What do we do long term at QB?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
No one is saying you can't enjoy it (because its football, I will either way) but you can't tell me you wouldn't be more excited about the Bears future than ever if were getting ready to watch Trevor Lawrence start for them week 1 of 2021

I'll take that over another 7-10 win defensive team that maxes out with one playoff win any day

The same people who push for this narrative are going to be unhappy either way. They are unhappy with a 10 win playoff team. And if we are terrible they are unhappy calling for everyone's jobs and complaining about every player on the field.

If you are the #1 pick you are far from reaching the superbowl. Your GM has been abysmal and just fired. Your coach was a complete failure and is done. You are in total and compleye rebuild mode. You're team is depleted of talent and you are at the beginning of a 3+ year turn around. It doesnt happen in a season. It doesnt even necessarily ever happen.

Look at the Cardinals, Browns, and Bengals. Even with their first overall pick, the Browns are trying to buy their way into success through free agency. They cant find a good coach.

The Cardinals have a little promise, but does anyone tale them seriously to win their division. It's a tough division no doubt, but they arent sniffing the playoffs.

Bengals have one year wonder Joe Burrow. Maybe he turns out, but he will have to fo it playing alongside s***

And now I'm guessing the Jags are the next team to essentially tank. Do you think they will be exciting even with Trevor Lawrence at the helmet. Nope. And I wouldn't be surprised if TL refuses to play for them.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If this camp has shown us anything, it is that neither Foles or Trubisky are someone we want to build around long term.

What do the Bears do get a long term QB in here?

Who are some names you like?
better offensive linemen.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1) Anthony Miller staying healthy is not a given as he clearly has an injury history. I wouldn’t count on it until it happens.
2) Ted Ginn is over 35 and Mooney hasn’t played a down yet. Again, I wouldn’t count on anything until we see it. We have TC hero’s every season.
3) Wimms and Ridley have done nothing. Like actually nothing.
4) Jimmy Graham is up there in age. It remains to be seen if he can continue to play at a high level when the season starts to take more of a toll on their bodies. Kmet has also done literally nothing.
5) Tarik Cohen’s regression was just as big of a regression as Mitch’s was last season. If Pace trots him out there as the #1 RB that would be pretty embarrassing.
6) you didn’t mention how brutal the OL was last season. Maybe Castillo turns it around, but maybe he doesn’t.
In summary, you HOPE there is lots of talent on the offense but a lot of is unproven. Again, right now looking at the offense objectively there is limited proven talent.
1) Anthony Miller staying healthy is not a given as he clearly has an injury history. I wouldn’t count on it until it happens.
i'm sooo sick of the miller bashing, dude tried to played thru his pain ffs, and when he does play he shows huge promises for a walk on.

here's my counter for everyone else, not just you tho..
2. ginn might not got any juice with it, so i don't want it. Mooney could be a inactive player on the 53.
3. we're stuck with them buddy. i'd say they both(wims&ridley) with be here for the entire season.
4. wow, wtf? lmao you way off here. the te's group is somehow our strongest position this offseason. look at they way cole pounded nagy's chest..Cole gots some Chicago & some Gronk in him.
5. doubt it, remember guys, Cohen is a gadget player, if Monty misses then Ryan Nall is getting his due, Maxwell will be an active player also when needed.
6. Arob*, Cordarrelle, Cody, Leno, are/were pro bowlers, Mitchell, Massie, Cohen had one also, can't except the all bears O players are probowlers/godly like players when there guys like Michael thomas, alvin kamara, Kittle, fuckin Mike Evans, Mccaffrey, Wilson, Rodgers, Tyron smith, etc. you just have to make our players work for the best of their abilities.

7.where's the fucking positivity at yall? we're going thru living hell of 2020, cops shooting people left and right, covid19, politics is fucking joke, cancelled sports, fucking bad weather everywhere, big ass earthquakes in the southwest, fires in cali, something was murdering Jay Cutler's chicken coop, no concerts, thots on the gram posting with masks, my rig breaking down, fuck you name it and it had done happened, but NOPE! too many of y'all wanna be trippin' and guess what? we ain't even play a game yet! and also, Winter 2020 ain't even happen yet either!!(ref. Winter for those of us in the mad ass MidWest.)

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
To match Angelo’s career he would need to

Make the playoffs 3 times

Make the NFC title game 2 times

Make the Super Bowl

In the next 6 years.

Good luck with that.
BeneficialRequiredAlpaca-size_restricted.gif

No props for Lovie?

I believe Lovie made JA better than JA actually is....
BogusVapidAsiandamselfly-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly, you take Trubisky or Foles and stick them on the 2006 team and we probably beat the Colts.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, you take Trubisky or Foles and stick them on the 2006 team and we probably beat the Colts.

1st time I've been reminded of 2006 this year.....as if 2020 wasn't bad enough.