What if the Bears extend John Fox

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I don't buy that he's lost the locker room (I also never bought that he was a good coach FWIW). So, what if the Bears decide to just retain him for the last year of his contract or extend him? How will you react?

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing the organization truly doesn't want to see: apathy. I'll just stop watching them, and really football in general. Hasn't been any one thing responsible for my waning interest, but it's there.

EDIT: By the way, I think there's about a 40% chance of this happening.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The only thing the organization truly doesn't want to see: apathy. I'll just stop watching them, and really football in general. Hasn't been any one thing responsible for my waning interest, but it's there.
I would probably stop watching.
But what if they make the playoffs next year too? Would you still sop watching them?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what if they make the playoffs next year too? Would you still sop watching them?

I'd probably come back to watch the playoff games, but not games leading up to them. I'm not being all dramatic - it's not like I will NEVER WATCH THIS TEAM AGAIN!!!!1!!!1 I'm just not going to watch hot garbage. Call me a disloyal fan, don't really care.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Just be done with this team finally. I kinda hope they do that to make it easier to stop watching this shit

Washington

Liked Posts:

Playoffs? Getting close to .500 in year 4 of this perpetual rebuild would be a monumental accomplishment.

Fox will not be here. The team is laughable under Fox.

Now, if we do win another game, the meatballs will be saying that we're a playoff team right now, blah blah blah...

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
That would be Ryan Pace's job right there. No way in Hell he would keep John Fox and this coaching staff around another year, unless they've completely lost their minds.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I would enjoy watching news coverage of the mob action that burns down Halas Hall.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not happening, he is already fired.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Is your serious question "what would I do if a John Fox coached Bears team makes it to the playoffs"?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is your serious question "what would I do if a John Fox coached Bears team makes it to the playoffs"?

I would wonder if a competent coach was a wizard casting the Imperius curse on Fox.

I currently wonder if John Fox has dementia.

Helluva time to be a Bears fan.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
With a question like that, I expected to see someone with about 7 or 8 red bars next to their name. He isn't going to be extended. What would you do if the Bears had George Halas' skeleton coaching as a marionette from the sideline with a big sombrero. We can have Ted Phillips "pulling the strings" just for funsies.

billwade

Liked Posts:
The Bears fired the last two HC coaches and got worse, so in their overly simplistic world, it's easy to envision them rationalizing that changing head coaches is bad. Also, don't be so sure Pace would be in favor of changing HC. A new system and new staff probably means another losing season because the roster is still thin on talent not matter who the coach is. Pace knows he's running out of time.

I could easily see Loggains being the sacrificial lamb and everyone else stays. I give Fox getting fired a 50/50

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I put the chances of Fox getting fired at 98.9%. The same percentage of FGs Robbie Gould has made from 20-29 yards.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
Just be done with this team finally. I kinda hope they do that to make it easier to stop watching this shit
I have been hoping this year would be enough. Alas i still want to watch. I am hoping this helps me kick the habit

TarHeelBear

Liked Posts:
If the Bears extend Fox it would be the equivalent to punting on 4th and 3 inches when you're a 3-8 team.