What can the Blackhawks do with their salary cap room?

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Taking on bad contracts for other assets is just one way the Hawks can get creative with the salary cap space they have.

What are some other ideas? Feel free to be as creative as you want.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t take any of those contracts without first round picks attached. Kilorn I’d want two for seven million and the Hawks have the bolts next two first rounders.

Looch brings nothing, I think the flames just keep him. Smith is washed up and would make the third line better then the urinal we have right now. Pass.

What the Hawks need to do is try and swindle either Laff or Kakko out of the Rags along with their first for Kane retained. I think both turn the corner this year and KD needs to make that move soon.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those three would look good here right now.

Lucic-Athansou?-Kane
Reichel-Toews-Smith
Domi-Johnson-Killorn

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t take any of those contracts without first round picks attached. Kilorn I’d want two for seven million and the Hawks have the bolts next two first rounders.

Looch brings nothing, I think the flames just keep him. Smith is washed up and would make the third line better then the urinal we have right now. Pass.

What the Hawks need to do is try and swindle either Laff or Kakko out of the Rags along with their first for Kane retained. I think both turn the corner this year and KD needs to make that move soon.
Don't disagree. But very much like last draft I'm all about accumulation at this point so if you can even get anything it's kind of free money by the end of the year cuz hopefully they would get enough to use together to trade up to get another first at the least. Ideally yes you do get a first for all of them

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Don't disagree. But very much like last draft I'm all about accumulation at this point so if you can even get anything it's kind of free money by the end of the year cuz hopefully they would get enough to use together to trade up to get another first at the least. Ideally yes you do get a first for all of them
I think the closer you get to this draft the less teams will be willing to trade first rounders.

Just watching some juniors and a lot of euro I’m really starting to think your looking at 20-25 top end talents here. Two generational talents and 20 guys who can be top line/top pairing guys.

This is the draft that makes or breaks KD. If he fucks this draft up he’s going to really put this organization in the shitter for a decade and I’m not to impressed with anybody past the second round as an impact guy and even then, I think you start rolling the dice around pick 40.

I’m a perfect world, KD gets four first rounders. He already has two. That’s a start.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the problem with the three mentioned is we wouldn’t be shitty enough for top 2 pick odds.

We could be a third party cap eater to move them to a contender though.

Craig Smith is a good top 6 player(with stretch speed),the Bruins just have glorious depth, and admittedly good enough guys to plug him into a balanced top 6 role.

Last edited: