What if the Bears extend John Fox

Issues

Liked Posts:
Fox is dead at the end of the season. Finally.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Fox comes back for another year, I will hold an event for people to help me choose my new favorite NFL team.

I guess I could fall back on my hometown team, the Cleveland Browns. Nope. I'm holding an event.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not? This is starting to approach Emery/Trestman comedy levels anyway . . .

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
With a question like that, I expected to see someone with about 7 or 8 red bars next to their name. He isn't going to be extended. What would you do if the Bears had George Halas' skeleton coaching as a marionette from the sideline with a big sombrero. We can have Ted Phillips "pulling the strings" just for funsies.
Why? You don't like thinking outside of assumptions you've made?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Is your serious question "what would I do if a John Fox coached Bears team makes it to the playoffs"?
No, there was more than one potential answer to the question. It was a logical follow up. Would you quit being a fan forever? Or would it be just until fox was fired? Or until we were good?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This would go down like Tennessee trying to hire Schiano. The fans would lose their minds

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Fox comes back for another year, I will hold an event for people to help me choose my new favorite NFL team.

I guess I could fall back on my hometown team, the Cleveland Browns. Nope. I'm holding an event.

“I’m taking my talents to South Beach”

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? You don't like thinking outside of assumptions you've made?

Partly, yes. But also, I prefer to think of the Bears leadership as less "complete morons" and more "misunderstood".

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
So, you think I should be disliked because youve made assumptions about the McCaskeys state of mind and I challenged assumptions you've made on your own? In other words, I should be disliked because I posed a question that doesn't gel with your assumptions of the world?

I've seen a lot of weird things on this board, but that is certainly up there. Perhaps it's you that should be disliked.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop it. That's not a real what if. What if the Bears signed Roberto Aguayo to play wide receiver, how would you feel?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Stop it. That's not a real what if. What if the Bears signed Roberto Aguayo to play wide receiver, how would you feel?
Why is it not a real question? Let's look at the facts:

1) John Fox is presently the head coach;
2) He's under contract through next year;
3) The McCaskeys don't like to pay more than they need to;
4) It's generally accepted that the McCaskeys are bad owners who make bad decisions; and
5) Moving on would mean Trubisky and co. would have to learn a whole new scheme.

Why do you assume he's going to be fired? I mean, other than the fact that you incorrectly believe that a head coach keeping their job for which they are under contract for is somehow similar to a terrible kicker playing a position he never has.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Why is it not a real question? Let's look at the facts:

1) John Fox is presently the head coach;
2) He's under contract through next year;
3) The McCaskeys don't like to pay more than they need to;
4) It's generally accepted that the McCaskeys are bad owners who make bad decisions; and
5) Moving on would mean Trubisky and co. would have to learn a whole new scheme.

Why do you assume he's going to be fired? I mean, other than the fact that you incorrectly believe that a head coach keeping their job for which they are under contract for is somehow similar to a terrible kicker playing a position he never has.

Fox will be fired.

I will file away my possible emotional response to Fox leading this team to the playoffs in 2018 in the same cabinet I file "advice on coping with an asteroid impact", "response to Iceland launching a devastating nuclear attack" and "what to say if propositioned by Scarlett Johansen" (Cliff notes version: "say yes").

Washington

Liked Posts:
Why would you be in a tree? Just the place you like to go for team announcements?

I personally spent a lot of time in trees from September into December.

fcc3e0f31ff17370aa5292049cf54007.jpg

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
I would say i'd stop watching ... but i already have done that. i don't think i have watched a full game this year, maybe the first game. I usually DVR it and decide later if i want to watch it once i know the outcome.

this is what 20+ years of bad football has done to a guy who use to watch every game.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be comical but of course it won't happen.

But what I want to know is where are all of the bootlickers who were giving posters like Windy and I and others who were adamant that Pace should have fired Fox after last season? Anyone with half a brain would have known you don't have John Fox oversee a rookie QB and they should have brought an offensive mind in. But many lackeys professed that Fox is the man and the players play hard for him. Admit you were all grossly wrong

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take your pick:

tumblr_mblv32A6ou1ru1wbho1_250.gif

giphy.gif

oh_hell_no.gif

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Lower than when Jordan hit the fade over Ehlo?

I think cleveland fans have endured much worse than a first round exit. lebron leaving. browns moving. Bunch of post season collapses by the indians and the cavs.