What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i went from surviving the horde to surviving the cold.... im playing the long dark. its idk..

i like the idea but some things bother me. ive only played one game and survived 3 fucking days. i died from hypothermia while on a fishing trip. i finally managed to get some gear and caught some fish, but being new to the game i didnt realize how cold the fuck was. i tried to walk back to me camp after catching 3 fish.... i only left the fishing hole because dude got tired and needed sleep after catching 3 whole fish.. wtf.... he fell dead at the cabin doorsteps. i had been out for ages before and never died from the cold, even when in freezing status, but apparently fishing is even mo super coldz... especially if you dont start a fire inside the fishing hut while fishing.

Lol why do I feel like the next post will go:

"OK I got way mo woodz and I haz 500 fires burning round me cabin at all timez. I also have 2,000 game traps and I build a greenhouse where I iz growin 5,000 tomato plants. I even haz a portable campfire strapped to me back, but sometimes it duz light me on firez. Dis game gets a bit easy once yuor learnin wut to spamz"

AussieBear

Lol why do I feel like the next post will go:

"OK I got way mo woodz and I haz 500 fires burning round me cabin at all timez. I also have 2,000 game traps and I build a greenhouse where I iz growin 5,000 tomato plants. I even haz a portable campfire strapped to me back, but sometimes it duz light me on firez. Dis game gets a bit easy once yuor learnin wut to spamz"

nah still more focused on me side scroller course... i just got on da steam cause me nephew got a laptop fer xmas.. so i sent him a handful of games and picked dis one up fer me in da process up

i played a second game and got the hang of it but still died day 7 by sum crazy arse wolf attack.. i didnt know the process of how to react to an attack.... then i turned it off. once you die your save is gone and you gotta start over completely.... sum fun aspects to it, but a lot of ticky tack shit i can rip. being that i havent put tons of hours in it.. i dont wanna give it dat half assed review.. it is on sale for about 8 dolla or so from dat 30 sumin normal price i wouldnt pay..

btw good luck getting 5000 wood... you cant chop down trees... at least not that im aware of..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
nah still more focused on me side scroller course... i just got on da steam cause me nephew got a laptop fer xmas.. so i sent him a handful of games and picked dis one up fer me in da process up

i played a second game and got the hang of it but still died day 7 by sum crazy arse wolf attack.. i didnt know the process of how to react to an attack.... then i turned it off. once you die your save is gone and you gotta start over completely.... sum fun aspects to it, but a lot of ticky tack shit i can rip. being that i havent put tons of hours in it.. i dont wanna give it dat half assed review.. it is on sale for about 8 dolla or so from dat 30 sumin normal price i wouldnt pay..

btw good luck getting 5000 wood... you cant chop down trees... at least not that im aware of..

Hmmm I just imagined you going crazy like in 7D2D.... how do you get wood/material for fires without gathering it?

AussieBear

Hmmm I just imagined you going crazy like in 7D2D.... how do you get wood/material for fires without gathering it?

7d2d restarted dat old minecraft itch... that has been severely scratched to death.. in the long dark you can gather wood by picking up sticks.. processing some branches by hand or tree limbs with a tool. i don't get any sort of indicator on large trees.. living or dead. you can bust up some wooden furniture for wood too... ive read a lil on the game but im trying to stay a lil blind to make it harder. i havent played any of the story mode which i heard sucks.. i just play survival mode... the end of the game is when you die..

the game is basically you vs mother nature... cant jump.. dats dumb.. been injured pretty bad from falls that dont seem high... blah... got food poisoning from eating a fresh raw fish.. whatever.. nearly died from that... so you should cook them... you cant really multitask with chores.. lame... i go to sleep for 10 hours full on food and water..yet i wake up with water and food levels near or at zero.. lame.. you dont have to sleep 10 hrs.. just saying.. concept is okay... if someone reworked some of the lil stuff, it could be a decent game.. fan bois love it as is though..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
7d2d restarted dat old minecraft itch... that has been severely scratched to death.. in the long dark you can gather wood by picking up sticks.. processing some branches by hand or tree limbs with a tool. i don't get any sort of indicator on large trees.. living or dead. you can bust up some wooden furniture for wood too... ive read a lil on the game but im trying to stay a lil blind to make it harder. i havent played any of the story mode which i heard sucks.. i just play survival mode... the end of the game is when you die..

the game is basically you vs mother nature... cant jump.. dats dumb.. been injured pretty bad from falls that dont seem high... blah... got food poisoning from eating a fresh raw fish.. whatever.. nearly died from that... so you should cook them... you cant really multitask with chores.. lame... i go to sleep for 10 hours full on food and water..yet i wake up with water and food levels near or at zero.. lame.. you dont have to sleep 10 hrs.. just saying.. concept is okay... if someone reworked some of the lil stuff, it could be a decent game.. fan bois love it as is though..

This is giving me an idea for a game like this but where the world is full of vampires.... some kind of Nuclear Winter allows them to come out of the shadows.

Could be interesting.... could work in a component where you can be turned and then have different survival needs/challenges as a vampire.

AussieBear

This is giving me an idea for a game like this but where the world is full of vampires.... some kind of Nuclear Winter allows them to come out of the shadows.

Could be interesting.... could work in a component where you can be turned and then have different survival needs/challenges as a vampire.

i think the survival/crafting genre has a long life still to come.. im sure a vampire game could thrive.. all those lil kids playing minecraft/roblox etc have to grow up into more mature versions of the game at some point. sprinkle in those kids who were fans of twilight and you may have a hit. vamps and werewolves u say

a few guys could pull it off...1-3 could get it to a alpha release for sure.

the long dark was partially funded by canada (some sort of grant at some point) and built on the free edition of unity. so its possible to start learning to build games with free tools in that genre if u be serious...

long dark done fucked up.. why make it a roll of the dice to start fire.. i get certain scenarios could make it harder or impossible.. but when ye got gas, dry paper, twigs, logs in a wood burning stove and the shit dont start .. fuck dat..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i think the survival/crafting genre has a long life still to come.. im sure a vampire game could thrive.. all those lil kids playing minecraft/roblox etc have to grow up into more mature versions of the game at some point. sprinkle in those kids who were fans of twilight and you may have a hit. vamps and werewolves u say

a few guys could pull it off...1-3 could get it to a alpha release for sure.

the long dark was partially funded by canada (some sort of grant at some point) and built on the free edition of unity. so its possible to start learning to build games with free tools in that genre if u be serious...

long dark done fucked up.. why make it a roll of the dice to start fire.. i get certain scenarios could make it harder or impossible.. but when ye got gas, dry paper, twigs, logs in a wood burning stove and the shit dont start .. fuck dat..

Werewolves DLC breh... duh

AussieBear

Werewolves DLC breh... duh

fuck dlcs and microtransactions.. member when games rewarded you for completion or other goals.. fuck these half assed greedy companies.. selling 1/4 games at a time..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
fuck dlcs and microtransactions.. member when games rewarded you for completion or other goals.. fuck these half assed greedy companies.. selling 1/4 games at a time..

Ima make the game unplayable unless you buy like 13 DLC which are just the 13 base modules the game needs to function.

And that is just Alpha and they will have paid me like 200$ just to get the chance to bug test for me.

AussieBear

Ima make the game unplayable unless you buy like 13 DLC which are just the 13 base modules the game needs to function.

And that is just Alpha and they will have paid me like 200$ just to get the chance to bug test for me.

well dont forget the kickstarter campaign too

AussieBear

well thought id play the long dark for a few before going to sleep.. fyi.. DONT BUY THIS GAME. while there is some annoying shit, there is a serious flaw in the game. players can get stuck in the terrain.

devs issue to resolves this is to load a save if the game hadnt autosaved before getting stuck. hey ya fucks a jump button would solve dat. christ..

first game ive requested a refund for on steam.. fuck dat. what a waste.. it could have been a decent game. if you dont mind that flaw.. have at it..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well thought id play the long dark for a few before going to sleep.. fyi.. DONT BUY THIS GAME. while there is some annoying shit, there is a serious flaw in the game. players can get stuck in the terrain.

devs issue to resolves this is to load a save if the game hadnt autosaved before getting stuck. hey ya fucks a jump button would solve dat. christ..

first game ive requested a refund for on steam.. fuck dat. what a waste.. it could have been a decent game. if you dont mind that flaw.. have at it..

Jump button DLC.... will sell like hotcakes mane

AussieBear

Jump button DLC.... will sell like hotcakes mane

doubt it... jumping would break the already broken game.. to be fair its still a decent game. if they made fall trap scenarios and say a log, boulder etc fell on you and you got trapped.. dying a slow painful death would be okay..eaten by a wolf while trapped would be coo.... innovative gameplay yo.. i guess if just your arm or leg got trapped you could cut your shit off and if you survived you would have one less limb

i tried to play more to be fair to dat small team thats in a hiring cycle. i just make sure to avoid areas that look like it could be terrain deaths..

in the process of playing this i figured out your winter nightmare for some reason.. brain be still running on the other world when i be playing games... chernobyl... zombies and/or perhaps mutated day walking vamps..

if i ever tried to make a survival game.. the choice to be a semi or full on cannibal would exist..

AussieBear

Steam denied my request for a refund because i had passed the 2hr threshold. Being that they denied me request i played the game further.

After further review, the long dark is worth the sales price @ less than 10 dollar. One could argue its full 30 sumin price tag is still good value considering the amount of time one could spend playing dis game.

Once the new game smell wears off and you learn the mechanics/concepts the game can get stale. Living on certain maps and playing on different difficulty levels can change the game for sure.

For example, starting on the default mystery lake map became easy after upgrading my clothing with a few furs, but moving over to the pleasant valley map leaves me exposed to the elements once again.

I think there are 8 maps that are connected to on another..... all the maps are cold but pleasant valley is brutal. -30c most days with a lot of blizzards.. but it does has a lot of resources. This has required me to seek out bears to make a bear fur coat. I had been avoiding bears due to limited ammo, but finally killed me first bear today. It took nearly 2 days to gut up and cook the entire bear (also includes hiking time between killzone and my camp). The curing process of the hide will take 12 in game days and i still need another fur to make said coat.

The main weapons are limited to basically a bow and a rifle. Both weapons will degrade over time. The rifle can get extended life via cleaning kits, but the bow cannot be repaired. Finding the correct wood to make a bow seems pretty rare, so you really need to conserve its life.

The arrows are reusable, which is nice, but it will also break over time. They can be harvested to return the arrowhead and feathers, but you will need to replace that specific wood type too.. which is also rare.. To even make arrow heads, one needs to find a forge - there isnt building forges in this game.. rifle ammo is pretty scarce too (there is no ammo crafting available)..

Small game is limited to rabbits... one can waste time trying to use snares or one could learn how to throw stones.. i wish there were more small game and fur types to craft more things..

Speaking of crafting.. its fairly limited to a few tools and clothing.. no making bases

Other food sources would be deer, fish, cattail stalks and pre packaged foods you can find... all foods do degrade over time. i found that storing meat outside on the ground lasts long than it does inside in cabinets and the such.. the fish supply seems endless, but its balanced by low calories for the most part. there will be a few fish from time to time with big cal numbers.. they also provide a lil oil for laterns once cooked.

One needs to really plan ahead or you can easily die in this game due to starvation, hypothermia or even being mauled by wolves, moose or bear... if you are carrying raw/cooked meat.. be very mindful of wolves.. they can smell ya from a good distance.

ive killed plenty of wolves with the rifle, but now i let them attack me if they are alone and im not doing something else with my time. i avoid packs. a solo wolf will jump on you but you can attack it back in a mash button cut scene. the wolf will run off but you can track it down for its meat, fur and guts following its blood drops.. you will have to fix yourself up in the process and repair your clothing as well if using this strategy.

better rest up or your strength will tank and slow you to a standstill and death.

like i said before the goal is to survive.. once you die the game is over.. theres no going back to get your gear.. no reloading a save - its gone.

wish there were more animal types.. mountain lions.. different bears.. idk

before this goes on and on..

the game is solid for what it is.. could have been great... but its a small indie team.. its still worth a play if you like survival games..

AussieBear

Good review of it.

i got more but eh. its on xbox 1.. if you ever think about buying it and got more q's, just ask..

i do like the art style considering the simple palette of colors...

night time aurora

1504876475_2.jpg

stone da rabbit gif.. can ye break its neck or not..

lH9EJ9I.gif

no head/back shoulder shot? better track that deers blood.

giphy.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been playing Assassin's Creed Origins. Might be my favorite in the series thus far probably because I like Egyptian histroy.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Yeah, now you gotta wait until the super duper edition comes out a year later just to get the full game.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils