1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Hope the game is moved to NBC.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
This is stupid. I came here to discuss football not kiss Lovie Smith's ass which is apparently what you need to do in order to fit in. The Bears have a good record and you want to name him coach of the year when they've played 1 good team. The Bears got kicked around by the Lions last week for Christ's sake. You feel the need to attack other members, why? What did Bearsnation do? He made a thread about Payton and apparently that's cause to jump his shit. If that's the attitude around here have fun but I'm not going to be a part of this. Bunch of internet tough guys who don't understand a thing about what this franchise is actually about.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Orton is a better QB than Cutler. At this point. Compare the stats. Cutler has had 4 good games. Half the times he's gotten sacked has been because he's been a statue and doesn't understand that he needs to get rid of the ball.

Kyle Orton on average throws the ball 10 times per game more than Jay Cutler and they have virtually the same quarterback rating. Stats are so deceiving and do not tell the whole story when comparing players. Yes Kyle Orton is having a good season but look at the circumstances surrounding each player and evaluate how they play by watching them. By your own logic you must believe that Kyle Orton is also better than Peyton Manning because his stats are better. There is not one person in any NFL front office that would pick Kyle Orton over Jay Cutler.

Also no one once stated they hated Kyle Orton, you are making shit up again. Please just stop pulling shit out of your ass to make your point look valid. Just because someone thinks Cutler is better than Orton does not make that person automatically hate neck-beard. However if someone honestly believes that Orton is better than Cutler I would say that person is automatically Special person and knows nothing about football.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is stupid. I came here to discuss football not kiss Lovie Smith's ass which is apparently what you need to do in order to fit in. The Bears have a good record and you want to name him coach of the year when they've played 1 good team. The Bears got kicked around by the Lions last week for Christ's sake. You feel the need to attack other members, why? What did Bearsnation do? He made a thread about Payton and apparently that's cause to jump his shit. If that's the attitude around here have fun but I'm not going to be a part of this. Bunch of internet tough guys who don't understand a thing about what this franchise is actually about.

look, bud...you're the one coming across as the internet tough guy. I pointed out that we don't play the packers in week 16...granted, it was in a sarcastic way, but why did you feel the need to defend him so bad? And this thread wasn't even about WP, it was about the remaining schedule, and how he hopes it comes down to Bears v. Pack, and one gets in. Some of us pointed out that we hope the Bears get to rest their starters that week, and from that you have gone off on a tangent saying how we are ripping a guy who didn't think through a post before hitting the "submit reply" button. Nobody is claiming that Lovie is the greatest coach in the NFL, and no one is claiming the Bears as a lock for the playoffs.

And another thing -- we gave up 3 bad plays to the Lions...held them to 2 Yards A PLAY in the 2nd half, and won the game. You can call it "getting kicked around" by the Lions if you want...but that's just stupid.

Another thing...The Bears have played one good team? lol. I'm assuming you mean the Eagles...forgetting that we beat the Packers early in the season...

And, the love for lovie should be obvious...a lot of people wondered if the Bears would win 5 games all season, let alone have a 5-game winning streak.

You can bitch and moan about the posters on here all you want, but don't get butt-hurt when people dispute you and your claims. People are open to other opinions, but those opinions need justification, not just "I don't think so"...

wtf has happened to this board in the last 2 or 3 days?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
look, bud...you're the one coming across as the internet tough guy. I pointed out that we don't play the packers in week 16...granted, it was in a sarcastic way, but why did you feel the need to defend him so bad? And this thread wasn't even about WP, it was about the remaining schedule, and how he hopes it comes down to Bears v. Pack, and one gets in. Some of us pointed out that we hope the Bears get to rest their starters that week, and from that you have gone off on a tangent saying how we are ripping a guy who didn't think through a post before hitting the "submit reply" button. Nobody is claiming that Lovie is the greatest coach in the NFL, and no one is claiming the Bears as a lock for the playoffs.

And another thing -- we gave up 3 bad plays to the Lions...held them to 2 Yards A PLAY in the 2nd half, and won the game. You can call it "getting kicked around" by the Lions if you want...but that's just stupid.

Another thing...The Bears have played one good team? lol. I'm assuming you mean the Eagles...forgetting that we beat the Packers early in the season...

And, the love for lovie should be obvious...a lot of people wondered if the Bears would win 5 games all season, let alone have a 5-game winning streak.

You can bitch and moan about the posters on here all you want, but don't get butt-hurt when people dispute you and your claims. People are open to other opinions, but those opinions need justification, not just "I don't think so"...

wtf has happened to this board in the last 2 or 3 days?

You cannot disagree with 1 poster on a forum with over 1200 members, and beg the question "wtf has happened to this board."

Even if you think it's wrong, he is also entitled to an opinion.

I just can't fathom how people cannot co-exist on a site without bickering over different opinions? I can't help but think what you guys would do in real life if somebody preferred a different type of chewing gum. It would be all out war.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Orton is a better QB than Cutler. At this point. Compare the stats. Cutler has had 4 good games. Half the times he's gotten sacked has been because he's been a statue and doesn't understand that he needs to get rid of the ball.

Why is there so much Orton hate anyway? He gets traded and so Bears fans need to disparage him? I like seeing him do so well because he should have been the starter here instead of Rex Grossman who was a total mental midget but Lovie Smith loved him. Because Lovie is a bad coach.

Obviously you haven't been following along. I said they should fire Lovie regardless of what happens this season. I was then asked who I thought should replace him at which point I named coaches I like because of their intensity on the sideline because that is the coaching style I prefer. When you grow up with Mike Ditka and the most dominant team in NFL history that's the way you're probably gonna swing seeing as how the Bears have been miserable ever since. I never said Lovie should be fired because of his lack of emotion. That was all you guys and I let you talk your shit because apparently that's what you do here. I talk shit about Lovie and
you guys attack personally as if you're his adopted children.

Yeah so good, his team is 3-9. Toilet Bowl bound!

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I hate when people compare stats sometimes. Especially QB's. How many games has Orton played in, where in the 4th quarter he's throwing because his team is trailing. Better yet, he's throwing against Prevent defenses too. Compare that to Cutler handing the ball off and kneeling.

A lump sum of his yards come at the end of games when they are losing. I almost lost a fantasy game because of a late TD to Brandon Lloyd.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That's it, you're done talking. Bye-bye.

I love how Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler are forever a package deal discussion topic. They are the Leftex227 of the NFL.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to see the Bears have the division locked up before week 17 so that the last game doesn't matter. But I still want the Bears to win it!

This thread stayed on topic for exactly 3 posts. Then this happened:
Post #4

Dude - that would be AWESOME! Can you imagine going to Lambeau and beating the packers in a game AFTER WE PLAY THE JETS ON THE SAME DAY!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:shrug:

Hey homey, we play the pack on wk 17.

Post #5

Yeah and you guys are brilliant. Lovie Smith is God's gift to coaching, Jay Cutler is the greatest QB to ever play the game and will be the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame while he's still playing and Matt Forte will break all of Payton's records.

Come on! Give the guy a break. He's more of a fan than some of you guys are. Unless you all wandered in here from the Cubs forum by mistake.

Try to focus people!

Last edited:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
IronMike, have you ever heard the axiom, "the map is not the territory"? It really works well for highlighting the difficulties in strictly using very basic statistics in a game like football.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You cannot disagree with 1 poster on a forum with over 1200 members, and beg the question "wtf has happened to this board."
I disagree w/ a lot of people on this board.

Even if you think it's wrong, he is also entitled to an opinion.
Never said he wasn't.

I just can't fathom how people cannot co-exist on a site without bickering over different opinions? I can't help but think what you guys would do in real life if somebody preferred a different type of chewing gum. It would be all out war.
I just want people to put a little thought into what they say before they hit the submit button. It's lacked a little lately. That's all i'm sayin'.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Note- Stayin out of it. Already had my altercation with a psycho on Facebook a day ago :) . As for the Main Topic by bearnation85: While that scenario would be a cause to seriously lmfao at every Packer fan, and the scenario of having the division locked down by then is great too. I think what can top it is also facing the Packers in the Playoffs and winning there, when it counts the most. I say that because at week 17, the loser has a shot a wildcard position still, Playoffs equals game over.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I just want people to put a little thought into what they say before they hit the submit button. It's lacked a little lately. That's all i'm sayin'.

IronMike, although you disagree with him is actually putting plenty of thought into his posts. He isn't typing one line of jibberish. It's coherent and it's his opinion. You just don't happen to agree with it...and I don't either. But that's the joy of a message board, you don't have to agree with people on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.