What Packers' Fans are Saying

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
It’s amazing how Packers fans are almost as self-loathing as Bears fans, despite the yearly successes.
Packer fans have high expectations. Since 2010 they've been media darlings and among the top superbowl contenders but every year since they fail for one reason or another. By rights Rodgers should have won them at least 2 by now. Here's to rooting for that second sb never happening.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If, and god knows it wouldn't ever happen, I were a Packers fan...I would be pissed the fuck off that Ted Thompson was still my GM. He has singlehandedly wasted Aaron Rodgers' career by being a cheap ass in free agency and forcing team building through the draft while constantly striking out at drafting.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
"I got a new pair of hip waders and a virgin sheep special for this game."

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd feel a lot better about it if we weren't so one-dimensional offensively...

They are pretty one dimensional on O as well...they don't have a run game.... kind of opposite of Bears. Should be interesting matchup really.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If, and god knows it wouldn't ever happen, I were a Packers fan...I would be pissed the fuck off that Ted Thompson was still my GM. He has singlehandedly wasted Aaron Rodgers' career by being a cheap ass in free agency and forcing team building through the draft while constantly striking out at drafting.

I just realized that Datone Jones was cut, their 1st rounder from 2013. Vikings signed him and then cut him too.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
As opposed to what - the old Dan Snyder Redskins, who blew their cap on all the top free agents for several years with shit to show for it?

Thompson has the right philosophy. He's just shit in execution as you need to land at least 1-2 quality starters and 1 quality backup each draft.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really want to win this game, but don't want Glennon to be the hero. A similar victory like we had against PIT would be okay. Get the victory, but make it painstakingly obvious that Glennon blows.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As opposed to what - the old Dan Snyder Redskins, who blew their cap on all the top free agents for several years with shit to show for it?

Thompson has the right philosophy. He's just shit in execution as you need to land at least 1-2 quality starters and 1 quality backup each draft.

Disagree whole heartedly. You build through the draft when you are in the process of a rebuild. When you have a bonafide franchise QB who will go down as one of the greatests, you are doing yourself a disservice blatantly ignoring free agency.

They should be taking more shots on the Charles Woodson's of the world to get them over the top. Like the Patriots do!

Ted Thompson is so overrated it is unreal.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I see it said they're gonna be without Daniels and Perry but i saw that N.Perry was back practicing today so it looks like he'll be back.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Talk out of both ends much? You say he has the right philosophy and also admit he drafts worth a shit...so guess what the logical move is for a GM that can't draft worth a shit? He has to reach into free agency to account for it. Something he barely dabbled in this season and one free agent class isn't going to cover up the years and years of shit drafting he's piled up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I just realized that Datone Jones was cut, their 1st rounder from 2013. Vikings signed him and then cut him too.

The Bears worked D.Jones out today. Didn't see anything about how it went though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Disagree whole heartedly. You build through the draft when you are in the process of a rebuild. When you have a bonafide franchise QB who will go down as one of the greatests, you are doing yourself a disservice blatantly ignoring free agency.

They should be taking more shots on the Charles Woodson's of the world to get them over the top. Like the Patriots do!

Ted Thompson is so overrated it is unreal.

Good example is 2015 Denver Broncos. 45% of the snaps played on that team were Free Agents. TJ Ward, Emanuel Sanders, DeMarcus Ware, Evan Mathis, Peyton Manning and a few others

Washington

Liked Posts:
I totally agree that TT has screwed the pooch and wasted many opportunities in GB. The fans here and even many players speak out on it.

Last year, I felt Trevathon and Forte would have been great signings for GB who needed an ILB and a RB. TT only likes to sign street FAs so they don't count against his supplementary draft picks. I was shocked he signed Bennett this year and then added Kendricks (he was a street FA).

GB has had the money and TT could have easily added depth and weapons. Wolf used to be similar but made some good signings with Reggie White being the top one.

I for one am thankful TT has not spent his cash. Unfortunately, as a Bears fan living in WI, the best game each season for me is when GB is eliminated from the playoffs. It's not like the Bears have a chance at the playoffs and GB is in the playoffs virtually every year.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Anyone take pleasure in listening to the Packer fans salivate over Howard and Cohen hahahaha!!! Greenbay has been looking for years to find a complimentary back to their passing game and Pace comes in and finds two gems in the 4th and 5th round! Pure comedy!!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears wins this game, doesn't that mean the packers are the worst team in the division?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If it is close at the half and Glennon is playing like ass, I wonder if the Bears go for the big win on the road and play Trubisky.

2-2 coming off of wins against Pittsburgh and GB would look very different than everyone expected.

The rest of the schedule stacks up nicely. The Ravens looked like defensive monsters and then promptly gave up 44 points to the Jags. The Bears have 12 winnable games left on the schedule and I'm 100-percent convinced they'd be borderline Wild Card team right now if Trubisky played from here on out.

Yes they are good enough right now to win in this mediocre NFL. Cowboys, Seahawks, (obviously not on the schedule) don't scare me, neither do the Panthers or anyone else in the NFC. This conference is up for grabs, hey Pace force Fox's hand.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
"Shit, I didn't think I could finish that second pound of cheese curds, and now I wish I had ordered a third."