What makes someone a casual fan?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Casual fan: - someone who asks what makes someone a casual fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I am a huge Bears fan, but I have no problem turning off a game of terrible football. When Bears get bad enough where they are chasing away their hardcore fans, that is BAD. Of course the politics in the NFL makes me not want to watch other NFL games though.

AussieBear

a casual fan generally cant name the starting OL.. if they can, their back ups nah... let alone the entire roster.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Born in McHenry county but moved to Cali when I was a kid. I'll never forget in 06 going to the Superbowl, for the first time here I suddenly saw all these Bears hats/jerseys popping up out of nowhere. I always took crap from all the 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys fans but now for the first time ever I see Bears "fans". I just started college and went up to this dude and asked straight up "who's our starting Center?" and he said "who, Rex?" .....

I felt angry, like none of these people deserve to wear our colors because they haven't suffered with all the losing seasons like the real fans. I was born in 88 so we've sucked majority of my life. The last 3 times I remember tears rolling down my face...1) Bears SB loss. 2) Dog passing away. 3) Cubs winning the WS. Especially how we started that game...it still hurts.

dawags

Liked Posts:
If you watch the game dressed like a Duper, you are a casual fan.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
As I age, I become more disinterested with sports.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
As I age, I become more disinterested with sports.

See I'm not sure if it's me aging, starting to care about things that actually matter... or if it's just the Bears sucking for so long. I think once the Bears get back to making the playoffs I'll get back into it like I was in my younger days.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
See I'm not sure if it's me aging, starting to care about things that actually matter... or if it's just the Bears sucking for so long. I think once the Bears get back to making the playoffs I'll get back into it like I was in my younger days.

I hear ya. Part of me just isn't as interested because I'm embarrassed to be affiliated with the majority of Bears fans.