Week 17 IGT: Chicago Bears (9-6) @ Detroit Lions (4-11) 12/30/12 12:00PM CDT Fox

Who wins?

• Total voters

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brandon Marshall needs to get it going in the second half. Three dropped passes one of them was a touchdown in the first half, ugh!

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
back shoulder fades are normally short.

Yes but I meant about a ft short of were it need ro be placed. AJ had to completely extend his arms which gave defender ability to get in between him and the ball.
Atleast that's what I thought I saw in one of the replays

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
Nice first half. Just need to finish strong!

Nick80

Impressed again with some of the things that the Bears have shown in the first half, shame they can't put them all together at the same time!

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
Just like the season. We were stepping on Detroit's throat. And just like that its a game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's ignore the blitzing they did and just say it is prevent because it didn't work. SMH

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's ignore the blitzing they did and just say it is prevent because it didn't work. SMH

They did when they got past the 50, but up until then, they were content on playing off the receivers 10 yards

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah a safety that has basically never played was late getting over to help Jennings for an easy score. To be honest I am surprised we hadn't seen that happen earlier.

Jennings has to jam him, slow him up. no way can any safety make it over there in that amount of time

Nick80

Thought besides the touchdown, the D has done well, need more pressure up the middle, collapse that pocket more!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Walter was late but Jennings did seem way too lax on that play.

Agree that blame is there to go around on that play, but it was the first time we really saw the safety position exposed which is shocking to me.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bradshaw does know we killed Dallas right?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we do get a new HC, I hope they retain Marinelli

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
i've never seen such a negative halftime show for a team that's winning lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They did when they got past the 50, but up until then, they were content on playing off the receivers 10 yards

I would have to check the tape to verify this as forgive me if I tend not to believe fans that think if it's cloudy outside, it's because of Lovie.

But let us assume you are correct. That still doesn't change the fact it was not prevent. The clear implication from all the fans crying is oh no we played prevent the whole way down the field and they scored. We didn't. We mixed up coverages and the players simpy didn't execute. Sometimes the players do fail you know.