What happens if Vegas is right?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see why the QB situation would affect Matt Nagy's status. Evidently, both Dalton & Fields have been on his wishlist for 2 years...he wanted Foles too.

How many coaches get that? How many coaches go into camp with 3 wishlist QBs?

If Nagy cannot produce a 16th ranked offense, he should be canned. Who cares about the final record?

Liked Posts:
Just because they have the bears as underdogs 14 out 17 games doesn’t mean they expect them to only win 3 games. The over/under is currently at 7.5

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I mean, I could see it. Prior to the draft, I thought they were a 4-5 win team before I realized there was going to be a 17th game.

Now that they've added Justin Fields, I've predicted them to be in that 6-7 win range, which I think is enough to not get fired a year after drafting a rookie quarterback.

If they win 3 games, usually that means the culture around the team is just as rotten as the talent. Very rarely does a team that bad not have locker room issues, or issues where players are quitting on a coach, and that almost always coincides with the coach being fired. There's no way Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace can withstand a season like that.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
They could end two separate, 6 game losing steaks and all get big extensions.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If the bookmakers are right - it would depend on when Fields starts

If he starts at home to Detroit and then leads the team on a nine game losing streak, Nagy will be gone. If he starts the last two games and looks good, Nagy stays.

But pre season odds are never much of an indication - no one knows (yet) what the Bears will look like this season. Too many new faces and a few key players coming back.
If Nagy leads a 9 game losing streak cause he sat on Fields and left Dalton out there...he stays? Are you high?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Depends how the offense looks. If it still is ass and Nagy is still Nagy’ing, then I think he’s canned. I think pace has a real shot to stay though and daboll would be a prime HC candidate. I’m sure he’d love to coach Fields and an offense that’s quietly added some talent. That’s the scenario I’m hoping for at least

Collins77

Liked Posts:
So I'm not a gambler but if you guys are saying that if you bet the bears win over 3 games you will win $$ I will bet my retirement, 401k, cash in my stocks and sell my ol lady and kids to put it all on Chicago. Sorry, completely ignorant of the betting rules.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The real question is what happens when Vegas is wrong and we go 17-0. Nagy gets extended for life
I mean….if the defense reverts back to 18 and fields is the 2nd coming of mahomes I could see it. More likely is Nagy will be responsible for more losses than he will be more wins

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If they win 3 games, the Giants will be very happy.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Pace and Nagy landed Fields and what is looking like a great draft class. They are going no where and the Bears are not going to end up with 3 wins. Next topic.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd bet the over on 7 wins.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If the season gets out of hand, Fields goes in to get reps and he doesn't look great the whole thing will be burnt to the ground and they will use Pace and Nagy as the kindling to start the blaze.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I agree, 6-11 or worse gets Nagy fired regardless of when JF plays.
I don't expect JF to light it up in his rookie year as it is.
If Baker Mayfield with the Browns can put up 64% comp 3,725 yards 27tds 14ints in 13 starts with a 6-7 record on a team coming off a winless season there is no reason to think Fields who is absolutely a better rated qb coming out of college cant do something similar. Heck go look at RG3, Dak, Watson, Wilson and Cams rookie years as starters. No reason Fields cant do similar things.