Welp, that was terrible. My quick takes...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
- Defense looks like they can play, if the offense does even a little bit and gives them a chance to rest. This was a very good OL and they mostly held their own until they were clearly gassed in the second half.

- Welcome to the NFL rook. 9 sacks? JFC.

- Pass protection sucked. See above.

- I don't put a lot of this on Fields. I guess the silver lining is that despite the constant pressure, no ints or fumbles.

- Matt Nagy needs to give up playcalling or GTFO.

Now I'm going to take a nap (again). It worked out great last week.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
- I don't put a lot of this on Fields. I guess the silver lining is that despite the constant pressure, no ints or fumbles.
Should we start Dalton?

Don't be biased. The Rams D is better than the Browns D (confirmed by many on CCS) and Dalton looked much better.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
- Defense looks like they can play, if the offense does even a little bit and gives them a chance to rest. This was a very good OL and they mostly held their own until they were clearly gassed in the second half.

- Welcome to the NFL rook. 9 sacks? JFC.

- Pass protection sucked. See above.

- Matt Nagy needs to give up playcalling or GTFO.

Now I'm going to take a nap (again). It worked out great last week.
We know the biggest issue is and has been Nagy but Fields did make a ton of mistakes today.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
how Nagy can review the pathetic, non-scoring O every fucking week and not conclude the play calling sucks is craziness. the assistant coaches gotta get in his ear and point the obvious out to him.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Bros, it's time for a fire sale. How many more 9 sack games can the rook take before he's on IR? This roster needs blowing up. GM/HC need to go and if I'm named McCaskey I direct Pace to start moving contracts out for future picks

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Firing Nagy makes no sense. But taking away play calling duties from him does. Something needs to happen ASAP for sure…
Good old Matt can't overcome his pride, and will not give up play calling. Someone needs to pull him aside and tell him he's not all that and a bag of potato chips when it comes to being an offensive genius, or else your fired.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's going to be a long flight home.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should we start Dalton?

Don't be biased. The Rams D is better than the Browns D (confirmed by many on CCS) and Dalton looked much better.
FOR A SERIES. Then it was more of the same

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I felt like Fields could have gotten rid of the ball on 4 or 5 of those sacks. 9 sacks is because he is learning. Dalton would have spike most of those. And I'll say it. If healthy, 100% Nagy should absolutely stay home and not start.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Should we start Dalton?

I honestly don't know. Before the game, I didn't think there was any scenario where you would want to go back to Dalton. But that was before I realized that Nagy will completely ruin the kid. I would rather he ruin Dalton. I don't think either of them can overcome his ineptitude this year.

rextc

Liked Posts:
"We'll watch the tape and clean some things up. This is on me. But we will get better. On a side not note we will tryout 16 running backs this week. " Matt Nagy

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know. Before the game, I didn't think there was any scenario where you would want to go back to Dalton. But that was before I realized that Nagy will completely ruin the kid. I would rather he ruin Dalton. I don't think either of them can overcome his ineptitude this year.
Both Nagy and Fields have the same coach, same bad playcalling - one guy was much better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's make things clear. Nagy and the OL sucked. That is a given. However true franchise QBs show even when everything around them sucks flashes of brilliance.

We saw it with Herbert last year. All the people clamoring for Fields said he may struggle but show those flashes of briliance.

The disappointing thing today is that he showed none of those flashes today. There was no brilliant scamble. No hitting Mooney on a dime for a TD when he was wide open. No elevating the players around him. He played more like Trubisky today than Herbert where he let the shit show around him bring him down to their level.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is garbage but I feel a lot of this fan base is delving in to magical thinking. Regardless of who the play caller or head coach is they need five new starters for the OL. That will take Teflon Ryan about ten years.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The only thing the real estate is right about is that fields isn't ready......but part if that is on him to get him ready which he can't do because...well....he's a fuking real estate agent

Get rid of this guy