What is your ideal trade down scenario?

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Bears fans are gonna be disappointed because Poles has shown he doesn’t value WR and O line. He prioritizes nickel and dime backs and will likely either take one at #1 or trade for a haul of picks to spend on 3-4 of them to cover all the slot receivers of the league.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Ideally NE lands in the 3 hole. They trade us the third pick, a 2nd this year and a first next. At 3 Maye is still there and we trade down again with Vegas for their 1st and second this year and next year. That gives us 3 first round picks for 3 years in a row and 3 second rounders.

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:
Would be nice if Washington jumps Arizona, since the Cards are the only team who won't take a QB. Chi, NE, Was, Ari... You could trade down to 2 or 3 and still pick MHJ. Or trade down again. Also, Williams is from DC and would be a splash pick for them.

Drop to #3 and pick up a 1st and 2nd in 24 and another 1st and 2nd in 25. Maybe even some change too. And Washington gets the chance to jump NE and pick the local QB.

Last edited:

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the ideal scenario if the Bears trade out…

A top 6/7 pick this year
A high 2nd this year
A 1st in 2025
A 1st 2026 and/or star vet
And some change (4’s & 5’s etc…)

Come out of this draft with either Bowers or Nabers and a 3T or EDGE or Bowers and Nabers. Then keep building the trenches.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
AZ says they're keeping Murray and using their picks to strengthen other areas. I think that the Pats will stay put (if they remain at#2, likely) and take whichever QB is there. Basically, what I'm saying is that with the way things look now, on a trade down, we don't get either QB nor MHJ. It would, obviously, also mean that we're sticking with Fields. I would personally think Nix or Penix are QB 3 and 4 though not necessarily that order but most boards have them lower. That said, PAC 12 QBs numbers tend to be inflated and that scares me a bit. Point being that while one of the later QBs may be worth a mid position drafting team sticking for, it's muddy enough that teams in the right range should be looking to trade up... as usual.

I think the most likely trades come from the 8-14 area of the draft and it should be 3 ones or something like last year from that area. Hopefully one of those teams bombs and still wants to trade up from a higher spot so we can draft above that 8-14 slot. I'd prefer to be on the top 7. Below is not my order but the same 7 players. I don't like Odunze as much as Nabers so dividing it there it there. I also doubt we go TE. Maybe a QB rises or a team falls in love with a lower ranked guy and expands that tier a 8 or 9 players.

• 1194.png
    Marvin Harrison Jr.Ohio State
    WR
  • 230.png
    Caleb WilliamsUSC
    QB
  • 3213.png
    Olumuyiwa FashanuPenn State
    OT
  • 4153.png
    Drake MayeNorth Carolina
    QB
  • 587.png
    Joe AltNotre Dame
    OT
  • 661.png
    Brock BowersGeorgia
    TE
  • 799.png
    Malik NabersLSU
    WR
This well thought out opinion took this expert a whole 20 minutes of interwebs film and research, LOL.

Last edited:

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AZ says they're keeping Murray and using their picks to strengthen other areas. I think that the Pats will stay put (if they remain at#2, likely) and take whichever guy is there. Basically, what I'm saying is that with the way things look now, on a trade down, we don't get either QB nor MHJ. It would also mean that we're sticking with Fields. I would personally take Penix as QB #3.

I think the most likely trades come from the 8-14 area of the draft and it should be 3 ones or something like last year from that area. Hopefully one of those teams bombs and still wants to trade up from a higher spot so we can draft above that 8-14 slot. I'd prefer to be on the top 7. Below is not my order but the same players. Next is Odunze but I personally think Nabers is enough better to divide it there. I also doubt we go TE.

I think if they decide to stick with Fields there is a good chance they want to load the O with weapons.

Bowers isn’t Kmet, he’s a WR in a TE body who can still block. In fact having Kmet on the roster already would be ideal for Bowers. TE is a difficult transition and Kmet would be a great mentor.

I think my dream scenario if they trade down is Nabers and Bowers as the selections. You now go into ‘24 with a great 1/2 punch at both WR and TE.

They have a ton of cap space to pickup a C and EDGE in FA.

Dexter has been flashing more and more, Pickens makes plays here and there, Billings is locked up, and they can always re-sign Jones who has played a lot better since the Sweat trade.

The more I think about it going after Hunter in FA makes a lot of sense. We all see what Sweat has done for this D. Hunter probably propels them to top 5.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think if they decide to stick with Fields there is a good chance they want to load the O with weapons.

Bowers isn’t Kmet, he’s a WR in a TE body who can still block. In fact having Kmet on the roster already would be ideal for Bowers. TE is a difficult transition and Kmet would be a great mentor.

I think my dream scenario if they trade down is Nabers and Bowers as the selections. You now go into ‘24 with a great 1/2 punch at both WR and TE.

They have a ton of cap space to pickup a C and EDGE in FA.

Dexter has been flashing more and more, Pickens makes plays here and there, Billings is locked up, and they can always re-sign Jones who has played a lot better since the Sweat trade.

The more I think about it going after Hunter in FA makes a lot of sense. We all see what Sweat has done for this D. Hunter probably propels them to top 5.
I'm also like Nabers and agree about Bowers worth. I just don't think they'll go TE.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I dont believe AZ has any desire to stick with kyler. I think they knew there was a possibility of not being a top 2 pick and wanted to get out in front of the rumors if they wouldn't even have a qb available to them anyway. They were clearly targeting Caleb williams when they tore down their entire roster