What I Would Do Mock Draft

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Are you the one that's always trying to make Blake Martinez a safety? Dude is 6'2", 240, and probably no faster than high 4.7s in the 40. He is in no way, shape or form an NFL safety.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i like it, except i dont understand why so many are in a hurry to kick Bennett to the curb. hes one of the best TEs in the game, we need to keep him.

oh, and he was the 16th best QB.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i like it, except i dont understand why so many are in a hurry to kick Bennett to the curb. hes one of the best TEs in the game, we need to keep him.

oh, and he was the 16th best QB.

Are we basing this off of QBR now? I'm just curious as the rules keep changing

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
1[11] QB Paxton Lynch [Memphis] 6'7" 245lbs.

Jay Cutler played pretty well in 2015, this pick is not about right now. This is a pick is focused on the future of the most important position in football in Chicago. Chicago has struggled to get anything more than adequate play from the QB position and they need to start looking for someone who can be more than that. Lynch has every physical tool in spades, he is huge, has a big arm, and on top of it he can run. What Lynch need is coaching and experience in an NFL system, those are both things that the Bears can get him. Lynch can be developed for a year before he competes with Cutler. Imagine having 2 talented QBs pushing each other to play, imagine having options at the QB position, imagine having a player who may develop into more than the 13th best starter in the NFL.

I know the Bears need defense, but by the time the defense is good enough to carry the Bears to a Superbowl, like Denver, Cutler will more than likely be done playing in the NFL.
Not more than a month ago you were all over the idea of A'Shawn Robinson and building up that D-Line...what's changed?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Are you the one that's always trying to make Blake Martinez a safety? Dude is 6'2", 240, and probably no faster than high 4.7s in the 40. He is in no way, shape or form an NFL safety.

Sounds like he'd be a good LB prospect at that size/speed depending on what kind of instincts he possesses.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Sounds like he'd be a good LB prospect at that size/speed depending on what kind of instincts he possesses.
Yeah he's better than the 6th round pick that mock had him as.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
From all reports Martellus Bennett is not going to be a Bear. I am not advocating it, only reflecting what is going to happen and trying to plan accordingly.

I think that the "Black Unicorn" displayed enough petty bullshit last year to earn his release. The coaches and management just don't want that kind of attitude on the team. My guess is they try and trade him. The Jets would be an amusing destination.... joining BMARSH.... But the destination he would deserve.....Philly....where the fans will soon sing his praises...or Tampa Bay where he can languish in high humidity....

He's gone.

Bear Up There

Liked Posts:
A'Shawn is nowhere near worth a top 11 pick, he's end of 1st or early 2nd round. He offers zero pass rush and has no twitch off the snap at all.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not more than a month ago you were all over the idea of A'Shawn Robinson and building up that D-Line...what's changed?

No I have not totally moved off of that idea. I also think that you can get a starting DLmen in the 2nd round in this draft with the incredible depth.

This QB class intrigues me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A'Shawn is nowhere near worth a top 11 pick, he's end of 1st or early 2nd round. He offers zero pass rush and has no twitch off the snap at all.

This is not really true.

Robinson has the physical tools to develop, that is why people have him ranked highly. He needs more consistency and technique, but he can push the pocket.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What-I-Would-Do-Mock-Draft

He's telling you how he would draft based on assumed(probable) cuts/moves.

Yes, I get that it's a mock draft. But if you're gonna make a thread telling us what you would do why wouldn't he be the one cutting, resigning or trading players. I don't recall him ever making a mock draft of what Pace would do.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I agree with that for the most part. He did put up decent sack numbers (believe 5.5 off the top of my head), but I see that as a product of his environment (playing around a group of all americans, Reed and others taking on the NT role so he didn't have to). The most intriguing thing about him is that he's big as hell and hasn't even turned 21 yet. Oh and he has a pretty cool highlight of him vertical jumping over the OL to block an extra point.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No I have not totally moved off of that idea. I also think that you can get a starting DLmen in the 2nd round in this draft with the incredible depth.

This QB class intrigues me.
Fair enough.

Next question regarding your offseason here; if the big concern is Goldman getting doubled on running downs - wouldn't bringing in at least one stud 5 tech help alleviate that? Seems to me you could maximize your potential pairing him with another young 5-tech for the next 5 years.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yeah he's better than the 6th round pick that mock had him as.

I would love to see both Martinez and Scooby in a Bears uni. I have a horrid track record with predicting the NFL futures of Pac-12 OL and QBs, but have crushed the LB #calledit dating back to Lance Briggs. Both LBs should have long NFL careers, book that shite.

Edit: also called PT#42, RIP hero.

Edit #2: 1st to call Okwo a joke and a bust on draft day.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair enough.

Next question regarding your offseason here; if the big concern is Goldman getting doubled on running downs - wouldn't bringing in at least one stud 5 tech help alleviate that? Seems to me you could maximize your potential pairing him with another young 5-tech for the next 5 years.

Harrison allows him to move off the NT spot and allows the Bears to play him on less base downs.

Another player I really like is Andrew Billing as a NT, but he may be a reach at 11 and he will make it no where near 41

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I see Martinez as a poor man's Brian Urlacher who played a lot of safety in college. Whatever you call the guy, he is all over the field making plays. Yeah he is not anywhere near a pure safety but he could play safety in a lot of defensive sets.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that the "Black Unicorn" displayed enough petty bullshit last year to earn his release. The coaches and management just don't want that kind of attitude on the team. My guess is they try and trade him. The Jets would be an amusing destination.... joining BMARSH.... But the destination he would deserve.....Philly....where the fans will soon sing his praises...or Tampa Bay where he can languish in high humidity....

He's gone.

Wow. The guy wants a payday and is vocal about it so he is petty. How dare the guy want more money despite earning every cent that he deserved on the field. To listen to you guys, you'd think that it was your money that he was being paid for cripes sake. The guy busted his ass on the field with two broken ribs last year and still caught passes and was one of the best blockers they had. Without him Leno was have been on an island without water.

Keep him a let him earn another contract. To give him up for a pittance like they gave Marshall up for is stupid.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I see Martinez as a poor man's Brian Urlacher who played a lot of safety in college. Whatever you call the guy, he is all over the field making plays. Yeah he is not anywhere near a pure safety but he could play safety in a lot of defensive sets.

No, he can't. If he's plays safety in any set, the offense will score on that play.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
1) You'll need far more than Timu and/or Jones at ILB along with Trevathian. Cant halfass that position. Timu is depth only.

2) While I give you credit for the thought, I doubt Pace will be that active in the offseason. I think he's going to go the GB/New England/Baltimore route of drafting and developing first, not to say that he cant snag a FA or two. I don't think we'll be pulling in 4-5 solid, contributing starters.

3) I doubt Kenny Clarke is there waiting for us in round 2, though itd be fantastic if he was. Austin Johnson, Jarron Reed, John Bullard, and Carl Nassib are likely to be.

4) A quarterback round 1? I see too many glaring holes for it. Pace didn't have his 1st rounder last year step in and contribute day 1. I feel this year he needs to have a starter, whether it be at 5 tech, ILB, or OL.

I'm a firm believer if you draft a quarterback, you gotta put him in the best position to succeed possible. The bears aren't there yet.