What I would like to see Week 2

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
A win. Don’t give a flying shit how it happens. I need to see a win on national tv

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Win. The. Fucking. Game.

I better not see that garbage where we come out and look competent against a decent team in week 1, and then turn around and look like a bunch of dumbfucks against a cellar dwellar team in week 2. Happened last year, where we were a dropped pass from beating the defending NFC champs, then next week, we get embarrassed by godawful Tampa Bay.

It's happened the last 3 seasons. Win. The. Fucking. Game. Don't go 0-2.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gabriel going vertical is a great call.

They want to go horizantel, but you have to threaten vertical for that to work.

The Packers sat in zone defense because they were not worried about the vertical attack.

Trubisky had Gabriel deep 1 on 1 in the 3rd quarter, but he dropped his eyes and didnt want to take the hit.

5KZDG0.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Trubisky had Gabriel deep 1 on 1 in the 3rd quarter, but he dropped his eyes and didnt want to take the hit.

5KZDG0.gif

Adi, do you get the all 22 footage through NFL Game Pass?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Everyone listens to you Windy. Please write in all caps that in order this offense to run horizontally, you have to run vertically every once in a while to keep them honest.

The long throws Trubisky made, all two or maybe three of them were to players well covered, one might argue that you shouldn’t throw to these guys given that they weren’t really open. But, Long throws are very difficult to defend, plus, no one wants to give up a long completion in the air so they either foul or knock the ball away. The db’s For the most part the db’s aren’t too concerned with picking these off, so they’re low risk, high reward throws.

They’re successful even if you don’t complete them, you have the chance of a 50 yard penalty, 50 yard punt or incompletion, for the most part. You also scare the defense and worry them.

The bears have to throw even more of them because of their shitty history!!!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Miller juked his dude out of his shorts. Most of the game that I could see the routes, Miller was almost always open

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller juked his dude out of his shorts. Most of the game that I could see the routes, Miller was almost always open

Not so loud. The Miller Party is Monday, and it will be a surprise.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are things I would like to see on Monday night to really consider progress being made.

Personnel Decisions

The Bears are not the type of team that is going to overcome not having their best players on the field and they are not going to overcome having players that play like hot garbage on the field.

Dion Sims, the blocking is not worth the fact that he could have converted 3 1st downs and converted 0 of them.
Nick Kwiatowski, he was absolutely abused by Aaron Rodgers the entire game.
Aaron Lynch, I know that this was more about Mack's conditioning, but he was useless. Play Irving or Acho.
RRH, more of him and less of Bullard.

Better Offensive Operation

Fewer Bad Snaps
Less play clock issues
No pre-snap alignment issues

More Consistent Running the Football

The easiest way for the offense to be efficient while Trubisky is learning is to run the ball more than you want to. It is not surprise that the offense moved the ball way better when they were mixing in the run and not relying on the short pass to convert shorter downs.

This is where I think Nagy got cute in the 3rd quarter. Tons of short passes and screens instead of lining up and just getting the 1st down.

In the 4th quarter FG drive they went back to running on short downs and converted 3 of them, until they got to the goal line.

Trubisky not missing the Bunnies

I do not need him to be an expert in the system or not to make mistakes, but he missed 3 throws against the Packers that I really thought were bunnies for big plays.

Robinson fade route
Cohen wheel route
Robinson down the sideline in the 2 minute drill

Those are the passes I want to see completed while the rest of the offense is mastered, because those were examples of the scheme working, the read being pretty clear, and the receiver winning the battle.

Kwiatkowski and Simms should have gone in the trash with Grasu. Kwiat would be a fantastic linebacker in 1993. Pace continues to be an anchor, and I'm tired of his pretty face and flapping lips being such a great communicater from such a poor planner.

Iggy/Burton/Tolliver already give some hope to fix Pace's issues since Nagy got here you can tell a change in some choices at positions. I thought flushing Le Blanc was a mistake...he was one of the better playmaker types back there we have.

The fast linebackers thing was clearly a priority. Pace will survive for a while, and I kinda like him, he just needs to eliminate the mistakes.

Rgrigutis

Liked Posts:
Seeing the offense break the huddle with genuine confidence in their ability to defeat the defense. no snafu! Operator like precision