What if Fields starts this week vs Rodgers?

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't know how so many Bears fans continue to hoodwink themselves into believing they're right there with the Packers. Until they prove it, I'm just going to assume the Packers are going to beat our Beloved. I don't understand any evidence to the contrary.

Two things can be true at once: A) Yes, it's a rebuilding year where we're not expecting them to win anyway, but also, (B) this game was winnable, and not winning it does hurt, and perpetuates the narrative of Fields not being able to pass when the game's on the line.

Two post-Packers thoughts:

1) If Aaron Rodgers moves on from Green Bay in the offseason, it will suck that there was no passing-of-the-torch moment, no tables-turning moment to end Rodgers career against the Bears. If this was Rodgers' last start against the Bears, it would've been really cool for Fields to get a win in Rodgers' exit game in the rivalry.

2) Ultimately, the #1 point hopefully won't matter in the end. If the Bears use the #2 pick wisely (either picking a game-wrecker or trading it for a boatload) and start plugging the holes in this team with gamechangers---and Fields continues to progress into at least a very nice young quarterback---that's all that really matters. Here's to hoping.
it's my belief they'll never be truly playoff ready or Super Bowl bound until they can beat them. so, never.