What do we do at WR if AJ leaves?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kudos for getting the ratio of their respective eliteness correct via text size. Howard and Brown are top class, but of course it's 4 who will really be the hero of our unstoppable offense.

Ok, despbro.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way Watson helps the Bears kick the shit out of the Packers is if the Packers trade Rodgers to the Bears for their #3 pick and the Packers pick Watson.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm genuinely curious...a guy who relied on designed run plays....who relied mainly on half of the field reads.....who threw 17 INTs....in COLLEGE....why does anyone think that number will improve in the pros? Running less....having to read the full field....against NFL caliber players.....?

Dude threw 17 INTs in 15 games in college? While running a shitload....where does the faith come in that he'll all of a sudden throw less INTs in the pro game? Genuinely curious....

Oh yeah...also has an ACL tear under his belt....hmm......I don't see any risk at all!

laputan

Liked Posts:
I'm genuinely curious...a guy who relied on designed run plays....who relied mainly on half of the field reads.....who threw 17 INTs....in COLLEGE....why does anyone think that number will improve in the pros? Running less....having to read the full field....against NFL caliber players.....?

Dude threw 17 INTs in 15 games in college? While running a shitload....where does the faith come in that he'll all of a sudden throw less INTs in the pro game? Genuinely curious....

Watson's numbers are inflated by the sheer number of passes he throws and the quality opposition.

Watson 2016: 579 attempts 17 interceptions
= 1 int per 34 attempts
#3 strength of schedule

Kizer 2016: 361 attempts 9 interceptions
= 1 int per 40 attempts
#28 strength of schedule

Pretty similar. But Trubisky and Kaaya do have way better numbers and Watson needs to clean up his game.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Watson's numbers are inflated by the sheer number of passes he throws and the quality opposition.

Watson 2016: 579 attempts 17 interceptions
= 1 int per 34 attempts
#3 strength of schedule

Kizer 2016: 361 attempts 9 interceptions
= 1 int per 40 attempts
#28 strength of schedule

Pretty similar. But Trubisky and Kaaya do have way better numbers and Watson needs to clean up his game.

I've made it pretty clear I'm not sold on any QBs at #3....I think one of the top 4 guys will be there in the 2nd round....and considering they all come with similar risk and they're all crap shoots....I don't see any reason to take one at #3 when the Bears could grab one in the 2nd, maybe even 3rd round.

laputan

Liked Posts:
I've made it pretty clear I'm not sold on any QBs at #3....I think one of the top 4 guys will be there in the 2nd round....and considering they all come with similar risk and they're all crap shoots....I don't see any reason to take one at #3 when the Bears could grab one in the 2nd, maybe even 3rd round.

Or maybe late 1st. Barkley impressively threw 1 int per 15 pass attempts this year, so we do need someone.

Jameis Winston was 1 in 26, Matt Ryan 1 in 34, Rodgers and Luck 1 in 40. So there is hope.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace will give AJ 5@75mil with 35 guaranteed, if he doesn't somebody else will. #calledit

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Pace will give AJ 5@75mil with 35 guaranteed, if he doesn't somebody else will. #calledit

35 mil guaranteed for a guy who just got 14 mil guaranteed and over the last 2 seasons hasn't even surpassed 900 yds and 4 TDs in a season? Ehhhhh.....honestly.....not too hot on that idea. I see the upside and sure, it could work out....but he certainly hasn't earned that. Not even close.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Hooker at 3, Bethard in the 4th

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
35 mil guaranteed for a guy who just got 14 mil guaranteed and over the last 2 seasons hasn't even surpassed 900 yds and 4 TDs in a season? Ehhhhh.....honestly.....not too hot on that idea. I see the upside and sure, it could work out....but he certainly hasn't earned that. Not even close.

I don't disagree, I just think some team will give him that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah let's not even bother making any serious effort to get a legit QB. Who needs that shit when we can have Ditka, polish sausage and a smash mouth defense. championship!!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I am a Hawkeyes fan, watched almost every game Beathard played at Iowa.

Fuck no.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As far as OP, the Bears absolutely need to sign Alshon. It is a must this offseason.

1) You can't continue to let your best players walk out the door.
2) You can't continue to create gaping holes when you already have countless. Alshon is the best available free agent WR and Corey Davis is not lasting until our 2nd round pick.
3) This is THE year where the Bears take their QB of the future. You have to give him a supporting cast to have a chance to be successful. Can you blame any QB for failing with Kevin White and Cameron Meredith as your starting WR.
4) You have the fucking cap space.

To me, this is the biggest no brainer of the offseason.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I am a Hawkeyes fan, watched almost every game Beathard played at Iowa.

Fuck no.
Hold on there Jimmy - only want Bethard as a little project for the future. I'm for trading next years first for your boy

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hold on there Jimmy - only want Bethard as a little project for the future. I'm for trading next years first for your boy

Next years first???
kgface_medium.gif

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Yeah I'm serious. No more risk than any other Jamoke we've drafted in the first round last ten years. That will prob be the asking price and I bet the pick will bee inn the 20s

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Jeffrey is great if not amazing at what he does well and that's on long passes where he is rarely ever open and makes impossible catches. His hands, catch radius and body control in the air are insane.

That being said, he needs a long time to get open and Ian rarely wide open due to his lack of speed, long strides and lack of quickness/shiftiness.

That's why he wasn't targeted as much with Hoyer and a quick/safe passing game. He just stays really slow in comparison to quick cornerbacks.

But, what Jeffery does well is extremely rare and very useful. I personally think we need to keep this guy for the deep threat alone. He constantly commands double teams bc even though he looks covered or isn't "open", he is impossible to truly cover bc if a qb puts it up and in a place where really only Jeffery can get it, he will! He's done this on a continuous basis.

The question is whether or not Jeffery wants to be targeted less and be the decoy for most of the game! He should be thrown to deep at minimum 5-6 times a game. He will go get it or be fouled at worst and it really opens up the other passing and run game.

We need to sign him

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Please accept my apologies.

Washington

Liked Posts:
We already have our future star just waiting to be unleashed and jump into that #1 role - Braverman!