What is Joe Haden worth in a trade?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20495844/cleveland-browns-open-trade-offers-veteran-cb-joe-haden

Fourth rounder? Maybe?

EREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are open to trade offers for cornerback Joe Haden, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

Haden's contract will not make any trade easy. He is due to be paid $11.1 million this season, and $11.2 million and $10.5 million in 2018 and '19. Any team that acquires Haden would have to accept those salaries for a corner who last went to the Pro Bowl in 2014.

Cornerback Joe Haden was the Browns first-round draft pick in 2007. He last went to the Pro Bowl in 2014.
CBS Sports was first to report a possible trade.

In the two years since his last Pro Bowl appearance Haden has fought through injuries. He missed 11 games in 2015 with a finger injury and concussion that cost him several games, and three last season, when he played through two groin issues that required postseason surgery.

Haden, 28, was the Browns first-round draft pick in 2007. Releasing Haden would cost the Browns $3.2 million in cap space this season and $3.2 million next season. He signed a five-year contract extension in May of 2014.

His trade would leave the Browns thin at corner. Jamar Taylor and Jason McCourty would figure to start, with Briean Boddy-Calhoun the third cornerback.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's had the injury bug the past couple years and that contract is huge

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
14 million + injuries + mediocre play= NOTHING

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure he is worth it and doesn't really fit with Pace's philosophy from what we have seen over the past 3 years.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can he catch?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Haden has not done much the last couple of years. He is 28 years old.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 15m15 minutes ago
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mary Kay Cabot
Joe Haden, Brock Osweiler, Cameron Ervin… #Browns trying to move a bunch of big & disappointing contracts.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this is shity reporting... Haden was not drafted in 2007 he started college in 2007. He was drafted in 2011. Browns are also trying to trade 2015 1st round pick Cameron Erving. I think with Joe's contract he is worth a 5th round pick, or maybe Zach Miller and a 7th?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If both are healthy Haden is better then Gilmore.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20495844/cleveland-browns-open-trade-offers-veteran-cb-joe-haden

Fourth rounder? Maybe?

EREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are open to trade offers for cornerback Joe Haden, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

Haden's contract will not make any trade easy. He is due to be paid $11.1 million this season, and $11.2 million and $10.5 million in 2018 and '19. Any team that acquires Haden would have to accept those salaries for a corner who last went to the Pro Bowl in 2014.

Cornerback Joe Haden was the Browns first-round draft pick in 2007. He last went to the Pro Bowl in 2014.
CBS Sports was first to report a possible trade.

In the two years since his last Pro Bowl appearance Haden has fought through injuries. He missed 11 games in 2015 with a finger injury and concussion that cost him several games, and three last season, when he played through two groin issues that required postseason surgery.

Haden, 28, was the Browns first-round draft pick in 2007. Releasing Haden would cost the Browns $3.2 million in cap space this season and $3.2 million next season. He signed a five-year contract extension in May of 2014.

His trade would leave the Browns thin at corner. Jamar Taylor and Jason McCourty would figure to start, with Briean Boddy-Calhoun the third cornerback.

They drafted him when he was 18? His freshman year of college?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can he still run and cover? He was never blazing fast to begin with but he had functional speed. Question now is how much of that does retain?

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
I'm sure I am in the vast minority here, but I would be somewhat interested. Don't get me wrong, they better not expect jack shit for the pick(s) and thank us
for taking the contract of a player they want to move on from, like maybe a 6th rounder this coming draft and a 7th in the following, or something to that effect.

My best friend is a die hard Browns fan since childhood, so as a solid he basically watches a shit ton of Bears games, so he knows what the hell I am ranting about and vice versa. I actually think the dude is a pretty good player. Given our own injury and depth concerns at CB, I would have to at least think about it. He and Prince can take turns being hurt on one side, and Coop and Fuller can take turns being hurt on the other side. Four injury prone players, but hey.... at any given time, two of them should be available, right?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sure I am in the vast minority here, but I would be somewhat interested. Don't get me wrong, they better not expect jack shit for the pick(s) and thank us
for taking the contract of a player they want to move on from, like maybe a 6th rounder this coming draft and a 7th in the following, or something to that effect.

My best friend is a die hard Browns fan since childhood, so as a solid he basically watches a shit ton of Bears games, so he knows what the hell I am ranting about and vice versa. I actually think the dude is a pretty good player. Given our own injury and depth concerns at CB, I would have to at least think about it. He and Prince can take turns being hurt on one side, and Coop and Fuller can take turns being hurt on the other side. Four injury prone players, but hey.... at any given time, two of them should be available, right?

No.