What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

AussieBear

The latest one?

yeah...

it was fun enough.. i enjoyed the playthrough but at one point it just felt like i was fighting the same waves of enemies on different levels using the same strategies... its worth a playthrough.. doubt id ever replay it again though. multiplayer is dead for that game in aus/oceanic at the time.. so i didnt get any play value from that here.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Come to think of it I almost never replay FPS games.... not sure why.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Come to think of it I almost never replay FPS games.... not sure why.

i dont replay games period. once is enough. no matter how much i like a game a second run is dull as shit to me. i dont know how the hell people play through long ass RPGs multiple times.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i dont replay games period. once is enough. no matter how much i like a game a second run is dull as shit to me. i dont know how the hell people play through long ass RPGs multiple times.

I replayed ME2 and most of ME3.... it isn't the same when you're experiencing story you already know.

But in general I am with you.... I love Assassin's Creed, I just do.... but I have yet to replay one.

I kinda replayed Dragon's Age Origins, but only because I didn't finish it my first play thru.

RTS/4X/Strategy games like Stellaris/Total War or building games like Anno 2070 and such I suppose you "replay"... they are intended for multiple plays.

7D2D I continue to replay because it has no campaign... you just start a play thru and survive/build as long as you can or as long as you remain interested.

But in general if it has a story/campaign I almost never replay it

AussieBear

i generally only replay a story game if it exceeded expectations and blew me away.. Resident Evil 4 was one. The step up to PS1 and FF7 was another.. Mario 3.. etc.. if i had a working ps3 id probably replay the last of us on a harder level... FPS, replays not so much.. mohaa, cod and a few others from back in the day.. nothing recent.

yes the 4x///rts//survivorbuilder//sports ect are different..

AussieBear

square edios n dc products be on sale on steam this weekend...

all the tomb raiders are on sale.. final fantasy... etc

picked up the first injustce for under 5 bucks... so that means its time to download and install mortal kombat x so i can get to injustice at some point.... shits sitting at 10 fucking hours to go..

the arkham series is under 5 bucks a piece i think.. i have asylum, city.. may get knight..

the new deus ex is 5-6 bucks too. if i were more blown away with human revolutions id probably be more excited n pick this one up..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
finished doom. yeah, it got repetitive and i had had enough by the end. its fun for what it is but like i said, never really felt like doom to me, and i just want something more from a game. i dont know how people say its a throw back to the original, it played more like an arena shooter and quake than the original doom imo.

anyway, without intending to, im on a bit of a reboot kick and im playing another one now...resident evil 7. now, thats how you do a reboot. i have fond memories of the original. i remember being in walmart when i was 12/13 and flipping through a gaming magazine and coming across an early preview for a game called resident evil in which you explore an old creepy mansion and blow zombies heads off. and i knew i needed to play that game. i didnt even have a play station at the time so i planned to trade in all my other consoles and my mom was like, "youll never get that much for a trade in." and i had already figured it all out and told her i would but she didnt believe it and bet me a play station. needless to say i soon had a ps and resident evil on pre order. i still remember the day the game finally released and i went to EB at the mall to pick it up.

back to the reboot, re7 is resident evil through and through. it hearkens back to the original, capturing the mood and atmosphere as well as the game play but does so while changing to a FP perspective making it even more immersive.

on a side note, while i expected gore, its a hell of a lot gorier than i expected.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
finished doom. yeah, it got repetitive and i had had enough by the end. its fun for what it is but like i said, never really felt like doom to me, and i just want something more from a game. i dont know how people say its a throw back to the original, it played more like an arena shooter and quake than the original doom imo.

anyway, without intending to, im on a bit of a reboot kick and im playing another one now...resident evil 7. now, thats how you do a reboot. i have fond memories of the original. i remember being in walmart when i was 12/13 and flipping through a gaming magazine and coming across an early preview for a game called resident evil in which you explore an old creepy mansion and blow zombies heads off. and i knew i needed to play that game. i didnt even have a play station at the time so i planned to trade in all my other consoles and my mom was like, "youll never get that much for a trade in." and i had already figured it all out and told her i would but she didnt believe it and bet me a play station. needless to say i soon had a ps and resident evil on pre order. i still remember the day the game finally released and i went to EB at the mall to pick it up.

back to the reboot, re7 is resident evil through and through. it hearkens back to the original, capturing the mood and atmosphere as well as the game play but does so while changing to a FP perspective making it even more immersive.

on a side note, while i expected gore, its a hell of a lot gorier than i expected.

Call me a pussy, but I had to stop playing RE7 b/c it was creeping me out too much.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Call me a pussy, but I had to stop playing RE7 b/c it was creeping me out too much.

it definitely puts me on edge and has gotten me to jump and curse out loud on more than a few occasions. lol

thats the thing about good horror games, you want to keep playing but at the same time feel like you need a break.

AussieBear

MK X.. decent, looks real guud and be nostalgic. learning the moves are simple enough, but taking it to another level n combining combos to get real guud and have them huge damage hit pro combos... doubt i put in that kind of time..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Condemned on Xbox 360 used to freak me out too. I used to play it with the lights off, made it extra scary.

that was a good game.(didnt like the 2nd much from the little i played.)

besides rpgs my favorite games are probably survival horror with an emphasis on mood and atmosphere. i love that shit. i wish horror rpgs were more of a thing. vampire the masquerade bloodlines was the closest and its one of the best games ever. the upcoming vampyre might fit the bill.

the old kings fields and soulsborne games are to some extent, at least when it come to atmosphere(especially kings field 4), but they are too combat oriented and lacking in the RPing area to really fit the bill.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

After playing the original F.E.A.R PC game I decided for the sequels I would enhance the experience by playing at night, in a totally dark theater room, with a headset on that pretty much noise-isolated me.

Idk if this is the same kinda creep out you experienced, but if so... I get it lol

When they get the immersion factor right, it is hard to remind yourself that you are in no real danger.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still playing mlb17 show in year 2 of my Cubs franchise. Also started playing fortnight, I watched my oldest son and his buddies play the game the entire weekend. Ended up downloading it on ps4 and xbone. Game is actually fun and addicting.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
After playing the original F.E.A.R PC game I decided for the sequels I would enhance the experience by playing at night, in a totally dark theater room, with a headset on that pretty much noise-isolated me.

Idk if this is the same kinda creep out you experienced, but if so... I get it lol

When they get the immersion factor right, it is hard to remind yourself that you are in no real danger.

Yeah, that was exactly my experience. Played at night, lights off, headphones on. And I didn't last more than 30 minutes before I had to turn the game off, lol. Damn, RE7 was so immersive though. I actually felt like I was walking inside some dude's creepy house in the Louisiana Bayou. Graphics made it feel so realistic, too.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was exactly my experience. Played at night, lights off, headphones on. And I didn't last more than 30 minutes before I had to turn the game off, lol. Damn, RE7 was so immersive though. I actually felt like I was walking inside some dude's creepy house in the Louisiana Bayou. Graphics made it feel so realistic, too.

yeah, the graphics in re7 are impressive. im playing on pc maxed out at 1440p. the textures might be muddy at times, especially up close, but overall the game look amazing. its the level of detail that really elevates it.

speaking of fear(i loved the orinal and the 2nd had a hell of an ending)... re7 spoilers follow
i really didnt expect re7 to take the j-horror creepy little girl route.
i feel kind of mixed about it, in that on the one hand it was a surprise and when done well can be interesting, but on the other hand was a little generic.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hearts of Iron was on sale.... have had it on my wishlist to try out so I picked it up last night.... didn't have much time to play it yet.

Considering I've been spending alot of time lately on Stellaris 2.0 and Paradox makes both games, I am hoping the learning curve for Hearts of Iron 4 will be lesser.

It has the same look/feel in the UI/controls as Stellaris.

AussieBear

mkx is okay n fun enough single player fer awhile, but its getting boring.. online be dead and i aint young with tons of friends who be wanting to play mk fer hours when i wanna play.. fighting games, like a lot of fps be better when they first come out cause of dat online presence.

maybe time to move on to metal gear rising finally or mad max..... might dust off the 360 or wii.. need to get sm galaxies. or invest into another ps3 or a switch at some point so i can play da new zelda.. or maybe nothing.. i hit the gaming boredom again...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Finally got to finish Torchlight. There's a proper 3x res everything pack free on modsites. But it looks good already.

I grabbed Torchlight 2. People say it's way better, so I'm stoked to try it, because the first one was properly good. From the makers of Diablo 1 and 2, so if you like those, you'll love these.