Week 8 IGT: Chicago Bears (5-1) vs Carolina Panthers (1-5) 10/28/12 12:00pm CDT FOX

Who wins?

• Total voters

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

chi.gif
vs
car.gif

Team Stats - Team Stats

ndt_sept12_connections_1b.jpg

Time: Sunday, October 28, 2012, 12:00PM CDT TV: Fox Radio: WBBM 780
Line: Bears -7​

TEAM SCHEDULES

BearsPanthers
OpponentResultOpponentResult
IndianapolisW 41-21@Tampa BayL 10-16
@Green BayL 10-23New OrleansW 35-27
St. LouisW 23-6NY GiantsL 7-36
@DallasW 34-18@AtlantaL 28-30
@JacksonvilleW 41-3SeattleL 12-16
DetroitW 13-7DallasL 14-19

STARTING LINEUPS
Bears OffensePanthers Offense
QB: Jay CulterQB: Cam Newton
RB: Matt ForteRB: DeAngelo Williams
FB: Evan RodriguezFB: Mike Tolbert
WR: Brandon MarshallWR: Steve Smith
WR: Devin Hester*WR: Brandon LaFell
WR: Earl BennettWR: Louis Murphy
TE: Kellen DavisTE: Greg Olsen
LT: JaMarcus WebbLT: Jordan Gross
LG: Chilo RachalLG: Amini Silatolu
C: Roberto GarzaC: Geoff Hangartner
RG: Lance LouisRG: Garry Williams
RT: Gabe CarimiRT: Bryon Bell
Bears DefensePanthers Defense
LE: Israel IdonijeLE: Greg Hardy
DT: Stephen PaeaDT: Ron Edwards
DT: Henry MeltonDT: Dwan Edwards
RE: Julius PeppersRE: Charles Johnson
LOLB: Nick RoachLOLB: James Anderson
MLB: Brian UrlacherMLB: Luke Keuchly
ROLB: Lance BriggsROLB: Thomas Davis
CB: Charles TillmanCB: Captain Munnerlyn
CB: Tim JenningsCB: Josh Norman
FS: Chris ConteFS: Haruki Nakamura
SS: Major WrightSS: Charles Godfrey
Bears Special TeamsPanthers Special Teams
K: Robbie GouldK: Justin Medlock
P: Adam PodleshP: Brad Nortman
KR: Devin HesterKR: Kealoha Pilares
PR: Devin HesterPR: Joe Adams
*Filling in for injury

BEARS TEAM STATS
2012 Team Ranks

Offense YPG - 337.8 ypg (22nd)
Passing YPG – 206.3 ypg (25th)
Rushing YPG – 131.5 ypg (9th)
Points Scored – 27.0 ppg (8th)
Turnovers - 8 giveaways (7th)

Defense YPG – 299.3 ypg (6th)
Passing YPG – 228.0 ypg (16th)
Rushing YPG – 71.3 ypg (2nd)
Points Allowed – 13.0 ppg (1st)
Turnovers - 21 Takeaways (1st)

BEARS OFFENSIVE LEADERS
QBs:
owC6p.jpg

RBs:
YneIL.jpg

WRs:
V2kpz.jpg

BEARS DEFENSIVE LEADERS
Tackles
WT6Mg.jpg

Sacks
bqmJN.jpg

Interceptions
f6hes.jpg

Bears vs Panthers Notes
o) The Bears have beaten the Panthers the last two season. In 2010 the defense dominated the offense depleted Panthers into a 23-6 win in which Jay Cutler did not play due to a concussion. Instead, Matt Forte had a field day rushing and rushed for 166 yards and 2 touchdowns. Bears backup QB would show his first sign of trouble as the Bears backup in throwing 6/16 for only 32 yards and 4 interceptions. Collins put up one of the worst performances in NFL history in a winning game.

Last season, the Bears struggled and narrowly got by the Panthers in a 34-29 win. Forte again had a field day rushing for 205 yards and 1 touchdown. Cutler struggled mightly only completing 9 passes (on 17 attempts) for 0 touchdowns and 1 interception. DJ Moore had a interception return touchdown and Devin Hester added a punt return.

o)If the Bears win against Carolina they will match their longest winning streaks they put together last season and in 2010. The Bears longest winning streak under Lovie Smith is 8 games in the 2005 season, followed by 7 games in 2006.

o) Jay Cutler is 10-1 in his last 11 games as the Bears starting QB. Cutler is 29-18 as starter in Chicago.

o)The Bears will wear their throwback jersey's for this game.

Injury Report:
Bears:
Jay Cutler (QB) - Probable [Ribs]
Alshon Jeffrey (WR) - Out [Hand]
Johnny Knox (WR) - PUP (Likely out for season) [Back]

Panthers:

CHI CITY SPORTS l #1 Chicago Sports Fan Message Board register if you're a guest and dont have an account to post with!​

[

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears win, because we outrank them in the secondary.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carolina may play with a certain swagger because they may be tired of hearing about how they suck in the news. So it could be a trap game for us

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I hope Cutler is truly well enough to play. It is a good time to be banged up though, if there ever was a good time.

Normally, Cutler and the offense should have their way with the CAR defense, especially with the deep ball. I doubt we see much of that though.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No Greg Olsen in the poll, no good. :smh:

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
24-13 Bears, Bears D steps up with Cutler struggling to throw strong enough.

Oh, and 2 Olsen fumbles.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: Week 8 IGT: Chicago Bears (5-1) vs Carolina Panthers (1-5) 10/28/12 12:00pm CDT

BMarsh is a RB too now? :tongue:

Didn't you hear his press conference? Yes he is competing with Forte and Bushy.

Btw... Why do they call him Bushy? It's a horrible nickname and LOnger than his name! This isn't the NHL where you must ad a ie,er, or z

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

ChicagoDawg1991

We should have a field day with their defense and we should lock Newton down. Can't take them lightly though, but we got win #6 :bearbang:

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Beware of Steve Smith, the Bears killer. He has had our number over the years, and played well against us last season. In order to stop him, you first have to stop Cam Newton, who's been pretty easy to stop this year. The Cover 2 defense is a nightmare for running quarterbacks because of all the extra sets of eyes. I think McClellin should be seeing plenty more snaps this week, and we'll probably see him spying on Cam all day.

No reason in the world for us not to handle this team. The one thing I'm hoping to see is the offense looking like it should. We shouldn't be in the twenties (ranking-wise) with the talent we have. You'd like to see some progress before we start playing the really really good teams that can put points on the board.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Beware of Steve Smith, the Bears killer. He has had our number over the years, and played well against us last season. In order to stop him, you first have to stop Cam Newton, who's been pretty easy to stop this year. The Cover 2 defense is a nightmare for running quarterbacks because of all the extra sets of eyes. I think McClellin should be seeing plenty more snaps this week, and we'll probably see him spying on Cam all day.

No reason in the world for us not to handle this team. The one thing I'm hoping to see is the offense looking like it should. We shouldn't be in the twenties (ranking-wise) with the talent we have. You'd like to see some progress before we start playing the really really good teams that can put points on the board.

This will/would be an interesting test for Shea because so far he's shown a tendency to give up outside contain at times. While he can get away with it against some QB's Cam Newton really isn't the guy you want to give a wide open side of the field to run to.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
I highly doubt a deflated Cam Newton and Steve Smith is gonna do much against da Bear's D. I expect they'll do some similar things as the Lions, but ultimately there is a much higher chance of completely shutting them out. I mean if you want a reason as to why the Panther's are going to lose, I present to you...this:

Cam-postgame.jpg

Looks like Aunt Clara's Christmas gift came early...and Dear Cthulhu is that thing is ugly. Please someone move that walking carpet.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Who covers Steve Smith, Tillman or Jennings?

I think I'd prefer Jennings to cover him...