Well Matt, you know what, that may be a problem.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As Nagy sat on the edge of his seat to watch special teams coordinator Chris Tabor lead the team, he often could tell what play offensive coordinator Bill Lazor was going to run based on the down, distance and formation. But sometimes he didn’t know because of similar formations, and that was “challenging” for the man used to being in control.

FFS, If you can see it, so can the defensive coordinators that study your formations and tendencies at least as much as you do, you fucking imbecile.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As Nagy sat on the edge of his seat to watch special teams coordinator Chris Tabor lead the team, he often could tell what play offensive coordinator Bill Lazor was going to run based on the down, distance and formation. But sometimes he didn’t know because of similar formations, and that was “challenging” for the man used to being in control.

FFS, If you can see it, so can the defensive coordinators that study your formations and tendencies at least as much as you do, you fucking imbecile.

I mean... Right?

TELLY46

Liked Posts:
his offense got figured out midway thru 2018.

At that point we started to go into a run dominant offense. Thats when we all should have realized the dude was a fraud.

How many careers is this guy doing to ruin besides his?
lots

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
bBPIjlM.png

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nagy let’s the defense dictate his play calls, defenses know exactly what he’s doing. He hasn’t learned a damn thing in 4 years.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I think this is funny as hell, he was in on the game plan which is really what that statement was about.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nagy let’s the defense dictate his play calls, defenses know exactly what he’s doing. He hasn’t learned a damn thing in 4 years.

Yes to the last two parts. First part has me confused. I would say that Nagy goes into a set pattern of personnel and formations no matter what coverage or formation the D shows - often to the downfall of that play. Way too often.

ImSure

Liked Posts:
i've been watching to see with team would announce the firing of the head coach first. Us or Virginia Tech.

we lost.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

From what I heard on the radio this morning you’re not using this quote in correct context. He knew what plays were going to be run because he and Lazor had installed the offense and they had play A set up for this situation or Play B for that situation.

I’m not trying to defend Nagy’s ability as a play caller here…. (It obviously sucks). Just pointing out that of course he knew which play was coming because he helped install the game plan.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
From what I heard on the radio this morning you’re not using this quote in correct context. He knew what plays were going to be run because he and Lazor had installed the offense and they had play A set up for this situation or Play B for that situation.

I’m not trying to defend Nagy’s ability as a play caller here…. (It obviously sucks). Just pointing out that of course he knew which play was coming because he helped install the game plan.
Could be, I was just quoting the Trib article and didn't hear him.

mecha

Liked Posts:
his offense got figured out midway thru 2018.

At that point we started to go into a run dominant offense. Thats when we all should have realized the dude was a fraud.

How many careers is this guy doing to ruin besides his?
it's like forever ago now, but I thought they started to heavily abandon the run as the season progressed. Howard was a solid runner probably good for 100 yards a game and he didn't even get used because Nagy wanted to show how gigantic his brain (brane?) was by throwing the ball 40 times a game instead.

I'm really not arguing, one of the core issues with the offense is how imbalanced it is. now it's the opposite way because Fields isn't automatically throwing for 3 TDs and 300+ yards a game.