What to do with Deng

What should the Bulls do with SF Luol Deng?

• Total voters

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would suck a greasy fart out of John Candy's bloated, dead ass if it meant we got Victor Oladipo. I think he's going to become the next Dennis Johnson.

and...sig'd

tumblr_m6d9he0x4p1qze29yo1_400.gif

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oladipo has the most upside of any backcourt player in the draft, imo -- I'd love to get him.
McLemore. I don't disagree that Oladipo would be a good pick, but I think McLemore would solve your 2-guard position. Throw Jimmy at the 3.

Rose
McLemore
Butler
Boozer
Noah

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
McLemore. I don't disagree that Oladipo would be a good pick, but I think McLemore would solve your 2-guard position. Throw Jimmy at the 3.

Rose
McLemore
Butler
Boozer
Noah

Problem is McLemore isn't getting past the 2nd pick.

Also, what kind of money is the extension for as part of this poll option?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Keep Luol Deng around. You can never have too many good players. Three all stars in Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah. A former all star in Carlos Boozer and a stud in Jimmy Butler.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how high we could climb the draft with the 2016 Bobcats unprotected pick, but if Olidipo can in any way be had, you do it.

Rose-Olidip-Butler would be some insane defense. i think Olidipo is the best guard defender in college I have seen since Brandon Roy.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Honestly man, I could see him slip out of the top three, simply because "position fits". Cleveland is set in their backcourt with Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters. Noel makes a lot of sense there, even if it's just as an insurance policy for Thompson and Varejao. When you throw in the fact that Noel is going to be sitting for at least six more months, it gives them time to concentrate on his rehab instead of needing instant production. Orlando desperately needs a point guard, and I could certainly see them grabbing Trey Burke over McLemore, again.... simply because of fit and need over talent. And Washington is in a similar spot as Cleveland with having a loaded young backcourt (John Wall and Bradley Beal). Then you've got Michael Jordan making Charlotte's pick at #4, and we all know he could end up drafting another African guy who's only touched a basketball six or seven times in his entire life because HIS MESURABLES ARE OFF THE CHARTS. HE FUCKING CRUSHED IT AT THE COMBINE WHEN CHAIRS AND 65-YEAR-OLD TRAINERS WERE GUARDING HIM!?!!!!!!!!!????!?!!!!

I mean, it's highly unlikely he'd fall beyond Charlotte or Phoenix, both whom need shooting, but crazier things have happened.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind moving up to possibly get Oladipo if he were to fall a little which I doubt he will. I think McLemore will be a solid NBA player but Oladipo>>>>

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

he could if magic take burke but hes not going past bobcats who pick 4th (and def not suns #5)

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
not high oladipo for us....i dont want nomore cant score, cant shoot, defense only, shit ball handling players

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
oh hes a nice prospect no doubt but i dont like him for us

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
oh hes a nice prospect no doubt but i dont like him for us
Supposedly he's actually shown a lot of improvement with shooting the ball. He might end up being a better version of Tony Allen.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Most people said he didn't start to get good at basketball until around his junior year and he didn't even start in high school until his senior year. Granted he was on a loaded high school team but still. 3 years later he's one of the best college players. He couldn't shoot to save his life and this past year he shot 63% on 2 PT FGs and 44% from 3. Work ethic is off the charts. We need to start taking guys like him instead of lazy fucks with talent(Eddy Curry, Tyrus Thomas, etc).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most people said he didn't start to get good at basketball until around his junior year and he didn't even start in high school until his senior year. Granted he was on a loaded high school team but still. 3 years later he's one of the best college players. He couldn't shoot to save his life and this past year he shot 63% on 2 PT FGs and 44% from 3. Work ethic is off the charts. We need to start taking guys like him instead of lazy fucks with talent(Eddy Curry, Tyrus Thomas, etc).
We've actually done that with our draft picks except with the exception of those guys. See Deng, Gibson, and Butler.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You do know Eddy Curry was a Krause pick 12 years ago right? Lol.

Paxson has gotten Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo, Noah, Rose, James Johnson, Taj Gibson, Butler, and Teague.

Tyrus is easily his worst pick, followed by James Johnson. The rest not too shabby.

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do know Eddy Curry was a Krause pick 12 years ago right? Lol.

Paxson has gotten Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo, Noah, Rose, James Johnson, Taj Gibson, Butler, and Teague.

Tyrus is easily his worst pick, followed by James Johnson. The rest not too shabby.

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology
Paxson ended up getting a first rounder for Johnson right? And for Tyrus? At least he some what rectified those mistakes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Paxson ended up getting a first rounder for Johnson right? And for Tyrus? At least he some what rectified those mistakes.
Only a 2nd rounder for Johnson. Tyrus became the Bobcats pick if I'm not mistaken.

czman

Liked Posts:
Only a 2nd rounder for Johnson. Tyrus became the Bobcats pick if I'm not mistaken.

The Bulls got the Heats 1st round pick which Toronto picked up from the Chris Bosh sign and trade. I think the Bulls traded the player, I forget what for.