What Changes Do You Want To Do To Wrigley?

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it'd be hard to have both teams playing at the Cell. Unless the Cubs play at home when the Sox are on the road and vice versa.

Its how they do it now.

THe only time they both play in chicago is when they play each other.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I've been to Wrigley countless times in my life, lived in Wrigleyville, & I can still say the place is a shit hole. The field itself finally looks great & how long did that take? The bathrooms I won't even go in unless I have to, & after a beer an inning, well, it's an unfortunate sacrifice one has to make. I would tear down everything inside, keep the facade with the ivy & scoreboard that's it. Everything else has to go. And get some decent food for chrissakes!

Also, and I don't know why this hasn't been done yet, close off clark, addison, waveland, & sheffield around the park during the games & make it a big block party, with tents, street perfomers, food, the works. On game day it's ridiculously crowded around the park anyways. I think it would make it safer, more fun for everyone, & generate even more revenue.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been to Wrigley countless times in my life, lived in Wrigleyville, & I can still say the place is a shit hole. The field itself finally looks great & how long did that take? The bathrooms I won't even go in unless I have to, & after a beer an inning, well, it's an unfortunate sacrifice one has to make. I would tear down everything inside, keep the facade with the ivy & scoreboard that's it. Everything else has to go. And get some decent food for chrissakes!

Also, and I don't know why this hasn't been done yet, close off clark, addison, waveland, & sheffield around the park during the games & make it a big block party, with tents, street perfomers, food, the works. On game day it's ridiculously crowded around the park anyways. I think it would make it safer, more fun for everyone, & generate even more revenue.

I wake up in the mornin' feelin' like you.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I was at Wrigley on Saturday so I'll give my intake on the matter.

The lower level was really nice. Liked all the banners of Cubs greats, well kept, cramped but we got there early before a lot of people so that wasn't too terrible of an issue.

But the upper deck was just awful.
- Nets to catch falling concrete
- Steep Upper deck
- Floors were filthy (even before first pitch)
- Rusted seats
- Cramped
- Bathrooms, yikes.

I thought the scoreboard was kind of overrated too. In fact to keep it historical is kind of an oxymoron anyway. When you have LED ribbon underneath is and along the side of the upper deck, the Toyota sign, I don't think that is the ideal for a park trying to pretend its still the early 20th century.

Build a new one. It'll be worth it. Keep it like the old Wrigley, but a more modernized version that is clean and spacious and what not.

And if having a modern facility is mallball!!!!!!!!!!!1 then I recommend getting your head out of your asses.

Last edited:

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be SO upset if Wrigley was just torn to shit. I agree that it's old as Moses and could definitely use some renovations, but Ricketts I think knows this and is accordingly taking this into consideration. The upper deck needs to be fixed, but that's really all. Wrigley itself is a small ball park, but I wouldn't say that it cramped by any means.