What time to expect the picks?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is #1 due by 12:05 or close to it or do they get 15 minutes to waste?

#9 around 2:00-2:30?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute. NBC has a completely different start time than NFL. NFL must be talking about hours of hype.

Just what time do we need to pay attention?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is #1 due by 12:05 or close to it or do they get 15 minutes to waste?

#9 around 2:00-2:30?
This is far from an exact science

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WHEN WILL THE BEARS MAKE THEIR 2024 NFL DRAFT PICKS
The first pick is easy to predict, but after that things get tough. The Bears have almost certainly made their decision for the No. 1 overall pick already. Their evaluation of Williams is done, and their decision not to bring in other highly-touted QBs for a top-30 visit, like Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels, tells you everything you need to know. However the Bears pick might not come right at 7 p.m. Each team has 10 minutes to make its pick in the first round, so if the Bears want to do the league a solid and extended TV coverage in pursuit of the almighty advertising dollar, they could wait a bit before they turn in their card.

Given each team has 10 minutes to make their pick, the latest the Bears would make their selection with the No. 9 pick would be 8:30 p.m., give or take a few minutes for the TV coverage and audiences to settle in before the action begins. Not all teams take the full 10 minutes, though. A quick Google search says the first round typically takes about four hours to complete. That averages out to seven and a half minutes per pick. Using this extremely scientific method, that indicates the Bears could be on the clock for their No. 9 pick at 8 p.m.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
WHEN WILL THE BEARS MAKE THEIR 2024 NFL DRAFT PICKS
The first pick is easy to predict, but after that things get tough. The Bears have almost certainly made their decision for the No. 1 overall pick already. Their evaluation of Williams is done, and their decision not to bring in other highly-touted QBs for a top-30 visit, like Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels, tells you everything you need to know. However the Bears pick might not come right at 7 p.m. Each team has 10 minutes to make its pick in the first round, so if the Bears want to do the league a solid and extended TV coverage in pursuit of the almighty advertising dollar, they could wait a bit before they turn in their card.

Given each team has 10 minutes to make their pick, the latest the Bears would make their selection with the No. 9 pick would be 8:30 p.m., give or take a few minutes for the TV coverage and audiences to settle in before the action begins. Not all teams take the full 10 minutes, though. A quick Google search says the first round typically takes about four hours to complete. That averages out to seven and a half minutes per pick. Using this extremely scientific method, that indicates the Bears could be on the clock for their No. 9 pick at 8 p.m.

Thanks
So no plans between 7:00-8:30.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks
So no plans between 7:00-8:30.

Then next item of concern is pick #23, when somebody (hopefully me) wins an Officail Caleb Williams jersey. All this while watching my New York Knickerbockers play game 3 with the 76ers. What a week.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Then next item of concern is pick #23, when somebody (hopefully me) wins an Officail Caleb Williams jersey. All this while watching my New York Knickerbockers play game 3 with the 76ers. What a week.

I got a bunch of crap done today so was thinking fishing tomorrow.
Then I went to NFL com and it said the draft starts at noon. Oh crap! Then NBC reminded me of the real time.

You're not planning on watching the draft?

No.
In fact when NFL told me it started at noon I thought I could still go fishing and check the Bears app every 30 minutes.
The draft is just finding out who your team took from a reliable source. I don't need to see all the pomp.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Poles “Bearz” (mess) it up and pull a “Viking” (stupidly missing their pick) in this years draft?

If so, that would be so “Lions” and “Packers” (annoying and ghey- interchangeable).

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
I trust Williams pick is not questionable. But I can't trust the Bears until it's official. I'll be listening at 7.
I hear you.. after what they did with Mahomes and Trubisky.. I can't trust them

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I hear you.. after what they did with Mahomes and Trubisky.. I can't trust them

Don't remind me of trading up to not miss out on Trubisky.
And then finding out later we missed out on the next GOAT.