn't do anything afterwards, that means it must have been a good hit? Okay lol. Because they have such a sterling record of appropriately punishing (or punishing whatsoever) their players for hits like that. Has nothing to do with being an "anti-homer like Eddy" (which makes absolutely no sense here), it's just being able to look at things objectively.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

are you for real right now? Did you just fucking ignore the picture I posted that showed he did not launch himself? </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198295" data-time="1370186862">
<div>

So when you go to your son/daughter's house league practices...are there qualified coaches teaching how to hit/take hits...or are there just volunteer dads/moms on the ice that are as educated as you?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Let me put it this way for you, since you keep changing the argument: There are qualified coaches at the NHL level that routinely award players like Torres and Cooke and others  with ice time and roster spots for playing incredibly dangerous that proves for all their knowledge and experience in the game, it means jack shit when it comes to telling and encouraging those players in how to play. </p>

There's no need to go up high on a player already crouched over playing a puck. Whether he sees you or not, you still have to make the decision on how to hit that guy. Bolland went up high, hit his head. Maybe he wasn't trying to, but that's what he hit.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="198300" data-time="1370187406">
<div>

are you for real right now? Did you just fucking ignore the picture I posted that showed he did not launch himself? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

BollandRichardsHit.gif
</p>

</p>

Really?</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
f2c77.jpg

</p>

</p>

both feet on the ice at point of contact</p>

</p>

GTFO</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="198303" data-time="1370187838">

Let me put it this way for you, since you keep changing the argument: There are qualified coaches at the NHL level that routinely award players like Torres and Cooke and others with ice time and roster spots for playing incredibly dangerous that proves for all their knowledge and experience in the game, it means jack shit when it comes to telling and encouraging those players in how to play.

There's no need to go up high on a player already crouched over playing a puck. Whether he sees you or not, you still have to make the decision on how to hit that guy. Bolland went up high, hit his head. Maybe he wasn't trying to, but that's what he hit.</p></blockquote>

This guy again...

How many times have I asked your experience and/or knowledge? And you've ignored it any every way...but I change the topic?

Legendary stuff! Hf50, is that you?

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198309" data-time="1370188112">
<div>

This guy again...

How many times have I asked your experience and/or knowledge? And you've ignored it any every way...but I change the topic?

Legendary stuff! Hf50, is that you?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

There are people with twice as much hockey experience, at the professional level alone, than everyone on this board combined that have said some of the dumbest things on the sport. Why you are using that as any kind of "bar" for who is deemed right or wrong is beyond me.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Who's changing the subject again?

Objectively asking and objective mind like yours...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
But people that have never played the game...have said much dumber things about things they don't know anything about

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198311" data-time="1370188389">
<div>

Who's changing the subject again?

Objectively asking and objective mind like yours...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

No I don't have a kid in hockey. Yes I have played hockey. If someone were to say "Head hits should be illegal in hockey" without playing one second of hockey or any sport in their life, it wouldn't make them wrong because of that. It's a commonly used cop out in these types of arguments. Used all the time. That's why I pay no attention to it, it's make no difference on something as simple to understand as this problem is. Goes hand in hand with the " You must just hate hockey" argument.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Were you taught how to protect yourself when skating with the puck, how to roll of hits, and your responsibility as a puck carrier?

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="198295" data-time="1370186862">
<div>

So when you go to your son/daughter's house league practices...are there qualified coaches teaching how to hit/take hits...or are there just volunteer dads/moms on the ice that are as educated as you?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You have to be at a certain level to coach at the youth Bantam level so the majority of them have been educated in the subject.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Mike Richards says it was a clean hit</p>

</p>

Variable and Stu says it was dirty</p>

</p>

</p>

guess it was dirty. </p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="198314" data-time="1370189193">
<div>

No I don't have a kid in hockey. Yes I have played hockey. If someone were to say "Head hits should be illegal in hockey" without playing one second of hockey or any sport in their life, it wouldn't make them wrong because of that. It's a commonly used cop out in these types of arguments. Used all the time. That's why I pay no attention to it, it's make no difference on something as simple to understand as this problem is. Goes hand in hand with the " You must just hate hockey" argument.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Head hits when you're standing straight up are inexcusable. But when you are slumped over and you take one in the noggin you have pretty much put yourself in a vulnerable position. You make Bolland out to be high jumper in order to jump high enough to hit Richards in the head with his hip/ass on purpose. This is a stretch on your part to think there was intent to injure on this play. And I'm not a Bolland fan and we all know he does some of the most moronic things in games. Whatever happened to the 140 pt 2nd line center we drafted him to be???</p>