What is the origin of bear fans calling the bears team the "beloved" and why do people still refer to the team as such even in 2021?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Posts like a guy who's never read a book or been on a computer before. Has to be another posters AE.
Is it your new thing to ONLY post non-bears stuff in this forum or do you still sprinkle in some bears related content here and there?

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Yes, the shtick is thick.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone use the phrase in actual speech. Maybe it’s just meatball lyricism?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thank you so much for the weighing in with the first actural attempt to explain what this is acturally about but I will need more than hunches and guesses if I'm going to be pod-casting about this topic because in that business it's literally definitive informative proof-positive actural factural evidenced from authoritative perspective that I'm after because I literally would hate to give my listeners speculative takes on a subject I'm literally putting my voice and brand behind.
When did you start the podcast?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
When did you start the podcast?
I haven't yet it is in beta testing mode and I'm still working on my radio-voice as well as researching content and doing competitive analysis as well as formulating a branding campaign so one might say it's literally in its embryonic stage or like a catter-piller just recently cocooned in a state of chrystalis before it hopefully blossoms into butterfly state and literally takes off but technically it is still just a pod not yet ready to be casting.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Posts like a guy who's never read a book or been on a computer before. Has to be another posters AE.

bruh,

He is more legible than one of your sudsy rants on a Friday night...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
What is the origin of people who do not play for, coach or own a professional sports team referring to it as "we" or "our?"
association by prolonged abuse from team. I mean the beloved of course.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I haven't yet it is in beta testing mode and I'm still working on my radio-voice as well as researching content and doing competitive analysis as well as formulating a branding campaign so one might say it's literally in its embryonic stage or like a catter-piller just recently cocooned in a state of chrystalis before it hopefully blossoms into butterfly state and literally takes off but technically it is still just a pod not yet ready to be casting.
monarch-butterfly-grass.jpg

@msadows has a butterfly tattoo on his lower back.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I am not understanding the term and why it is used or even started being used in the first place but moreso why it Is still being used because most of the people I see referring to the team as "the beloved" are meat-ball fans that literally have so much hate in their hearts for people on the team or staff and in general that I highly doubt they even refer to Jesus as "beloved" and if they do are they equating the bears with Jesus but that's a whole another topic not meant for this forum so ignore that aspect of this post bug seriously, the "beloved?" Are you kidding me? Please explain because at this point I will never understand this "beloved" reference and until I do I think it is absolutely complete udder garbage because it makes zero sense to me.
Dan Jiggets used the term frequently on his radio show.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally the fiber of my bean is 100% in agreement literally

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
George Halas used to refer to his alma mater as "The beloved Illini" and he did kinda completely steal their uniform scheme for the Bears. So it would only stand to reason that he, at some point, probably referred to his team as "The beloved Bears". As Halas aged and the line between the two in his head began to blur, he would just refer to either team as "The Beloved" to prevent any old man gaffes in the papers.

I have no written, oral or online sources for this, but if you believe it to be true in your heart...then it already is.

Happy Friday Chicitysports.com!!!

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
Dan Jiggets used the term frequently on his radio show.
Okay that's a good update but why would some guy literally most people have never ever even ever heard of be throwing around the term just limited to "the beloved" like as if it meant the bears football team like it is an actural "thing" people say?

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
George Halas used to refer to his alma mater as "The beloved Illini" and he did kinda completely steal their uniform scheme for the Bears. So it would only stand to reason that he, at some point, probably referred to his team as "The beloved Bears". As Halas aged and the line between the two in his head began to blur, he would just refer to either team as "The Beloved" to prevent any old man gaffes in the papers.

I have no written, oral or online sources for this, but if you believe it to be true in your heart...then it already is.

Happy Friday Chicitysports.com!!!
This makes more of the most sense to me in all honestly even if it is indeed literally "made up."

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Okay that's a good update but why would some guy literally most people have never ever even ever heard of be throwing around the term just limited to "the beloved" like as if it meant the bears football team like it is an actural "thing" people say?
You have never heard of Dan Jiggets.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I looked him up and I am familiar with him and his large self from either pre- or post-game Bears game coverage shows.
He also played for the Beloved