What RB do you want the Bears to draft?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bijan Robinson is a beast but I don't see Bears drafting RB in round one. Who is your guy that you think can fill Monty's exit?

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did want Arkansas RB before he opted to stay in college, cool name as well

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Bijan Robinson is a beast but I don't see Bears drafting RB in round one. Who is your guy that you think can fill Monty's exit?
Won't last past the first 10 picks or so. I want Monty back anyway.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Deuce Vaughn
Zach Charbonnet
Tank Bigsby
I love everything about Tank but his vision. He has a bad problem of trying to bounce everything and missing obvious cut back lanes.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The best part of Robinson is that you dont have to take him off the field for any down and distance. That is a significant advantage - this team runs on third down to improve position for a FG instead of going for a long first down. That kind of RB can give Fields a bigger lane to make a big play off of play action, again, on any down and distance.

The next best thing you can get is a RB that is a plus receiver with speed who stays on third down as a plus pass blocker. I would much rather Poles target Robinson if it means an every-down weapon is in the backfield, but I would only accept that if he trades down to pick up extra Day 2 picks and future picks. I still think that the ideal is to target Carolina and tap into their wealth of picks, and I would not mind Robinson in the 1st in that regard.

Someone else would have to suggest a lower round prospect that can fill a complementary role.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The stars have aligned. Bears take both Anderson and Robinson in the first.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Spend a 1st round pick on the easiest position to fill. Fuckin idiots.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Spend a 1st round pick on the easiest position to fill. Fuckin idiots.
The running game is the engine of the offense, an every down back is beneficial to not tipping off the defenses, and a plus receiver in the backfield is a boon that would help elevate the offenses third down efficiency.

The cost of doing business will sometimes be a first round pick. Centers usually don't get drafted in the first, but the best prospects are first rounders for any of the starting 22 positions.
It's okay if you're okay with adequate, but adequate doesn't cut mustard.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The best part of Robinson is that you dont have to take him off the field for any down and distance. That is a significant advantage - this team runs on third down to improve position for a FG instead of going for a long first down. That kind of RB can give Fields a bigger lane to make a big play off of play action, again, on any down and distance.

The next best thing you can get is a RB that is a plus receiver with speed who stays on third down as a plus pass blocker. I would much rather Poles target Robinson if it means an every-down weapon is in the backfield, but I would only accept that if he trades down to pick up extra Day 2 picks and future picks. I still think that the ideal is to target Carolina and tap into their wealth of picks, and I would not mind Robinson in the 1st in that regard.

Someone else would have to suggest a lower round prospect that can fill a complementary role.
This is Bears fandom!

Draft a RB in the first round to get you closer to the FG on 3rd and long instead of trying for a first down. Beautiful!

I honestly thought this was sarcasm (who wouldn't?) until I read later posts defending your position.