Week 1 starting Qb is about the O-line, not the Qb.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it’s good, I won’t believe that more than vice versa.

I don’t think anyone is surprised that you spin a consensus that you can’t get too excited about preseason success into
that take, Don Quixote.

I hope they make it difficult for Justin but that’s almost impossible against the Ds he’ll play.
You could definitely get a feel for the o-line and running game when the 1s play.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The talk about who will start week one and when will Fields play has been beat to death and it’s not even training camp yet. Anyone ever thought they might want to get this revamped O-line a few games to come together and not throw a rookie QB out there to get murdered? Patience!
We've had this conversation before. Again I say, Justin Fields should play when Justin Fields is ready to play. Not when Dalton is bad. Not when the OL is good. What if the OL takes those few games and doesn't come together? What if there are injuries again like last year? Do you sit Fields all year because you're scared he might get hurt? If the OL is bad enough to get him hurt, it's bad enough to get Dalton hurt. If Dalton gets hurt because the OL is bad, guess who the #2 QB is?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You could definitely get a feel for the o-line and running game when the 1s play.
So if they’re good, you’ll be all about that? :Pace:

mecha

Liked Posts:
during Ryan Pace's tenure there have been 2 head coaches (John Fox, Matt Nagy), multiple quarterbacks (Jay Cutler, Jimmy Clausen, Brian Hoyer, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, Mitch Trubisky, Chase Daniel, Nick Foles), like 4 offensive coordinators (I think), and an array of other skilled position talent.

it's not like they didn't try or something. this is just a blowjob organization. you can keep moving the pieces around, they're still losers. I say this because they keep settling with mediocrity by way of Nagy's nonsense offense. Sean McVay is an offensive genius. Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius. Andy Reid is an offensive genius. Matt Nagy is a bootleg shitpiece Andy Reid until proven otherwise, and he should not be fucking crowned for some hypothetical potential achievements that have never happened yet up to this point. someone higher up should say dude, here's your offensive coordinator, they're calling the offense instead because we want to win games and decisively make the playoffs, not back in and have a Nickelodeon participation trophy for the quarterback who didn't win the game to show for it.

those of you that think Fields is the team's new hope are going to be pretty disappointed when it winds up being the same shit, right?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes.

And as I've said for years now, all the offense has to do is perform to shut ppl like myself up....but here we are in year 7.
If the perform well in the pre, I personally will not be relieved. I’ll have a better idea after 3 regular season games.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes.

And as I've said for years now, all the offense has to do is perform to shut ppl like myself up....but here we are in year 7.
Well I disagreed with you on Trubisky, and I'm the one who ended up eating crow (sauteed, seasoned, but still crow). I'm okay with taking a "show me" attitude henceforth.

I will say this, barring injuries, I believe this line will improve as the year goes on. As a former receiver I love the passing game, but something about a team that lines up and enforces their will on opponents in the running game gets me fired up. It would be nice to see more of that, and let's face it, if nothing else those rookie linemen should be good at moving people.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has nothing to do with the O-Line.

A) The Bears were afraid of what they would be left with if they didn't grab a QB before the draft (there was no guarantee we could get a starting QB in the draft) so they offered Dalton a 1 year deal and PROMISED him he would be the starter week one. Dalton even said he made the decision to come here partially because he would get to start.

B) We were considerably lucky to land Fields at 11, that doesn't mean the Bears can now tell Dalton he will not get what they promised (How would that look if it came out in future negotiations with players?)

Finally, don't worry, it won't take long to get Fields out there unless Dalton comes out and takes a huge leap over what he presented in Dallas last year. Don't forget Nagy pulled Mitch for Foles after he started 3-0 last year, you think he will have patience with Dalton when Fields is sitting behind him?

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I’m so glad the 2 teams with the shittiest record in the league have such great Olines to risk the future of their franchises

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have one test for which QB should start: whoever is best at hitting Mooney down field in stride should play.
Though it’s bigger than this to have the best QB play at the end of the year, I like it.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Though it’s bigger than this to have the best QB play at the end of the year, I like it.
Sure, QB has to be decisive and process the field quickly. Thet have to be able to disguise their intentions and make audibles.

But goddamn it will be far easier to be successful if our QB could actually take advantage of defenses cheating up. Safety staying close to watch for short shots over the middle, or run plays and screens? Fine, send Mooney deep. CBs jamming too much? Fine, send our WRs deep. Guys getting tired after hustling all day? You better believe I'm sending Money deep.