What I would like to see Week 2

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
These are things I would like to see on Monday night to really consider progress being made.

Personnel Decisions

The Bears are not the type of team that is going to overcome not having their best players on the field and they are not going to overcome having players that play like hot garbage on the field.

Dion Sims, the blocking is not worth the fact that he could have converted 3 1st downs and converted 0 of them.
Nick Kwiatowski, he was absolutely abused by Aaron Rodgers the entire game.
Aaron Lynch, I know that this was more about Mack's conditioning, but he was useless. Play Irving or Acho.
RRH, more of him and less of Bullard.

Better Offensive Operation

Fewer Bad Snaps
Less play clock issues
No pre-snap alignment issues

More Consistent Running the Football

The easiest way for the offense to be efficient while Trubisky is learning is to run the ball more than you want to. It is not surprise that the offense moved the ball way better when they were mixing in the run and not relying on the short pass to convert shorter downs.

This is where I think Nagy got cute in the 3rd quarter. Tons of short passes and screens instead of lining up and just getting the 1st down.

In the 4th quarter FG drive they went back to running on short downs and converted 3 of them, until they got to the goal line.

Trubisky not missing the Bunnies

I do not need him to be an expert in the system or not to make mistakes, but he missed 3 throws against the Packers that I really thought were bunnies for big plays.

Robinson fade route
Cohen wheel route
Robinson down the sideline in the 2 minute drill

Those are the passes I want to see completed while the rest of the offense is mastered, because those were examples of the scheme working, the read being pretty clear, and the receiver winning the battle.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I want Cohen to get more touches. He's the most explosive player on the team and I thought he was lined up on the outside too much in week one. I'm fine with him in the slot/out of the backfield, but he's nothing more than a decoy on the outside IMO

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
These are things I would like to see on Monday night to really consider progress being made.

Personnel Decisions

The Bears are not the type of team that is going to overcome not having their best players on the field and they are not going to overcome having players that play like hot garbage on the field.

Dion Sims, the blocking is not worth the fact that he could have converted 3 1st downs and converted 0 of them.
Nick Kwiatowski, he was absolutely abused by Aaron Rodgers the entire game.
Aaron Lynch, I know that this was more about Mack's conditioning, but he was useless. Play Irving or Acho.
RRH, more of him and less of Bullard.

Better Offensive Operation

Fewer Bad Snaps
Less play clock issues
No pre-snap alignment issues

More Consistent Running the Football

The easiest way for the offense to be efficient while Trubisky is learning is to run the ball more than you want to. It is not surprise that the offense moved the ball way better when they were mixing in the run and not relying on the short pass to convert shorter downs.

This is where I think Nagy got cute in the 3rd quarter. Tons of short passes and screens instead of lining up and just getting the 1st down.

In the 4th quarter FG drive they went back to running on short downs and converted 3 of them, until they got to the goal line.

Trubisky not missing the Bunnies

I do not need him to be an expert in the system or not to make mistakes, but he missed 3 throws against the Packers that I really thought were bunnies for big plays.

Robinson fade route
Cohen wheel route
Robinson down the sideline in the 2 minute drill

Those are the passes I want to see completed while the rest of the offense is mastered, because those were examples of the scheme working, the read being pretty clear, and the receiver winning the battle.

Personnel Decisions: Agreed. Not sure why they'd play Lynch over Irving, Acho, or even Fitts. I like all 3 of those options better. Dion Sims should've been cut, he's been terrible.

Better O Operation: I think this comes with familiarity of the offense and with Nagy calling plays for more than 6 games in his career. I think the snap issues could be solved immediately by ending the Whitehair at Center experiment. They drafted a center in the 2nd rd, play his ass there and solidify the OL. Remove the snap issues, which lead to timing issues for Trubs and taking his eyes off reading the defense. It's an issue that impacts this offense more than just a "bad snap".

Running the Football: Again, I think this comes with more experience being the man calling plays and building the game plans.

Trubs missing bunnies: This comes with game reps throwing in the pocket. It's why I think the preseason had some value for game reps for Trubs. I understand protecting your assets, but at the same time this guy needs game reps throwing in the pocket.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Offense needs to put up 20+ points.

Seeing the Defense tee off on a bad OLine would be great.

If Trubisky has a good game (250 yards and 2 TDS), it would go a loooong way to getting some momentum going.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Offense - less cute play calling, less horizontal NCAA crap, Trubisky getting it done in big drives.

Defense - less slow try-hard Polish linebackers, more Roquan and Mack, better play from the corners.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'd like to see the offense in a consistent rhythm.
I'd like to see a tighter run/pass ratio.
I'd like to see them continue to control the amount of penalties they commit. They did pretty well Sunday night.
I want 4 quarters of effort.
Minimize mental errors...
I want to see Smith and Mack get the majority of snaps at their respective positions.
Shotgun snaps on target all night...
I want at least 28 points from the offense.
I want consistent pressure on Wilson.

THEY NEED TO WIN THE DAMN GAME. I'm going out to AZ next weekend and it would be a major kick in the balls to be 0-2.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I want the Bears to win. Don't give a fuck about the rest.

But it'd be cooler if the Bears won and Trubisky threw 4 TDs wouldn't it? If the Bears win by a score of 13-10 then JLC would be correct, and nobody wants that to be true.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Besides the Win:

OFFENSE:

I want to see some power plays not just all gimmicks. the long play to Gabriel was under center play action and boom. Im hoping Nagy gets into a groove and have a good combination of the both and less screens against Zone

I want to see Trubisky see an opening and fire and not hesitate.

Gabriel running more Vertically not just screens.

Keep the foot on the pedal the whole time.

DEFENSE:

Do not break contain or leave gap on Russel.

Get push up the middle to get pressure in his face and moving him to the arms of our OLBs so they can shed and catch

Get Roquan on the field much more often, his speed will be a big asset against their quick passing game and chasing down Russel.

Catch the ball if it hits you in the hands

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gabriel going vertical is a great call.

They want to go horizantel, but you have to threaten vertical for that to work.

The Packers sat in zone defense because they were not worried about the vertical attack.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’d like to see more vertical play. I’m alright with the pass to run ratio of last week but the passing needs to look better.

Definitely want to see the plays getting in faster reflecting an overall improvement in organization, and better snaps.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I want to see Nagy more aggressive in his playcalling. Rather see incompletions deeper downfield than passes behind the LOS for negative yardage all game...

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'm really excited to see other OL besides Leno line up at WR.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I’d like to see Trubustsky benched and Nagy giving up play calling duties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I just want to see the Chicago Bears PLAY 4 whole quarters of football.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
I’d like to see more vertical play. I’m alright with the pass to run ratio of last week but the passing needs to look better.

Definitely want to see the plays getting in faster reflecting an overall improvement in organization, and better snaps.
I'd like to see them take a few shots a game. Between Gabriel and White they have 2 deep threats. I hope White has learned the "go" route by now.