What Is The Issue With Duncan Keith?

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Last season Keith was an absolute rock on the back end on top of being a very productive offensive contributor. He was miles ahead of any defensemen as far as two-way play went last year when he won the Norris. He still is one of the slickest skaters on the back end in the league but something is wrong mentally with him. He is constantly out of position, his outlet passes are way off, and he has been turning the puck over far too much. I know for a fact he was one of the hardest working players in the off season, the guy is a gym rat and is constantly working on his conditioning and his game. So can anyone explain why Duncan Keith has been a mess for the most part this season?

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it is just Fatigue. He has looked like he has been used to much. IDK if that is an answer to your question, but this definately isn't the Duncan Keith we are used to watching.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i believe it is fatigue as well. the guy played the regular season with a ton of ice time, plus the olympics and the playoffs and how deep the hawks went. i think alot of the issues with this team are fatigue with the chemistry on lines issues as well.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
I think it is just Fatigue. He has looked like he has been used to much. IDK if that is an answer to your question, but this definately isn't the Duncan Keith we are used to watching.

That could be it. He was able to handle a ton of minuets last season and he still plays fast and hard every shift, so I am not so sure that is is fatigue. Maybe because our team has struggled this season that he is over-thinking plays and trying to do too much?

I really would like to have the guy who would shut teams down for 28 minuets a game last season rather than the liability he has been. Duncan Keith from last season masked a lot of the problems we had and is the most important player on this team.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but at the beginning of the season he pretty much played D in Scotts spot as well.

And Dewey, I wouldn't rule out laziness either but thats as a whole team, not just Keith

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but at the beginning of the season he pretty much played D in Scotts spot as well.

And Dewey, I wouldn't rule out laziness either but thats as a whole team, not just Keith

whooooooops. forgot about the lazy part. yup. agree....atleast thats how they have been looking alot of the year especially party boy

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i agree with icehog and dewey

a combo of fatigue and laziness has swept through this team like wildfire IMO

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Fatigue is the big reason but there also seems to be a lot more thinking out on the ice by him than just playing as he had before. The fatigue of course causes that but so does the fact everything else isn't going as smooth or easy as it was for the large portions of the previous season.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's got a whole bunch of new forwards in front of him and two new (one very active with the puck) goalies behind him. Seabrook was off his game to start the season and then him and Keith got split up for a little while.

Things are different all around. He'll be fine.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The new forwards crap needs to stop. It's going to be January.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
It does take a lot more out of you when your team is always trying to come back from being down goals - aside from the ice time -that itself, is going to be a factor.

Add that to the top guys being out -- I suppose the next injury hits Sharp ... and, there you have it -playing from behind a lot -it is just a rough season. Oh well, it happens.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where the hell is his offense at?

Guys like Chara/Lidstrom get hat tricks.

I'd kill for a fucking goal from Duncs.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not scored since December 19th.

Last 11 games he has a whopping 2 points.

His offensive game this year has been non existent.

I expect alot better from a guy who just won a Norris.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Where the hell is his offense at?

Guys like Chara/Lidstrom get hat tricks.

I'd kill for a fucking goal from Duncs.

Get a grip- the dude's best season he scored all of 14 goals. Not too many guys who score 14 ever get a hattrick.

An assist is as good as a goal. He isn't that far off his scoring pace from last season, and Seabrook's production is up.

jservs7

Liked Posts:
I've been saying this as a joke plenty of times in the Blackhawks chatroom, but I really wonder if the married life has been affecting his play this year. :D

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lidstrom/Chara= hat tricks=two guys...um hello?