We don't need an offensive line!

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Not sure what Pace is doing, but at some point you need to take some offensive lineman. Also why not take a flyer on Fromm with two chances in the 5th round.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't worry we will get a ton of UDFAs for our oline

WoooPeeeee !!

Applefan

Liked Posts:
They may also consider a health Bars as a draft choice. Plus the additions of Ifedi and Spriggs, Neither great, but starters on playoff teams.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Better coaching and scheme will fix things more then some late draft picks.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also add in June 1st cuts and so on. Not like the bears can't find OL depth in rest of FA. I also hope they can add Tony Jefferson

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously they like Spriggs/Ifedi/Bars.

Otherwise they would have taken someone instead of taking 2 CBs

I don't care how much you like your mediocre OL talent, you still add guys. Good teams add Olmen every single year.

Instead, the Bears over rate their in house talent and allow the OL to derail an entire season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Obviously they like Spriggs/Ifedi/Bars.

Otherwise they would have taken someone instead of taking 2 CBs
I like Bars, dont know much about the other two. Perfect world might be to make one of Massie or Leno to move to a guard spot.

But with pothead mask Tunsil getting 22 per year, 50 million guaranteed, I guess we get what we pay for.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't care how much you like your mediocre OL talent, you still add guys. Good teams add Olmen every single year.

Instead, the Bears over rate their in house talent and allow the OL to derail an entire season.
My guess is that if we reviewed your posts on past draft weekends, there's a similar tone.

Maybe you can't be pleased?

jsdomino

Liked Posts:
I don't dislike the draft so far from a player standpoint. But I agree that we haven't addressed the most important weaknesses. I like the Cole Kmet pick. We need a tight end. But we guaranteed Jimmy Graham money, so why? Our OL sucked last year and it needs to improve. We can't keep lining up guards at the tackle spot. How many linebackers can you carry?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
What about the other Notre Dame UFDA OL they picked up last year with Bars? Is he still around?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said this way back when they got a new O line coach, their way of getting better is by coaching not players. They are likely hoping they can bounce back and Leno can play better, Massie stays healthy and Either Daniels becomes a better C because age wise, you kind of want him to pan out there longterm, or Whitehair becomes a better snapper. It's a lot of what if's but this is still the Oline that lead them into the playoffs. Bars also might be the long term plan at Right guard. But if he is not ready, they signed some one year patch work, and maybe try to draw it up to get someone else next season. I saw this coming months ago.

greg23

Liked Posts:
What about the other Notre Dame UFDA OL they picked up last year with Bars? Is he still around?

Yes

Mustipher

Everyone was ape shit excited about him and bars being signed and redshirted last year

Fast fwd a year and we also sign two former first round picks and everyone HATES our oline.

Maybe pace and the staff believes these guys are ready to compete for a starting or backup role or maybe he'll sign a soon to be released veteran post june 1 cuts