What’s the worst offseason idea George can come up with?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because I’m a Bears fan I always ask, “what’s the worst fucking idea George can come up with that still kinda makes sense?”

I have one:

1: Bears keep Eberflus and Poles.

2: Bears fire Getsy.

3: Bears hire Josh McDaniels. Why? He has the Eberflus connection where Flus was going to be his DC. And if there is one thing we should all know about the Bears…. they hire people they know. They don’t go outside their little circle.

Also, Josh will never be a head coach again. He is a horrible HC….but….. he is a proven offensive coordinator. They can pitch it as experience and stability for the offense.

4: Trade Fields for a 2nd and future mid round pick. (Atlanta maybe)

5: Gird your loins….. trade a 3rd for Mac Jones. Why? (First of all because the Bears hate us) Second, once upon a time with Josh as his OC, Mac Jones almost passed for the mythical 4,000 yards as a rookie. And he went to the Pro Bowl!

6: Trade down.

7: With the ensuing haul go HEAVY TRENCHES.

8: Bears go into next season with a young dominant defense.

9: Bears fans spend training camp arguing over who’s better…. Bagent or Mac Jones!

:bearstroll:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Passing on Harbaugh because of any reason, whether that be price or not wanting to deal with his quirkiness or whatever else. If you can get Harbaugh then you f-ing get him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because I’m a Bears fan I always ask, “what’s the worst fucking idea George can come up with that still kinda makes sense?”

I have one:

3: Bears hire Josh McDaniels. Why? He has the Eberflus connection where Flus was going to be his DC. And if there is one thing we should all know about the Bears…. they hire people they know. They don’t go outside their little circle.

Also, Josh will never be a head coach again. He is a horrible HC….but….. he is a proven offensive coordinator. They can pitch it as experience and stability for the offense.

5: Gird your loins….. trade a 3rd for Mac Jones. Why? (First of all because the Bears hate us) Second, once upon a time with Josh as his OC, Mac Jones almost passed for the mythical 4,000 yards as a rookie. And he went to the Pro Bowl!

9: Bears fans spend training camp arguing over who’s better…. Bagent or Mac Jones!

This appears to be more than one bad idea fyi

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
To me its the "I dont know how to hire a good GM so I'll pay a consultant (Bill Polian) to find one for me, but then also pay a consulting fee to an agent (Trace Armstrong) to run a parallel search, and then when they somehow come up with a name that is connected/influence by both of them I wont see the glaringly obvious conflict of interest."

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Keeping Eberflus and drafting a rookie quarterback would be the worst scenario possible because they'd be repeating the same exact mistake they made with Trubisky and Fields.

They set both guys up to fail by pairing them up with two lame duck coaches who were then subsequently fired a year later while bringing in a new coach who didn't draft the current guy, and then forcing that quarterback to learn two different offenses in two years.

I'd like to think this is one of the reasons Kevin Warren was brought here to keep this franchise from making such horrible decisions, but given George was the one who hired him, I can't say I'm confident things will be different this time around.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Keeping Eberflus and drafting a rookie quarterback would be the worst scenario possible because they'd be repeating the same exact mistake they made with Trubisky and Fields.

They set both guys up to fail by pairing them up with two lame duck coaches who were then subsequently fired a year later while bringing in a new coach who didn't draft the current guy, and then forcing that quarterback to learn two different offenses in two years.

I'd like to think this is one of the reasons Kevin Warren was brought here to keep this franchise from making such horrible decisions, but given George was the one who hired him, I can't say I'm confident things will be different this time around.

I’ll co-sign the bolded part.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I have one:

You made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Not because your scenario is awful....

... but because the McCaskeys are so clueless and awful that I can't completely rule it out....

mecha

Liked Posts:

I have one:

not creating a mock draft subforum at CCS so that the rest of us that don't care about imaginary hypothetical scenarios that will never materialize anyway can laugh at the rest of the nerds that think they're visionaries because they know how to trade players in Madden or some shit

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
not creating a mock draft subforum at CCS so that the rest of us that don't care about imaginary hypothetical scenarios that will never materialize anyway can laugh at the rest of the nerds that think they're visionaries because they know how to trade players in Madden or some shit

@PrideisBears @bamainatlanta thoughts? I’m on board.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bringing back the Honey Bears. Chicago was visionary when they dismantled an archaic practice which really only serves to promote the objectification of women, further issues with unrealistic body standards, and we have to contend with heavy mouth-breathing and drooling from simping, overweight, middled aged men lasciviously eye-fucking respectable young women.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But do we even know when the fucking draft is? I sure as hell don’t.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

I have one:

That looks more like 9 things instead of one, all worse than the next choice.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I have one:

The worst idea "King" George could come up with is to put himself back into a decision-making position on football matters.

It took awile for the Kingster to realize he had no business in the war-room, and it was painful and laborious to wait the process out. but I do have to give George credit for recognizing he is a football buffoon and bringing in Warren and Poles (however they turn out) to run the team . . .