What makes someone a casual fan?

clowj

Liked Posts:
I have been around here years and i just dont post. But i always come here to hear what other Bear fans have to say. Some are knowledgeable, some are not. Some are just haters of everything Bears. I read daily about the Bears and I know football. But i still wonder " what or who is a casual fan. I hate my teams progress over the last" what 30 years" but i will never stray. Just like how these Golden state fans came out of thin air. Are you casual or not. Just wondering. Cause i would hate to call out the frauds. Shoop dupe de dupe. Jk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone who would rather be seen as a fan or someone who doesn't care if other people know they are a fan....

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
A casual fan is someone who doesn't need to watch all the games. They just would like them to win and might find out who won the game a few hours later.

Trantor

Liked Posts:
All of these answers sound about right to me. I'd also add that it's common for casual fans to not know their own team's player's names, outside of the star players.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm ok with casual fans. I just tend to get irritated when those casual fans tend to post like they know it all.

Which is unfortunately another characteristic of a casual fan...

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you hate the packers more then you like the bears you are a Bears fan.
That's how i roll and Ive been doing pretty well.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Doesn't own a single pair of zubas.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
A casual Bears fan only owns 4 jerseys.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
When you don't feel sad, depressed, and forlorn when your team loses, then you might be a casual fan. Yes, it's important to keep sports in perspective whether you are casual or heavily invested, but as an avid, active fan, I can honestly say that when the team is bad, it hurts the soul. If the Bears won another Super Bowl, it would be up there with something like achieving world peace as far as the happiness and joy it would bring.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Casual fans to me lean on box scores and raw stats from a game to come to a conclusion about a coach or player vs watching the game.

I've discussed games in the past only to find out that the person I was debating with didn't really watch the game, but basing their opinion on a box score. Seems a little lazy to not watch the game, but have an opinion of coaching and players based on outcome and box scores.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I was in an Uber a few months ago, and me and my Uber driver were talking about the Bears. I shit you not, he thought our runningback was still Thomas Jones.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
One becomes a casual fan as a result of watching the Bears lose the vast majority of their games, year after year. You start to realize there's no longer any sense in getting your blood pressure up over a Bears' game because it's likely they'll lose anyway. Just accept the inevitable & move on. While the mcCaskeys count the receipts....

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I have been around here years and i just dont post. But i always come here to hear what other Bear fans have to say. Some are knowledgeable, some are not. Some are just haters of everything Bears. I read daily about the Bears and I know football. But i still wonder " what or who is a casual fan. I hate my teams progress over the last" what 30 years" but i will never stray. Just like how these Golden state fans came out of thin air. Are you casual or not. Just wondering. Cause i would hate to call out the frauds. Shoop dupe de dupe. Jk

I think a casual fan is simply a fan that only shows up when the team is winning or shows up before the season starts but usually bails out min things start looking bad. Theyre also not very knowledgeable about the team, its history or personnel from the players to the front office. They also lack knowledge of other teams around the division and league. Just because you constantly criticize your team does not make you a casual. It just means theyre the other side of the same coin as a koolaider. You then have fans that fall in the middle.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dockers.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Start out as a hard core Bears fan, after a few decades of failure and incompetence you start recording the games and only watching if they win. I'm fine with it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk