Well this is depressing as hell to read.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Point is we can't run and haven't been a good running team much at all since the M.Ditka years as our HC.
In 2005 the bears averaged 4.3 ypc.. That's the only year I could find with a quick look when we are 4 or above... sad indeed

Edit: Actually we were 4 or above every Fox year.. 4.6 in the 3 -13 season.. I guess it really is a passing year.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
In 2005 the bears averaged 4.3 ypc.. That's the only year I could find with a quick look when we are 4 or above... sad indeed

Edit: Actually we were 4 or above every Fox year.. 4.6 in the 3 -13 season.. I guess it really is a passing year.

Walter Payton’s career YPC is 4.4 so guess the Bears haven’t been a good running team evaaaaaa

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The second line is just flat out wrong.

We had more success running up the middle than the edges this past year. They were miserable at it in 2018, but decent in 2019. They were just god awful at anything to the edges, particularly the right side.

Either way, yea, this team needs a run game more than they need a QB, imo.

Here are Monty's splits from PFF. Your link above is not showing the Bears but the Cardinals.

LE - 4.0
LT - 3.2
LG - 3.3
ML - 3.2
MR -3.8
RG - 3.2
RT - 4.8
RE - 4.0

Pretty terrible. The overall middle numbers might be skewed because Cohen's and Patterson's YPC up the middle was quite high probably owing to breaking off a big run here or there.

But you should watch the games bro, Bears have sucked up the middle for a while now. Under Nagy in particular because he apparently values mobile blockers who are good at running and blocking space rather than defenders.

Should just rename Nagy's OL the Matadors.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Here are Monty's splits from PFF. Your link above is not showing the Bears but the Cardinals.

LE - 4.0
LT - 3.2
LG - 3.3
ML - 3.2
MR -3.8
RG - 3.2
RT - 4.8
RE - 4.0

Pretty terrible. The overall middle numbers might be skewed because Cohen's and Patterson's YPC up the middle was quite high probably owing to breaking off a big run here or there.

But you should watch the games bro, Bears have sucked up the middle for a while now. Under Nagy in particular because he apparently values mobile blockers who are good at running and blocking space rather than defenders.

Should just rename Nagy's OL the Matadors.
So these are just Monty's PFF (since you wrote "Here are Monty's splits from PFF"), so they would not skewed by Cohen and Patterson rushes...

So the best avg for Monty was running to the outside of Massie/RT. Interesting.

Looks like they're splitting the Center into ML and MR, which I'm guessing is gaps, not following an OL player, otherwise they'd just have a "C", right?

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nagy is fucking an idiot.

Well, I wouldn't know but as a rule of thumb, I have always not to have cared who anyone fucks as long as it is a consenting adult.

Just fucking with you. haha. I liked because I AGREE; sick of the "figuring things out" shit - I can see that for one year tops. I even understand when some say that a professional head coach should not even need one year to figure things out; that he should only need time to work with GM on getting the right personnel in the first FULL offseason together. Nagy is on the hot seat - or should be.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
So these are just Monty's PFF, so they would not skewed by Cohen and Patterson rushes...

Looks like they're splitting the Center into ML and MR, which I'm guessing is gaps, not following an OL player, otherwise they'd just have a "C", right?

Re-read Remy's post. He said "the overall middle numbers may be skewed by Patterson and Cohen" and he was qualifying why the middle numbers would be a bit better than the edge numbers given how sucky Monty's numbers are.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nags is a talker and a people person. A qualified, intelligent, adaptable HC ? That’s not nags.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
never remember Howard having much trouble getting yards up the middle, the problem was not giving him the ball, then Nagy with his trick mentality switching Howard to running outside and Cohen up the middle.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So these are just Monty's PFF, so they would not skewed by Cohen and Patterson rushes...

Wasn't saying the above numbers were skewed as you are correct, they are just Monty's. I was saying to MS that maybe if he saw overall numbers that had us running better inside, it may be because Cohen and Patterson had better numbers inside. I couldn't see what numbers he was looking at so just speculating. And yeah this is gaps so ML is the gap between the C and LG.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
never remember Howard having much trouble getting yards up the middle, the problem was not giving him the ball, then Nagy with his trick mentality switching Howard to running outside and Cohen up the middle.

He was great in 2016. Looking at runs between LG and RG, had a low of 4.8 over ML and a high of 7.3 over LG. 2017 it fell to a low of 3.1 over ML and a high of 4.3 over LG. A little better in 2018 with a low of 3.4 over LG and a high of 4.8 over RG.

Overall still much better than Monty's 2019 numbers but aside from 2016, nothing overly impressive.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
...but Montgomery has elite contact balance???