Week 5: Basking in Bye-Week Bliss - HAD TO DO IT TO EM

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

HAD TO DO IT TO EM

As negative as most of the posters on this very message board have been about #10, Mitch Trubisky (pictured above)... it seems like a lot of them are finally coming back to reality and realizing that the kid is good. No one should have doubted Pace's decision to move up to get him and it's paying dividends now. Like a fine wine, Mitch can only get better with age. I am esctatic to see what the next "3 quarters" of the season have in store. #neverwaverfromthesavior

I've said it before and I've said it again. THIS. TEAM. IS. GOOD. Matt Nagy has done what no other rookie head coach has done. Started his tenure with a 75% win percentage. As Dave Wannstedt and Lovie Smith always said... break the season up into 4 quarters... 4 game bunches. Well, the Bears have clearly won the 1st quarter of the season and likely should be a perfect 4-0... we won't get into how Kyle Fuller effed that one up. #neverdoubt #coachapproach

CO-Authored By CCS Contributor @HeHateMe:

Everyone wants to talk about Trubs and Nagster but what is really interesting is all of the legit playmakers there are on offense now and obviously the defence, duh. Offense we have the best WR corpse we've had in bears history perfect combo speed and size with the hybrid WR/RB in Tarik cone rounding it all out perfectly. Tite ends are fantastic and just wait until Shaheen is back. Look out. Also with that i forgot about Anthony Miller who if he had a QB that isnt still learning, and didn't have the shoulder pop out, would likely be a shoe in for OROY. #offenceconfidence

Now onto the defence. MACK. WOW. literally the best defender in bears history unless you are someone who actually was alive when Dick Butkis played, but totally different NFL, if you are old but honest and you timetravel Mack back to the Butkis days he would completely destroy Butkis on the stat sheet, only a meatball homer stupid idiot would deny it. MACK makes EVERYONE better, even Kyle Fuller. Look what he did for Tolliver. Guy wasn't even drafted and he is playing as well as Kyle in limited snaps. Whole front 7 is better then the 1985 team and they are just getting started. Teleport the 1985 team to facing Aaron Rodgers and we lose both games this season, not just the one. #morethandecentdefence

#BEARDOWN

hqdefault.jpg

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Totally have to agree with the first section (obviously agree with the second section, I literally wrote it)

Key advanced metric that nobody can deny is the most important stat you can judge a new (or vet) coach by is the quarterly Win/Loss stat. 75% isn't perfect but it should get any team into the playoffs and it's also a good indicator of how deep a team will go. I'm confident that Nagy was the right choice now. He was actually my first choice the whole time. I can't wait for the Dolphins and seeing how that game informs the second quarter of this season. BEar DOWN and BUCKLE UP.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Can't deny sharing your enthusiasm and I've been all-in on Pace as well. I'm not ready to crown the Bears yet but I haven't been this encouraged about a Bears team since the 80's. The most important part is the team, staff and organization seem to be on the same page with no disfunction. Trying to find negatives at this point is really grasping at straws. Mitch is still, and will continue to be, growing in this offense. I can accept a few mistakes as long as they're corrected and he's got the right coaching and support to do just that. Looking forward to the next game.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't deny sharing your enthusiasm and I've been all-in on Pace as well. I'm not ready to crown the Bears yet but I haven't been this encouraged about a Bears team since the 80's. The most important part is the team, staff and organization seem to be on the same page with no disfunction. Trying to find negatives at this point is really grasping at straws. Mitch is still, and will continue to be, growing in this offense. I can accept a few mistakes as long as they're corrected and he's got the right coaching and support to do just that. Looking forward to the next game.

Honestly if not this year (likely this year, I can feel it and I'll say it: SB) I think next year and 90% of people will forget about 80s Bears teams.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I concur. If we can win 75% of our games every quarter we should be in good shape. #BEobsessed

You're looking at it all wrong. It's really winning 75% every four and one-fourths of the season. 17/4 = 4.25. So it's slightly above a quarter. I do agree with that win percentage though.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There's a lot of footbaw left. Three more quarters.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Honestly if not this year (likely this year, I can feel it and I'll say it: SB) I think next year and 90% of people will forget about 80s Bears teams.

I won't ever forget the 80s teams. There's room in my memory for more special Bears teams though and this one has a real chance.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He literally said GOOD shape. Bad shape would be less than 75% per season quarter.

Don't know what that guy is talking about. Nobody mentioned bad shape :shrug:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He literally said GOOD shape. Bad shape would be less than 75% per season quarter.

he said we SHOULD be in good shape........I was just curious about the qualifier

:shrug:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy Hashtags, Batman!

This is the thread that CCS needs, but probably does not deserve.

#darkknightdrop

#iwanttobelieve

#buckleup

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy Hashtags, Batman!

This is the thread that CCS needs, but probably does not deserve.

#darkknightdrop

#iwanttobelieve

#buckleup

I think CCS deserves it. Since the unbannings, it's a whole new world as they said in Aladdin.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think CCS deserves it. Since the unbannings, it's a whole new world as they said in Aladdin.

I think there's a lot of posters that are feeling more emboldened to let their positivity and optimism shine now that some of the posters that quit are back.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Love the sock tan lines.

#tastemakermitch

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think there's a lot of posters that are feeling more emboldened to let their positivity and optimism shine now that some of the posters that quit are back.

Kind of like an important figure who is known to be orange emboldened a certain portion of the population, except in this case, people are emboldened for positive things.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You're looking at it all wrong. It's really winning 75% every four and one-fourths of the season. 17/4 = 4.25. So it's slightly above a quarter. I do agree with that win percentage though.

16 games. Thus, 16/4=4 games. The 17th week (this week for the Bears doesn´t count because it is not a game.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
not being a homer... my football knowledge is amateur at best... you really think this D-line is better in 2018 than the 85 D-line if they were time-traveled to the present? What would make the 85 D-line less competitive in today's NFL?