Week 11: Skeet Skeet edition

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It doesn't need explanation, it needs proof. Where exactly in the NFL are you seeing three great CBs on the same team? How many teams pay 3 CBs top money? This isn't a trend I'm seeing around the league, so yeah, where's your basis for making such a claim?

CBs are a pretty expensive position, how about we just draft a 3rd CB if you're worried about that nickel CB position. Paying 3 CBs top dollar doesn't seem prudent.

A top Nickel defender doesn't make anywhere near what a top outside CB makes.

It's not like the Bears will be paying number 1 CB money to three different players.

I'll bet my sagy scrotum Callahan will be the number 1 priority for Pace.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
speaking of which, what happened to Tolliver?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
A top Nickel defender doesn't make anywhere near what a top outside CB makes.

It's not like the Bears will be paying number 1 CB money to three different players.

I'll bet my sagy scrotum Callahan will be the number 1 priority for Pace.

Are the testes part of that wager

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clearly the best defense? Play someone first. Sheesh

Yawn. Apparently everytime we beat somebody they were bad. Well we beat the Bucs who beat the Saints sooooo

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't need explanation, it needs proof. Where exactly in the NFL are you seeing three great CBs on the same team? How many teams pay 3 CBs top money? This isn't a trend I'm seeing around the league, so yeah, where's your basis for making such a claim?

CBs are a pretty expensive position, how about we just draft a 3rd CB if you're worried about that nickel CB position. Paying 3 CBs top dollar doesn't seem prudent.

Hold on a second here. You're watching what is happening right now in the NFL on offense...and you're ACTUALLY asking me for proof that teams will need to have 3 solid cornerbacks to have a solid pass defense now? I literally have no response for you.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I know, you can't re-sign players on rookie contracts until after their 3rd year. I just think people already assume we are going to make that effort to re-sign Eddie to try to lessen the blow of his contract instead of letting it run past year 4. The only good thing about Amos and Jackson's contracts are that safeties are becoming less valuable with the rule changes. So that might make both of their contracts more palatable. However at that point you're still left with trying to re-sign one of the league's best nickel corners and that won't come cheap. For context the Dolphins paid Bobby McCain a whopping 4 year 27 Million contract with 13 Million guaranteed. He is a nickel that compares fairly well with Bryce.
You're telling me we can get the best nickle corner for under 7 mill a year ? Sign him up now !!

swz01

Liked Posts:
Its going to take some cap gymnastics to manage to re-sign Callahan, Jackson and Amos. Almost anyone will agree we are going to lose at least one of those three though.

We can easily keep the D together for 2 more years after this one. In 2021 it gets tough. Its very easy to clear up 15-20 mill this offseason to keep Amos and Callahan. Prince might be the odd man out by the time it comes to re-sign Jackson. Gotta hope Tolliver is ready by then.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Adrian Amos tacked on another INT and PD, 2 INTs and 6 PDs.

LOL at the term "tacked on", as if Amos is merely pouring gasoline onto his raging turnover fire. He has 3 INTs in his 54-game career. Despite his 'gaudy' INT totals and high PFF ratings, I think Amos is a serviceable DB and not much more than that.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Hold on a second here. You're watching what is happening right now in the NFL on offense...and you're ACTUALLY asking me for proof that teams will need to have 3 solid cornerbacks to have a solid pass defense now? I literally have no response for you.

Makes sense that you 'literally have no response', since what you are saying is "to win in the NFL, teams will have to do something that no team has done". I don't see NFL teams relegating major cap space to their defensive secondaries. The two best cover CBs I've seen in recent history, Josh Norman and Darrelle Revis, were both let go by their original teams despite being the best in the league at the time.

The only current team that invests heavily in their CBs is Jacksonville. This season Bouye makes $15.5M (aka Glennon money), Ramsey $6.3M, and DJ Hayden makes $4M. I've watched the Jags play...those guys are very good and Jacksonville has a nice defense (not necessarily dominant, though), but the Jags are 3-7 and in last place.

Perhaps the next trend in the NFL will be to buy up DBs...who knows...but not really sure what you are advocating here.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Makes sense that you 'literally have no response', since what you are saying is "to win in the NFL, teams will have to do something that no team has done". I don't see NFL teams relegating major cap space to their defensive secondaries. The two best cover CBs I've seen in recent history, Josh Norman and Darrelle Revis, were both let go by their original teams despite being the best in the league at the time.

The only current team that invests heavily in their CBs is Jacksonville. This season Bouye makes $15.5M (aka Glennon money), Ramsey $6.3M, and DJ Hayden makes $4M. I've watched the Jags play...those guys are very good and Jacksonville has a nice defense (not necessarily dominant, though), but the Jags are 3-7 and in last place.

Perhaps the next trend in the NFL will be to buy up DBs...who knows...but not really sure what you are advocating here.

The Jags are in last place because Blake Bortles is awful.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The Jags are in last place because Blake Bortles is awful.
True to an extent but it's not that simple.

Their Defense hasn't played at the same level as it did when it carry them to the AFC championship game.

Their secondary is still capable of shutting the door on anybody.

They did so for most of the day against the Steelers last week.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
These stats are dumb and I could pick them apart if I wanted to.

I do not need any statistical evidence to say the Bears have the best defense in the NFL this season. They clearly are. Its almost at the point of not being close between the Bears and #2.

Don't think there are any better than ours. How many other genuinely dominant defences are there? We probably played one of the best on Sunday night, Baltimore are pretty good, Jacksonville but they have no offence. Aaron Donald is a freak of nature for the Rams but they do allow a lot of points - hard to call a defence which is 23rd in points allowed and 21st in yards allowed dominant in any way.