We are the luckiest franchise in the NBA

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
People could say its the Lakers or the Celtics because of all the rings and all the great players but it is definitely us for having the greatest athlete ever don our uniform and do all the great things he did in Chicago.

Thank you Michael

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
People could say its the Lakers or the Celtics because of all the rings and all the great players but it is definitely us for having the greatest athlete ever don our uniform and do all the great things he did in Chicago.

Thank you Michael

This how luckly the Bulls were, in the '83 draft the Bulls had the 13th pick and the Blazers had the 14th pick
Bulls: Enis Whatley
Blazers: Clyde Drexler

'84 draft:
Blazers: Bowie
Bulls: JORDAN

Can't image what it would've been like if the Bulls took Drexler in '83

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Thank you Michael

This how luckly the Bulls were, in the '83 draft the Bulls had the 13th pick and the Blazers had the 14th pick
Bulls: Enis Whatley
Blazers: Clyde Drexler

'84 draft:
Blazers: Bowie
Bulls: JORDAN

Can't image what it would've been like if the Bulls took Drexler in '83

we would have been bridesmaids like the blazers and never brides.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Thank you NewSkool. I was just about to post an MJ thread, because I was in a state of shock that no one had done it yet.

Growing up in the 90's watching Michael Jordan every day is the reason I am the Bulls fan I am today. I love the game of basketball...period. The reason I love it is because Michael Jordan showed me, what basketball could be when played at the highest level.

It's funny, I was a big bball fan growing up, but it wasnt until after the 2002 season that I REALLY got back into the Bulls. For from 99-2001, I watched the whole leauge (cause the Bulls sucked), I seaked out the best bball (which at the time was LA), because at that point I loved watching basketball being played at the highest level and was so used to it, I couldnt accept that my team was winning 20 games a year. Around 2002 (when we drafted Jay Will) I came to a realization as a Bulls fan. No other fans are as spoiled as i was growin up. For all the other fans, it is about the journey. The decades of drafts, waiting for the right team to come together. The once in a life time experiences that make the journey all worth it, like so many old skool Bulls fan i'm sure experienced in the 90's. Though I am with the Bulls for the journey, to see us get back to that level again. I watch it as a student of the game. I am a person who loves watching any game on tv and when my Bulls arent on, I love nothing more than watching DWade, LeBron, Kobe and others who attempt to play the game at it's highest level, because those types of players and that type of basketball is so damn special.

I don't think we will ever see another player dawn a Bulls uniform like MJ. I don't think we will ever experience the same type of success we experienced in the 90's again. Regardless, I am so greatful that I was able to growup in Chicago as a Bulls fan and I was able to experience such greatness, day in, day out, as a kid. For almost 2 decades, Michael Jordan made Chicago special, he made the Bulls special, but most importantly I think, he forever changed the game of basketball and it is alot more special today because of him.

There will never be another #23.....

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes we are. This is compounded on due to the fact that we have DRose as well. If Rose becomes a superstar, we are by far the luckiest franchise in the NBA. Luckier than even the Clippers, but they only get good players since they suck.