What are some actual positives from this year?

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Ka'Deem Carey. I know we have a tiny sample size, but I like how the guy hits the hole. He always manages to go forward. Like I said small sample size. It's a shame that he didn't get more PT, but we barely ran the ball this year.

Electro's Milkshake

Liked Posts:
Most of the talent added to the defense in the offseason were good additions, and with an actual DC might be a decent unit.

Nick80

I'm suprised Racer X hasn't told you all off for suggesting there is young TALENT on this team. He doesn't like that kind of thing.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
On Defense:

Stephen Paea
OK, one good yr in 4 in a contract yr...just don't overpay plz.
Jeremiah Ratliff
If he was in his 20s, id be stoked. Guy will be gone by the next time the Bears are playing for anything.
Willie Young
Hear that SNAP!......ya...
Allen - has played better recently
Better than what. Old and bad...lost 2 steps and simply can't make an impact anymore; how anyone could see Allen as a positive this defies reality.
Ego - will get better
Ok, still not an impact player at DT.
Sutton - will get better
Ditto, has flashed though

C. Jones - will get better
Agreed
Bostic - improved from last year
Agreed
Williams - will be gone
LOL, not really a positive until they replace him.

Fuller - will get better and then even better
Love him. Still we need to grab an oversized C or S at some point to match up with some of these monsters
Hurst - flashed
Yup
Louis-Jean - flashed
.....well, maybe....uhhh, not as much as hurst imho, but I missed some games down the stretch.
Add all that in with another quality draft and an actual NFL worthy DC and we could have a decent D.
uh, what?

Maybe 2 drafts and that's optimistic. You are going to lose Ratliff soon to age. You might not have a legit starter at Safety, you have NO ONE TO RUSH THE PASSER FROM THE EDGE consistently....you need 1/2 LBackers....Jennings is 31 tomorrow. This isn't a one draft deal.

On Offense:

Trestman - exposed -> gone
Yup.
Cutler - exposed
Yup.

Long - actually earned a PB this year
Yup.
Ola - solid versatile backup
Yup.

Jeffery (minus last week)
....Already knew that.
Forte
Getting older....going to need a replacement soon.
Bennett
Yup, in his prime. Hopefully won't be 33 when the Bears are contending again.
Wilson - will get better
Not enough info. Has looked decent of late.

Add all that with the return of Slauson & Marshall, a new center, a less mistake prone QB, and an actual NFL OC and we could have a pretty potent offense.
Slauson isn't some amazing OLman. You still have a hot mess at RT. LT hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. Center is obviously a dumpster fire unless you think DLP can simply slide in and perform at a high level. If that is so, why the heck didn't he start down the stretch here. Garza is done.

ST's are just a fucking mess, but...
Yup.

Mariani - looks serviceable

Nope.

Gould- will be back

Definitely love Gould, but this season was not a relative positive in his career- be honest.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

This isn't a team that is one yr from anything remorely close to being a good football team.

You can spin it all you want, but this is an old team in need of a rebuilt not a retool...especially on defense, and even more obvious with Willie Young's horrendous injury that may or may not end his career/2015 effectiveness.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I'm suprised Racer X hasn't told you all off for suggesting there is young TALENT on this team. He doesn't like that kind of thing.

There is some; there certainly isn't a lot to be overjoyed about.

This is an old roster in need of a rebuild.