We need to move on from mitch

Southside

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace was on coke with this pick. The timing of this pick was also terrible because our defense which was garbage under Marc DontTrustman and Mel Tucker became elite again in Mitch's second season which put us in win-now mode. Mitch is an under developed project QB who cant succeed a win-now environment. Thank God though that we have a defense, because if our defense was trash just like our offense then that would mask Trubisky's shortcomings but with a good D it has exposed how awful Trubisky is and how much he holds us back.

Our defense may actually give Pace the leverage to move on from Mitch without looking totally bad since most GM's hold on to garbage QBs (ie Tannehill, Mariotta etc) too long just to protect their reputation after picking busts. The Bears are in the position that Denver was in before getting Peyton Manning at the end of his career. They had a D with NO offense. Maybe there's a chance we get some old washed up accomplished vet towards the end of their career looking for a good defense like Manning in Denver and we can win. We literally just need an average QB.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
looks that way

good protection and guys open all over the field today

never mind the inaccuracy. kid just doesn't see the field. literally zero evidence of him being able to anticipate the coverage and adjust his first read, and you can forget about second of third options.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Good protection? I must be missing it, because I've seen guys in Mitch's face all game.

First play, they do a fake handoff and Dion Jordan goes untouched and barrels right at him. That's good protection?

sewie

Liked Posts:
Audition for Bridgewater? Cost to much? Jay Glazer said Cam will probably be cut at seasons end, because it'll save them 19mil

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
And again, 2 seconds in, Mitch is a split second away from being roadkill.

Grape

Liked Posts:
I hope Mitch changes the narrative, but there are a lot of college QBs who are better, and especially more accurate than Mitch right now.

Even the ones who aren't considered great. I'm a Michigan fan and I wouldn't be surprised if Shea Patterson was better than Mitch at this point.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch has 78 yards in 18 attempts in a half. He has two huge otherthrows and is missing guys all over the field. He lock on to AR every play. This is pure garbage. The OL protection has been adequate today. Mitch is a bottom 5 NFL QB.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Mitch has 78 yards in 18 attempts in a half. He has two huge otherthrows and is missing guys all over the field. He lock on to AR every play. This is pure garbage. The OL protection has been adequate today. Mitch is a bottom 5 NFL QB.

Dion Jordan is essentially camping out in the Bears' backfield. STFU with this adequate protection bullshit.

Even when this line holds, the defense is disrupting the pocket.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
No man actually I was informed that we as Bears fans have an inherent issue of not seeing the genius of our QB play and our urge to "blow other team's QBs" is just a superficial flaw of our own fan culture. Go bears!!

Last edited:

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Dion Jordan is essentially camping out in the Bears' backfield. STFU with this adequate protection bullshit.

Even when this line holds, the defense is disrupting the pocket.

No doubt - whenever they can get this protection scheme figured out I cannot FUCKING WAIT to see what Trubisky does with a 15-20 second clean pocket.