What I Would Like to See: Offense

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Well, the WC is based around dinking and dunking. And it's worked; the Bears are moving the ball at will and getting in the endzone... when they execute. Of course that dinking and dunking sets up the deep stuff, but until it's there take what the D gives you. Problem is the they're failing to do even that at times.

Dice34

Liked Posts:
I was at the game this past Sunday. So being that you see the whole field and not just what the screen offers, I was disappointed at the lack of shots down field. There were a handful of times Jeffery had one on one coverage with no safety help and had a step or two on his man. No doubt in my mind 1 or 2 of these would of been TDs. And there was one time he was just wide open, but you could tell he wasn't the number 1 read on the play.

I don't know who is to blame, Cutler or Trestman for the lack of opportunities downfield. But it needs to be corrected. Bc it was there last week for the taking.

Also, the plays called for Forte were designed well. If he could actually break a tackle. You could add about 90 more yds to his total. I don't know how it looked on Tv, but he had an opportunity to house one from about 60 out, for some reason Carolina got caught out of position and only had one defender between him and the endzone off of our right side. But the CB easily tripped him up.

It's frustrating bc the Bears left plays out there...Gould's chippy Fg he missed. Big momentum turner. Still bummed that we lost a game that was easily had.

Must say though, awesome turnout in Carolina of Bears fans. Had to be 50/50 split atleast.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1. Be More Aggressive

It seems that the Bears have really become a dink and dunk offense, which is great when you take what the defense gives you and you protect the ball. The problem is they are turning the ball over at the rate of a much more aggressive attack. We are getting the negatives of an aggressive down field offense, without the positives.

2. Move the Launch Point

Michael Ola is not a LT and he and Slauson do not have any repor on the left side. Help him out and make the defense think by changing the launch point and moving Cutler around. Cutler is athletic and he can throw the ball on the move, but we sit back at 7 yards and give the DL the same point to attack over and over again.

3. Attack Outside

I know with hobbled WRs you need to work the short/intermediate and the middle of the field, but that is also where Cutler's lack of accuracy and risk taking get exposed. Passes to the outside, which Cutler can make, are less likley to get intercepted and turned over. Trust Marshall and Jeffery to make the catch or to knock it down.

not true I've seen Deangelo Hall hand jay his azz trying to pass outside.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
1. Be More Aggressive

It seems that the Bears have really become a dink and dunk offense, which is great when you take what the defense gives you and you protect the ball. The problem is they are turning the ball over at the rate of a much more aggressive attack. We are getting the negatives of an aggressive down field offense, without the positives.

2. Move the Launch Point

Michael Ola is not a LT and he and Slauson do not have any repor on the left side. Help him out and make the defense think by changing the launch point and moving Cutler around. Cutler is athletic and he can throw the ball on the move, but we sit back at 7 yards and give the DL the same point to attack over and over again.

3. Attack Outside

I know with hobbled WRs you need to work the short/intermediate and the middle of the field, but that is also where Cutler's lack of accuracy and risk taking get exposed. Passes to the outside, which Cutler can make, are less likley to get intercepted and turned over. Trust Marshall and Jeffery to make the catch or to knock it down.

I agree with all of these and I would like to see more if Carey!

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More rushing and some shots down field. Their are only so many times you can run a bubble screen or a scat play in a game.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Results and Touchdowns

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, the WC is based around dinking and dunking. And it's worked; the Bears are moving the ball at will and getting in the endzone... when they execute. Of course that dinking and dunking sets up the deep stuff, but until it's there take what the D gives you. Problem is the they're failing to do even that at times.

It is also built on the idea of not turning the ball over.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Establish the run and execute those short dink and dunk passes early on. That opens the defense up for play action and double moves which will give you the big plays down the field.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More screens too, they've been working and then we stop using them. I find they outsmart themselves a whole bunch this year.

Yes. Love the screens.
I was under the impression if something is working you keep doing it until it gets stopped as a Credo to Attack, but apparently not to MT.
It absolutely seems at times he gets impatient with whats working and wants MORE too soon. Goes down the middle or far downfield and those higher probability of failure plays take over.