What Packers' Fans are Saying

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/thurs-bears-game-stopping-howard-will-be-key.75320/

-"Howard is a beast, I hope his shoulder is healthy and ready to go. Huge test for the run D for sure, but considering our run D has been fine in my opinion, Cohen is going to be the real one we need to stop. He can eat us alive in the middle with those short catches he gets, and he's explosive and is a human joystick. Our linebackers need to be extra polished this Thursday."

-"I mean the Bears don't really have anyone who scares me in their passing game, this could be an instance where you just stack the box pretty much like 80% of the time. Yeah Howard is a beast and severely underrated, I actually had him in my draft board... but wound up with Kareem Hunt instead(so that's worked out nicely for me lol)... This is a guy who I think may get 1300-1500 yards this year...let's just hope his good games aren't against the Packers."

-"This is a very winnable game, even without our arguably our two best Defenders right now in Daniels and Perry. I would not be as confident in Chicago on the road with no rest. This should be a close one though.. GB 30 Chicago 24."

-"I'm not as confident given how beat up we are. IMO the offense has got to come up with a better way to protect Rodgers. I don't anticipate our starting tackles being back anytime soon. Howard is the guy to beat. I agree. They put a stop on the RB's instead of letting them run all over us I think we have a good chance. Just not sure how this will go especially since the team hasn't been showing up until the 2nd half in the 3 previous games."

-"Howard is practically the only offense Chicago has."

-"So this is the game they put Trubisky in in the 2nd quarter and he goes all Kaperpuke on us."

-"Cohen is the one that scares me as well. Mid 6 yard average per run and catch, he is that quick shifty back who along with Howard, could make the Packers honor the run and then allow Mike Glennon to earn all $15+ M of his contract in one night throwing the ball. The Bears defense isn't that bad either."

-"What!! Mike Glennon doesn't scare you? Seriously, If it weren't for the fact that this is a Thursday night game with less time to prep I think we would see the beginning of the Mitch Trubisky era in Chicago. Many people seem to think it will come the following week with the Monday night game against the vikings. They will have a few extra days to get him ready."

-"I think they have a pretty damn good 1-2 punch at RB though. A lot of people may have been ready to write of Howard after Cohen's big start but yesterday reminded people that he was the second leading runner in the league last year. While I think our run defense is OK and I do think we can control the running game I am more worried about RBs like Cohen (and Mixon yesterday) catching passes out of the backfield."

-"I also think it's a little funny the Bears are getting praise right now after the way Tampa Bay kicked their asses just last week."

-"Stop Howard/Cohen + keep AR12 alive, and I think we win by 10-14 in this one."

-"Reasons I am not super worried.
1. The bears are not a passing team so they will struggle to expose our real weakness.
2. The offense is good enough to score 20 plus on the bears and I don't think the bears will put up 20 on the packers

Reasons I am worried
1. Cohen. We have struggled covering backs out of the backfield.
2. Thompson screwed us over and didn't give us better 6th and 7th string tackles. How could he not have us in a better place with Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs, and Barclay all hurt? What team isn't 7 deep at tackle?"

-"They have to perform and stay healthy. The Bears have two legitimate threats out of the backfield, but we've faced better over the years and they don't have much of a threat beyond that. I think we'll be fine. I think we can play run and have enough on the back end to keep that all in check...The Bears have a good defense, but it's not the best we've seen or will see. our Tackle situation worries me, but you just go with what you have. They should be able to complete enough plays to beat the Bears."

-"This will be a tough game, and I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. The Bears have talent on D, so another hard day's work is ahead for our banged up Oline."

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They aren't very optimistic and that makes me happy. Packers are overrated. They played poorly against SEA, got smoked against ATL and barely beat a struggling CIN team. If it wasn't for Mike Glennon, I would feel pretty good about the game.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think our Defensive line beats them up for about 3 quarters... Then Rodgers goes all "Rodgers" on us at the end and we lose... (mostly because instead of running up the score, Fox plays conservative per the usual) With our luck, it'll be on a busted play towards the end of the game...

Glennon gets sacked 4 times in the first half because of the sheer amount of players they throw at him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think our Defensive line beats them up for about 3 quarters... Then Rodgers goes all "Rodgers" on us at the end and we lose... (mostly because instead of running up the score, Fox plays conservative per the usual) With our luck, it'll be on a busted play towards the end of the game...

Glennon gets sacked 4 times in the first half because of the sheer amount of players they throw at him.

You forgot to toss in the normal WTF penalty in favor of the Packers in the 4th quarter, as sure as death and taxes, this will happen.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"What team isn't 7 deep at tackle?"

The fuck is that guy smoking? Maybe he meant to say 7 deep at offensive linemen as a whole.

mecha

Liked Posts:
watch the 1st-drive-week-3-preseason mike glennon make an appearance. him and kendall wright are gonna carve shit up.

lmao. I thought this guy was supposed to be some great prospect 4 years ago. where's that guy at, seriously?

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
lmao. I thought this guy was supposed to be some great prospect 4 years ago. where's that guy at, seriously?

he supposedly played 35 snaps (54%) against the steelers. getting a total of 0 targets.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If it is close at the half and Glennon is playing like ass, I wonder if the Bears go for the big win on the road and play Trubisky.

2-2 coming off of wins against Pittsburgh and GB would look very different than everyone expected.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
That's a given.

Hicks will get a RtP for looking at Aaron the wrong way.

If it is close at the half and Glennon is playing like ass, I wonder if the Bears go for the big win on the road and play Trubisky.

2-2 coming off of wins against Pittsburgh and GB would look very different than everyone expected.

One can dream.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:

if loggains has his way...

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"What team isn't 7 deep at tackle?"

The fuck is that guy smoking? Maybe he meant to say 7 deep at offensive linemen as a whole.

lol... he was clearly trolling his fellow fans. Several of them are making fun of the fact that their first 4 Tackles were all hurt.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s amazing how Packers fans are almost as self-loathing as Bears fans, despite the yearly successes.