What pick at #9 makes you vomit?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am talking legitimate possibility, like guys in the top 15. Picks that grade out but personally do nothing for you.

-Christian Gonzalez. I just don't want a corner. It would also solidify that Kyler Gordon is a bust.

-JSN. Will get a ton of hate here but you can't take a slow (but yet agreed he is quick) slot WR at 9.

Flame on my draft brothers.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am talking legitimate possibility, like guys in the top 15. Picks that grade out but personally do nothing for you.

-Christian Gonzalez. I just don't want a corner. It would also solidify that Kyler Gordon is a bust.

-JSN. Will get a ton of hate here but you can't take a slow (but yet agreed he is quick) slot WR at 9.

Kyler Gordon should continue to play nickel where he's best suited and Jaylon Johnson is a solid number two CB but Bears still need a number one CB on the outside.

Nickel in todays NFL is more important than ever in this passing league.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Van Ness is the only one I'd be sick about though I'd still give him a fair shot after being legit disappointed for that day. It's entirely because the team I support (Nebraska) played his team (Iowa) every year and I legit didn't even know who he was. He just wasn't impactful and Nebraska's offensive line has been notoriously terrible for a long, long time. So if he can't be dominant against that crappy unit, why are the Bears taking him 9th in the draft?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Van Ness is the only one I'd be sick about though I'd still give him a fair shot after being legit disappointed for that day. It's entirely because the team I support (Nebraska) played his team (Iowa) every year and I legit didn't even know who he was. He just wasn't impactful and Nebraska's offensive line has been notoriously terrible for a long, long time. So if he can't be dominant against that crappy unit, why are the Bears taking him 9th in the draft?

I'd love Van Ness in a trade down he's similar to Preston Smith who didn't start in college and was also just a rotational pass rusher with good NFL coaching he could be special but don't pick him top 15 because that risk.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Quentin Johnston would make me sick, though I think he has slid back in the ore draft process.

Christian Gonzales - I'm just not that impressed. Seems kind of small on tape. On top of that, it would be hard to stomach if there were some good OLineman to take.

Anthony Richardson - don't have to explain this one.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

I don't think picking Gonzalez would saying anything at all about Gordon. It would say something about their feelings on Johnson maybe.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Kyler Gordon should continue to play nickel where he's best suited and Jaylon Johnson is a solid number two CB but Bears still need a number one CB on the outside.

Gordon was much better outside than in the slot last year.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Yes to this.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Quentin Johnston would make me sick, though I think he has slid back in the ore draft process.

Christian Gonzales - I'm just not that impressed. Seems kind of small on tape. On top of that, it would be hard to stomach if there were some good OLineman to take.

Anthony Richardson - don't have to explain this one.
You're 100% wrong on Gonzalez, I watched every game with the Ducks last year and he's a stud, just not @ #9 for the Bears with other higher needs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Disagree that drafting a CB sends that message. This is not the 1980s. You need more than two cornerbacks and Gordon is not a bust. Gordon would play nickel and Gonzales would play the outside.

Teams are in the nickel more than not.

I agree JSN is not our biggest need, and is not my first preference, but that wouldn’t make me vomit.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'd love Van Ness in a trade down he's similar to Preston Smith who didn't start in college and was also just a rotational pass rusher with good NFL coaching he could be special but don't pick him top 15 because that risk.

I agree with the risk aspect but I'd extend that risk all the way through the 1st round. When my team drafts in the first round, I want someone with upside and who has performed against top competition. I don't necessarily need multiple seasons of proof that this guy can play but at least several games where you watch the guy play and go 'wow, he can play'.

A team like the Eagles with legit guys all over the field are a little different. They can afford to be patient and let high upside guys develop. The Bears just aren't in that position at the moment with holes all over the roster. They need guys who have upside while being able to hold their own in the interim and hopefully they develop into studs.

I really don't want them taking a project type prospect or a guy who couldn't start on their college team at this time in the Bears rebuild.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya i was going to put him on my list also. I just don’t find it realistic he goes that high.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Wow, I think you should slow your roll on Gordon. Selecting a great prospect at 9 because he might be the best value on the board does not solidify anything on Gordon. He was playing pretty well later in the season after a rough start. Considering there was no pass rush, he could have struggled all year.

Imagine a team wanting three quality players at CB in a league where QBs sling the ball all over the yard…

msadows

Liked Posts:

Only really one player that would make me throw up:

Gonzalez only because I don't want a corner, but I'm sure I'd learn to live with it since he should be a stud.

Van Ness - His tape does not indicate a top 10 pick. Seems more like a project, which I don't think is a wise choice in the top 10.

B. Jones - I don't see it. He seems like the 4th best tackle in this draft to me. All the hype is from his athleticism and how he moves in space but his tape is the least impressive of the top 4 IMO. Via a trade down I'd love him in the late teens tho.

Bijan - YOU DONT DRAFT A RB THAT HIGH

I very much disagree with you on JSN. Guy will be great in the NFL but I heavily doubt the bears take him. He's been slow his entire life, but quick as fuck. This didn't stop him from dominating in the highest level in Texas HS Football and doing the same in college....

People said the same thing about him when he comitted to Ohio State, that he was either too slow or too small. Clearly, he just needs to prove everyone wrong again. Just please don't let the packers take him :(

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree with the risk aspect but I'd extend that risk all the way through the 1st round. When my team drafts in the first round, I want someone with upside and who has performed against top competition. I don't necessarily need multiple seasons of proof that this guy can play but at least several games where you watch the guy play and go 'wow, he can play'.

A team like the Eagles with legit guys all over the field are a little different. They can afford to be patient and let high upside guys develop. The Bears just aren't in that position at the moment with holes all over the roster. They need guys who have upside while being able to hold their own in the interim and hopefully they develop into studs.

I really don't want them taking a project type prospect or a guy who couldn't start on their college team at this time in the Bears rebuild.

Understandable he grew up near me in Barrington, IL so I'm going to root for him regardless.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Understandable he grew up near me in Barrington, IL so I'm going to root for him regardless.
His dad has a chiropractic practice in Barrington. His father looks like a NFL linebacker.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His dad has a chiropractic practice in Barrington. His father looks like a NFL linebacker.

Lukas Van Ness girlfriend Frankie Kmet met each other at the University of Iowa. Frankie is the younger sister of NFL player Cole Kmet

lukas-van-ness-girlfriend.webp

lukas-van-ness-girlfriend-3.webp