Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for post @Broc. I don't normally focus on the line during the games and don't have the time or interest to "review tape" afterwards.

Yeah shit's time consuming. I could only get thru the first half of offense before I had to call it a night and go to bed. Thankfully I don't have kids and the gf is a Bears fan and gets a kick out of all this stuff so she doesn't give me too much shit for wasting my time going over tape and cutting up gifs to share with you heathens. Definitely helps give you a different perspective though going back and forth on plays watching them in slow mo. My only gripe is not being able to see the outside WRs from the endzone angles. I imagine coaching staffs are getting endzone film that show everyone so not sure why the gamepass angle is cut off.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean, holy fuck Long. Why are you even out there?

E0uDVu3.gif
@Novak thought you would want to watch this play

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I just dont get why they haven't made a change. Especially when the whole team watches the game tape and constantly sees him getting owned on every play.
But Howie might say something bad about them on Fox....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Novak thought you would want to watch this play

He's not even sure who to fucking block. By the time he realizes who the MIKE is, the guy is already past him.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Notice on a lot of inside runs, the Bears like to ask Leno to ignore the DE on his outside shoulder and try to move up to the 2nd level to block a LB who starts with inside position (a pulling TE then is responsible for the DE). That's a difficult block for good tackles to make, and as we have seen its more or less impossible for a bad tackle like Leno to make. Think Bears need to stop asking Leno to try and block across a LB in the open fields face, and just have him kick out the DE, ask the pulling TE to cut up into the hole as a lead blocker. That at least creates a cutback lane, because half the time our idiot TEs don't manage to block the DE and he makes a tackle from the backside.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thanks for post @Broc. I don't normally focus on the line during the games and don't have the time or interest to "review tape" afterwards.

How can you not? The OL is so bad that you can't help but focus on it. Honestly, Long has been so terrible that I haven't even been able to see live how garbage Leno has been. Him stopping to hit someone and losing all his momentum on that pull had me LOLing.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Notice on a lot of inside runs, the Bears like to ask Leno to ignore the DE on his outside shoulder and try to move up to the 2nd level to block a LB who starts with inside position (a pulling TE then is responsible for the DE). That's a difficult block for good tackles to make, and as we have seen its more or less impossible for a bad tackle like Leno to make. Think Bears need to stop asking Leno to try and block across a LB in the open fields face, and just have him kick out the DE, ask the pulling TE to cut up into the hole as a lead blocker. That at least creates a cutback lane, because half the time our idiot TEs don't manage to block the DE and he makes a tackle from the backside.

which is why the 49'ers dominated old school using a Polish fullback lead blocker

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How can you not? The OL is so bad that you can't help but focus on it. Honestly, Long has been so terrible that I haven't even been able to see live how garbage Leno has been. Him stopping to hit someone and losing all his momentum on that pull had me LOLing.
The Bears games have been so effing boring this year, that I have have gone to the bar for all of them besides week 1. I'm normally paying attention to several games at once for Fantasy and drinking. Plus I know when the Bears offense is on the field, it's better to just kinda tune them out for fear of falling asleep.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I moved to New England in 2006.....I have been a huge NFL fan for around 45 years and have never seen a QB get more time to throw (and hit less) than Tom Brady. I understand he is the GOAT and all but in this era where you already aren't allowed to really hit the QB...thereby extending his career artificially IMO...what if Joe Montana had played in this video game era? Or any other number of former greats?

Most the games the Patriots have lost are when their Oline struggles and Brady starts getting hit, which isn't very often. At this point Trubisky doesn't look very promising to me, but who the hell knows, we have no run game and as mobile as Trubisky is, he's still getting pressured quickly. It's not like these guys are holding their blocks for 4 seconds and then failing, it's a jailbreak every other play from jump he's looking to take off. I guess my point is, which some of you may argue...what if Trubisky had the amount of clean pocket time that Brady has? I'm not ready to flush him just quite yet

I honestly don't give a shit about Trubisky. I think he has potential to be pretty good, but I don't think he's one of those truly special generational type of QBs. That is the only kind of QB that could thrive with what's going on with our offense. So a handful of future HOF QBs could make this OL and Nagy look less shit. And that's probably it.

The reality is, we have to fix this OL and Nagy has to take his head out of his fucking ass. If Kyle Long starts against New Orleans, then Nagy honestly has no fucking clue. It seems like a no-brainer to sit him, but I'm not convinced that move will be made. I'm kind of losing some confidence in Nagy.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I honestly thought when they started Coward 2 weeks ago they were being graceful to Long. When he was back on the field last week I was surprised. I know they stress continuity among lineman but at some point you move on. Be interesting to see if we start the same five after the bye.
Larsen started the game but got a concussion...

In any case, they'd be better off with either of those 2 and Long being IR'd and headed to retirement.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This team is just disjointed. It looks like no one knows what anyone else is doing...

This is honestly the best description of our offense. Do they practice... like together? o_O

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I mean, holy fuck Long. Why are you even out there?

E0uDVu3.gif
He's just along for the ride.
At this point his main focus is pickup as many game checks as he can without getting hurt.
Too much life after footbaw.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Holy shit, watch Kyle long get shucked like on Oyster here. It looks like this is a designed counter to the backside, but Longs man single handedly ruins any chance of a cutback... like he could have been beat like that tot he outside and this run has a chance, but he gets ragdolled aside like he shouldn't even be there.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, watch Kyle long get shucked like on Oyster here. It looks like this is a designed counter to the backside, but Longs man single handedly ruins any chance of a cutback... like he could have been beat like that tot he outside and this run has a chance, but he gets ragdolled aside like he shouldn't even be there.
He is going to make cutting him very easy at the end of the season. Bears need to start getting Coward some reps. I thought he filled in at RG fairly well when Larson went down.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
The third to last gif Monty should have worked back to the left. Otherwise, brutal OL play.

Even if we don’t see that hole opening up to the left as well the right, they’re blocking all to the right, path of least resistance would tell you to go left.
Much harder in game speed I’m sure.