Welcome Shanny, or Shanny-equivalent...

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I can see it going down like this:

Emery, gone. He can now sleep.
Tres gone.
Cutler - any reasonable trade options and he's gone, but it appears he is too toxic currently to move. Titans are far better of drafting a QB and allocating the dollars toward the tranches, doubt they are quite stupid enough to take the bait at a reasonable price.

More importantly, I hope George can recognize the glaring reality: this team cannot and will not compete until 2016, at the VERY earliest, so draft a Qb and give the boy time to develop in the new system. Let Cutler play next year and get crushed, doooooont care because next year is a write-off .

Harbaugh is heading to UM I believe so he's not a viable option. Shanny or a Shanny-equivalent is inbound because the pendulum must swing in the opposite direction to save face - after opting for a wild card in Tres, they will absolutely grab a safe, branded, retread of a HC, no way they gamble on an unknown commodity again.

And the cycle of mediocrity shall continue.

Nick80

Anyone think UM threw that number out there so old Jimmy H gets the best possible deal to stay in the NFL?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see it going down like this:

Emery, gone. He can now sleep.
Tres gone.
Cutler - any reasonable trade options and he's gone, but it appears he is too toxic currently to move. Titans are far better of drafting a QB and allocating the dollars toward the tranches, doubt they are quite stupid enough to take the bait at a reasonable price.

More importantly, I hope George can recognize the glaring reality: this team cannot and will not compete until 2016, at the VERY earliest, so draft a Qb and give the boy time to develop in the new system. Let Cutler play next year and get crushed, doooooont care because next year is a write-off .

Harbaugh is heading to UM I believe so he's not a viable option. Shanny or a Shanny-equivalent is inbound because the pendulum must swing in the opposite direction to save face - after opting for a wild card in Tres, they will absolutely grab a safe, branded, retread of a HC, no way they gamble on an unknown commodity again.

And the cycle of mediocrity shall continue.
I don't think emery deserves the axe imo but that's all it is

and whats wrong with someone like shanny regardless of the wash debacle and or who is under center for us next season I think a quality proven coach like shanny or someone similar is the smart move even if he isn't the guy who takes you to glory he would help build your team into a solid foundation

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

and whats wrong with someone like shanny regardless of the wash debacle and or who is under center for us next season I think a quality proven coach like shanny or someone similar is the smart move even if he isn't the guy who takes you to glory he would help build your team into a solid foundation

Shanny can make the team respectable, maybe compete for a wild card spot within two years, but he's not going to completely overhaul and rebuild the foundation over three years and turn this into a dynasty. The lighting-in-a-bottle guys like Petey and Harbaugh and (maybe) Chip can emerge from the college ranks and totally change the team dynamics and performance. A retread isn't going to accomplish that. And yes, I'm aware that 31 teams in the NFl would love to have a Petey type as their HC and there's limited inventory.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

What would be your argument for retaining Emery? Let's ignore the chance the Bears brass won't eat his contract. What has he done to demonstrate he should be given more time?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would be your argument for retaining Emery? Let's ignore the chance the Bears brass won't eat his contract. What has he done to demonstrate he should be given more time?

I like the young guys he has drafted I like that he was aggressive in free agency even if so far it seems to have blown up in his face the only two big glaring fuck ups imo is he chose trestman over arians and he overpaid cutler a little but I still think it was the right move to sign cutler like he did if for no other reason you keep cutler just long enough to find your guy in the draft.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shanny can make the team respectable, maybe compete for a wild card spot within two years, but he's not going to completely overhaul and rebuild the foundation over three years and turn this into a dynasty. The lighting-in-a-bottle guys like Petey and Harbaugh and (maybe) Chip can emerge from the college ranks and totally change the team dynamics and performance. A retread isn't going to accomplish that. And yes, I'm aware that 31 teams in the NFl would love to have a Petey type as their HC and there's limited inventory.
this sparty shanny could turn it around here in no time and make us competitive and give emery time to stack more talent on the team. maybe shanny doesn't take us all the way but it would be a good start

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Anyone think UM threw that number out there so old Jimmy H gets the best possible deal to stay in the NFL?

Has UM actually confirmed the offer? How do you know it's not Jim's agent just inflating the price?

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has UM actually confirmed the offer? How do you know it's not Jim's agent just inflating the price?

PoBwE.gif

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the young guys he has drafted I like that he was aggressive in free agency even if so far it seems to have blown up in his face the only two big glaring fuck ups imo is he chose trestman over arians and he overpaid cutler a little but I still think it was the right move to sign cutler like he did if for no other reason you keep cutler just long enough to find your guy in the draft.

he overpaid cutler a little Understatement of the year.

but I still think it was the right move to sign cutler like he did Franchise tag was the correct move, period!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;xGbZN4fV4GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbZN4fV4GU[/video]

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
he overpaid cutler a little Understatement of the year.

but I still think it was the right move to sign cutler like he did Franchise tag was the correct move, period!

Based on the market, he paid Cutler what his value was. QB contracts are about to go way up