What to do with Bryce Callahan

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What to do with Bryce Callahan who has quietly become one of the better players on the defense and a huge weapon for the Bears on defense.

Looking at the recent contracts for primarily slot CBs the price range seems to be

Aaron Colvin [Houston] 8.5/year
TJ Carrie [Cleveland] 7.5/year
D.J Hayden 6.3/year

To me Callahan is a priority.

I would offer him the mid-level contract right now 4 years 30 million/15 guaranteed. My hope is that he wants the cash in his pocket right now and protect himself against injury in the last 7 games.

After the season I would be willing to move up to the higher number of 4/34/17.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
We need to re sign him. He's been a key piece to this defense, having 3 corners who can cover is something few team have.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If he is a future replacement for prince he is a priority. If not then those cap dollars need to go for massie replacement

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What to do with Bryce Callahan who has quietly become one of the better players on the defense and a huge weapon for the Bears on defense.

Looking at the recent contracts for primarily slot CBs the price range seems to be

Aaron Colvin [Houston] 8.5/year
TJ Carrie [Cleveland] 7.5/year
D.J Hayden 6.3/year

To me Callahan is a priority.

I would offer him the mid-level contract right now 4 years 30 million/15 guaranteed. My hope is that he wants the cash in his pocket right now and protect himself against injury in the last 7 games.

After the season I would be willing to move up to the higher number of 4/34/17.

What a game he had yesterday. He's been good all year but he was doing everything yesterday. If the money is there then Pace needs to go ahead and just sign the kid asap. We don't know what Pace has planned for next off season with money/cap but he should know what he'll have or around what he'll have and know if the money is gonna be there to pay this kid. We also have Amos to worry about and some other smaller things and we don't know what Fangio and Donatell are telling him about those two but Callahan has earned a contract.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If he is a future replacement for prince he is a priority. If not then those cap dollars need to go for massie replacement

I think he's purely a NB and hoping that that K.Toliver kid is the future replacement for Prince.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Dollars to donuts, Massie's intended replacement is already on the roster. Coward. Except, at the level that Bobby Massie is playing, I don't know if I want him to get replaced. He has literally improved every season he has been with us.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nickel is just as important as the 2nd corner, if not more so. However, Bears can’t keep everyone. I think he’ll walk and make 10 mil a year elsewhere unless Pace tags him.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Nickel is just as important as the 2nd corner, if not more so. However, Bears can’t keep everyone. I think he’ll walk and make 10 mil a year elsewhere unless Pace tags him.

Sims and Lynch alone save us 10 mill. Won't be any problem retaining him.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Great thing about it is people may actually want to play for this team and the culture they've built without taking them to the wood shed.

Either way, I'd pay him. He's been stellar.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Callahan will get 8 years/$125M with $75M in guarantees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Dollars to donuts, Massie's intended replacement is already on the roster. Coward. Except, at the level that Bobby Massie is playing, I don't know if I want him to get replaced. He has literally improved every season he has been with us.

He’s a free agent so depending on our cap situation I don’t know if we have a choice. I don’t think losing a rt is something smart going forward without a plan. I’m not going to kill this awesome momentum we have on offense by taking a chance with coward. It’s definitely a situation I’m keeping my eye on more so then nickle back

swz01

Liked Posts:
He’s a free agent so depending on our cap situation I don’t know if we have a choice. I don’t think losing a rt is something smart going forward without a plan. I’m not going to kill this awesome momentum we have on offense by taking a chance with coward. It’s definitely a situation I’m keeping my eye on more so then nickle back

Long will be the guy who gets let go. Then they will draft another OG with our 3rd rounder. Wouldn't be surprised if Howard is traded too and we pick his replacement with the draft pick we get back.

Top needs will be OG, RB, OT, OLB, K.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Not only should they resign him they should bring another nickel corner it to groom under him for dime packages... We are going to be in a lot of 3rd and longs with Mack healthy... with Callahan signed and our current corners looking solid... you should try to get a deep coverage group at corner to become one of the elite defenses in any situation...

Floyd isn't a great pass rusher but is great at not letting QBs get outside the pocket.. A very underappreciated talent..

We might also be seeing the development of Roquan Smith into an elite all around defender in the NFL... possible all pro in the future with the way he covers

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Pay the man. We can do far worse and can’t get much better than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think people aren’t used to the Bears being able to spend money.

Pay Callahan. Keep Amos. Cut Long and Sims. You’ve got the money and the cap room.

Lock down the window, and extend the window. We’re in it, boys!